The Make Up

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara exhaled and felt like throwing the television out of her house after seeing yet another news about herself on TV. She turned it off and screamed out loud, causing her best friend, Kwon Jiyong to run over and had to take a deep breath when he saw his friend because he himself is also frustrated by all these that happened.

 

“, why did you have to scream like that?” he bit his lips to control his anger. He’s still wearing apron because he was cooking for Dara’s dinner, that girl has been sitting on her bed for almost two weeks after that stupid car accident. And the worst nightmare had begun since that day, the videos are leaked and now Dara’s life is over.

 

“The television won’t shut up I want you to get rid of it tonight!” she said and threw the remote as well against the wall and it cracked into two pieces.

 

“You know what. I’m done with this… babysitting you. I’m going home!” he took off the apron and tossed it randomly on the floor. He rubbed his face, still controlling his anger, “I warned you before. You didn’t listen to me. Now look at you, look at all this. Don’t blame the stupid television this is all your fault.” Jiyong get the remote on the floor and threw it outside the window.

 

“You want me to get rid of this TV? Okay fine I’m getting rid of it and after that I won’t be coming back to this house again. I can’t forever listen to you whining, and crying and freaking me out. Give me a break. I barely come to work because of you. You never appreciate me! And now I’ve probably burned my chicken. Good, Dara. You’re slowly killing me.” Jiyong said with hand gestures and he is completely mad at his friend.

 

Dara suddenly feels sorry but still mad. She got the headache again. “Don't go! Hey!” She yelled when Jiyong disappeared behind the door.

 

“At least pass me my pills first, Jiyong!!!!”

 

No response from Jiyong so Dara decided to crawled out of her bed though her feet are still weak and her headache is getting worse. She struggled walking out of her own bedroom and found Jiyong running down the stairs.

 

“Why are you being like this? I didn’t mean to not appreciate you! I love you, Ji please come back. I need you!”

 

“Ji you stupid… arkh!” Dara fell with her chin landing first. Now every pain in her body feels even worse. Jiyong lifted his head up to check up on her and noticed the woman is lying on the floor with her face on it. Jiyong sighed. He clutched his hands and decided to go for her.

 

He helped her get up. “I hate it when I can’t being mean to you.” He mumbled.

 

“You can go if you want…” Dara sat on the edge of her bed, already wanted to cry.

 

Jiyong shook his head, “No… no.”

 

“But you…”

 

“No I’m gonna stay now. I just want to make sure that you’re okay. And I hate seeing you acting crazy these weeks. I feel like you’re someone else. You’re not you and you freak me out. I’m really scared that you might lose your mind. I’m not ready to lose a friend.” Jiyong said jokingly as he held Dara’s hand and grinned.

 

“I’m not losing my mind, moron. I’m just mad because of the television and the news that won’t stop talking about me. I hate to see paparazzi outside my house screaming out my name. I hate to hear those unknown voices mocking at me I believe was the neighbors’. I hate it. I hate all of this!” Dara covered her face with her hands.

 

“I’m lonely, Jiyong. I don’t have anybody. I broke up with Minzy. I ruined my relationship with Chaerin. I didn’t have good bond with my mom. I’ve wrecked my own career and all I got now is you. I don’t want you to go…”

Jiyong wrapped his arms around Dara and let her snuggle to him. She’s already like a sister to him and he feels sad when she feels sad. And now he feels like he is in fully charge on taking care of her since she already got nobody. He admits that Dara is not good at taking care of her own life, or even anything.

“Calm down, girl. It’s not gonna last long. Trust me, I’m gonna try stopping all this, I mean, the rest of it.” He murmured.

 

“No you can’t stop this anymore. It already happened. Mom is gonna hate me even more. I won’t be receiving any job offer. My fans would turn their back against me. This is the end of the world for me. And the worst part, maybe there won’t be anyone who wants me as lover…”

 

“No no no don’t say that. Don’t be negative. You have to be strong. This happens almost everyday to people like us. There are plenty of worst things happen to other celebrities out there and they managed to survive the storm and now they have already back on doing their jobs. Don’t worry too much. Now just worry for your own body. You need to recover soon.”

 

“But those videos. That humiliates me so much you know that?”

 

Jiyong slightly smiled and rubbed Dara’s head, “Don’t worry, girl. The videos are already cleaned up from this universe. Nobody will ever see them again.”

 

Dara stopped crying for a while, “What do you mean? What did you do?”

 

“Someone did her best to protect you. Someone who probably loves even more than she loves herself.”

 

“Who? Mom? That’s impossible.”

 

Jiyong sighed, “Of course it’s Chaerin. Why are you so stupid?”

 

Dara pushed Jiyong aside and widened her eyes, “What? Chaerin?? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“How was I supposed to tell you? You barely were in this world. You were always mad and unstable. I was scared to tell you anything so I ended up just doing things you asked me to…”

 

“Why is it has to be Chaerin?”

 

“You don’t ask why on love.” Jiyong shrugged.

 

“It’s not love. She… she doesn’t love me anymore. She is just a good person. She is just being nice to me.”

 

“Because she loves you.”

 

“Who loves who?” Chaerin showed up in front of the door, holding a basket full of fruits and her outstanding outfit, showing that she must have came from doing a job. Jiyong jumped off the bed, “Oh finally you came!” he clapped his hands once.

 

“Did you leave the door unlocked? You’re ing crazy.” Chaerin smacked Jiyong’s head. “And your chickens don’t look like it could be eaten anymore.”

Jiyong groaned and he rushed out to look after his cooking. So there left Chaerin and Dara in the room. Dara’s heart is suddenly beating faster and she gets nervous when their eyes met accidentally.

“Are you okay?” the blonde girl asked and put down the basket on the side table, her eyes are roaming around the room. Dara nodded, “I’m fine. Thanks.”

Chaerin starred at Dara and also felt awkward. She is wondering whether she should take a seat next to her or just standing there.

“So… uh, you feeling better now? How’s your head and your leg?” Chaerin raised her eyebrows and showed off a quirky smile.

“They’re better now. I’m feeling much better, thanks to Jiyong… and… you.”

“Why me? This is the first time I visited you after… ehm, the accident.”

 

Dara tilted her head, “Well yeah but you’ve done much more bigger thing for me. Thanks… for, you know, taking down those stupid useless videos…”

 

Chaerin cleared , “Uh, that. No big deal…”

 

No. Big. Deal. It’s actually a lie. It was a very big deal. Chaerin was so mad, she was angry at the universe, at the paparazzi, at the reporters, at the television as well, not to mention she already broke her living room TV. She hates receiving mails from unknown people asking how she’s feeling about those videos. She is sick of interviewers asking her, not about herself but about her ex that’s been getting into trouble. She didn’t even get involved in any of those troubles but she is also the victim of cruel world of paparazzi.
 

So Chaerin saw those videos and vomited after the third one because she couldn’t stand it. She feels so disgusted.

“This is ing disgusting.” She yelled and broke her laptop. Then she called everyone she knows could hack the internet and she asked for helps everywhere to take down those videos from the internet, to buy those from all television channel who happened already saved the videos. She did all she could, even things she couldn’t afford. She did it all just to fix this problem.

 

She barely took a sleep the last two weeks because of this. Bom has left her house after they got into fight for something Chaerin didn’t even remember because she was too busy, helping and finding a way to make things easier for Dara, to protect her image, to do anything for her sake. She yelled at citizens on the street when she heard them saying bad things about Dara. She torn off every newspaper she could find with Dara’s name on the headline. She was literally a crazy person, just like Dara was those weeks.

So now here she is after doing all the tiring things about those videos, she showed up in front of Dara for the first time and she is relieved.

 

“I’m sorry for what happened.” Chaerin spoke up.

 

Dara just smiled bitterly, “I’ve heard enough sorry from people, also enough mocks.”

“You’re gonna be okay, trust me, just like the time when you told people that you were gay. You were fine, right?”

 

“Yeah but that’s different from this. This is so bad.”

 

“ happens, Dara. You just get to deal with it.” Chaerin d into her pocket, “Before I forget… Here… mom wants me to give this to you.” Chaerin handed over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter