Dance

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 2 – Dance

 

 

            Today wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I was, just like before, ignored by the rest of the school’s population. That was what I wanted… right? To be ignored and for the world to disregard me… sadly the pain of living is the only thing that gets me going on a daily basis; knowing that I have to wake up to the trauma of living each day, suffocating and slowly falling into pieces. Yet, I welcome this pain with much gratitude… in heights that I may eventually grow numb to its feeling. Who would’ve thought that a simple rose and short message would make me remember to smile when I almost forgot the meaning of happiness. If only that person knew what a big impact he has made by just one flower… one short sweet message…

            When I’m tired of the world, when I feel like living isn’t what I was capable of, when I forget that there’s more to the world… this little act of kindness crumbles into delicate pits of joy and somewhere deep down the grave of a broken heart, a beat pumps with light, just because someone was paying attention to me… I’m happy not seeing his face or meeting him, maybe because I'm afraid if we do ever meet in person he might never want to see me again…  It didn’t matter though… every time I thought my life was slowly progressing, an obstacle lands in my ways, pushing me back with a pulsating pressure so furiously I was back to where I started… or maybe, sometimes even further.

            When I got home I found my mother on the phone with my father who was overseas at the moment and would be returning the following day. Slowly I let out a soft call to let her know I was home and still living. She saw me with a nod before returning to the conversation. I removed my shoes and placed my coat on the hanger before heading upstairs to my bedroom. There was nothing wrong with my bedroom except that it looked as though it didn’t belong to a 17 year old teenager. It was big, with a queen sized bed to one corner, a small study desk, the usual teak cupboards and a dresser. Nothing fancy about the off white painted walls and the simple tiles that matched the emptiness of my life. Absolutely nothing.

            Honestly speaking, I was happy with the way my room was set up and built. I don’t see the reason to complain when instead I should be thankful I don’t have to share a room with my younger sister. It was perfect in my eyes and I liked it that way.

            Changing out of my uniform, I decided on a warm outfit since it was rather chilly even though we were already ending February and entering March. Fixing my hair behind my ears I pulled out my homework and stared at it blankly. I would always do this. Look at my homework and answer the questions mentally but never do them. It was an annoying habit I didn’t want to break. Don’t ask why, I just do it. Stare at the work for hours without really taking in anything yet I knew the answers, still I fail the exams. Oh well, what to do?

            “Yah! Jiyeon! Come down for a minute!” I heard my mother call and I quickly pushed everything back into my bag and trotted downstairs.

            “Yes mom?” I asked looking out for her.

            “Ah, come with me for a second” she said and walked over to the cupboard. I followed and walked behind like a lost puppy.

            “Here” she handed me something which seemed to look like an umbrella.

            “What’s this for?” I asked staring at the chequered blue umbrella in confusion.

            “Get ready, we’re going somewhere and tell your sister as well” she said as I just nodded and followed her instructions.

 

 

 

            When we exited the car and walked over to the huge building I slowly read the name to myself.

 

S.M Dance and Music Institute

 

            Why in the world are we here? And please don’t tell me my mother is going to do something rash! I beg of you!

            “This way Ji” she called holding on to my sister’s hand as we continued inside. Walking over to the front desk where a lady sat in the midst of finishing some paperwork, mom looked over and greeted her. We followed suit. The lady immediately stood and gave a clumsy smile as she prevented the papers from falling.

            “Good day, can I help you?” she asked bowing.

            “Yes, I heard about the dance classes they were giving here?” she inquired. Somehow I didn’t like where this was going. Why was mom asking about dance classes? Did Saera want to dance? Hmm, well she is slender and dance may be good for her. Yes, at least she might actually come out of her room now! And dancing isn’t really my thing… not after…. Well.. ye.

            “Great, I’d like to sign up my daughter” my mother beamed after getting all the information needed. I shrunk behind and looked around. It seemed as though many students from various schools came here as I watched a couple hurry past the reception desk and bow to us before running down the hall. They were probably late.

            “Jiyeon, sign here please?” mom said and I looked at her confused but nodded and signed anyways.

            “Great she can start today if that’s ok?” the lady said smiling at us. Mom nodded and pushed me forward.

            “Enjoy!” she beamed and I gave her a confused look.

            “What?! Wait! What just happened??!!?!” I asked, eyes wide and lost.

            “I signed you up for dance classes silly! I hope you have the umbrella with you, it looks like it’ll rain this evening!” she waved at me as Saera and her disappeared.

            No. No. No. No. No! oh god… did she j-just s-s-sign me up for dance classes?!?! What?! But… I haven’t danced since…. Oh god!

            “This way Ms. Jung” she spoke breaking me from my trance. I wanted to run after my mom and beg her to cancel it but I think she already paid for a year’s contract and she was probably a few kilometres away, so I reluctantly followed the lady down the hall as she led me into a huge practice room where many teenagers around my age sat, waiting for their tutor. Hell no! I can’t do this! I hate people—no I hate meeting people… actually I don’t even like people my own age! Nothing good ever comes from people my own age. I have to get out of here.

            “Everyone, please welcome our new member, Jung Jiyeon” she said as they all bowed and greeted me. My stone expression probably scared half of them because the greeting was slightly scattered.

            “Annoyeonghasayeo” I bowed.

            “Where’s—“ her speech was cut when the door opened and in came the last person I expected to see here.

            “Sorry for being late, bad weather” he apologised quickly and slowly turned to my direction.

            “Anneyonghasayeo” he bowed politely before giving me a small knowing smile. Dammit! Can’t I just die in a hole right now?!?!?!

            “Oh! Jongin, this is Jiyeon, she’s starting today” the lady introduced me and I was sure time had stopped when our eyes linked with one another. It’s as though he was reading  me once again and I suddenly felt extremely self-conscious.

            “Jiyeon, this is Jongin, he’s almost the youngest but he’s the tutor believe it or not” she continued but I hardly paid any attention to her. I was too busy glaring at the gorgeous man standing in front of me. After 2-3 whole weeks of that episode in the park, I was finally forgetting about him but there he goes, crashing into my life like an unexpected meteor shower.

            If only I wasn’t getting seduced by his perfect face, I would’ve given him one hard slap across his face, but I couldn’t because…. He was right.

            “Well then, I’ll leave now” she said and exited the room, leaving the both of us still staring at eachother. Urgh. Why can’t he just look away already? I’m getting goose bumps here.

            I was the first to break eye-contact and look around the room only to find everyone’s gaze on us. Way to make a scene Jiyeon…

            “Well, this’ll be interesting” he smiled as I turned to give him a dirty look, my throat dried when I met his cat-like eyes once more. I need to stop… this isn’t healthy!

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Oh my guys! thank you for reading :) although this might turn into a short story more than a one-shot but i don't want to make it too long... you know?

so anyways, i'm glad you all agree with me on the jongin-is-not-a-player thing haha!

And you're comments helped me write this chappie! Aww i lub u all so much :)