Dance With Me?

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 7 – Dance With Me?

 

 

 

            Yesterday came a lot faster than I’d expected and school passed slowly as I dreaded every second. It was bad enough I had every single class with Saeli, but now I have to go spend 2 hours of boredom in that dance class! Aigoo! Hurrying out of the house, after changing into something comfortable I made my way to the studio. So many things crossed my mind and I’d practically spent the entire day thinking about Jongin’s confession. I swear, there are too many things going on in my life and slowly… I think I'm starting to fall for that Arrogant bastard!

            Upon entering the studio, I was surprised to find it empty. The lights were on but there was no one there. Furrowing my eyes I carefully walked in. Did I miss a notification or something? Yup, absolutely no one! I turned to leave when I saw a familiar black bag huddle on its usual spot in one corner of the room. Wait isn’t that—

            “I was beginning to wonder where you were” said a voice behind me.

            Turning around I came face to face with, none other than Mr. Kim Jongin. Oh perfect.

            “Where’s everyone?” I asked as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

            “Home” he answered simply.

            “Why?” I asked, not understanding the situation.

            “I sent them home” he said and walked over to the Player.

            “Why?”

            “So we could practice”

            “Why?”

            “Because you, are amazing”

            “Why?”

            “Really? Is that the only word you know?” he asked with a soft glare.

            “I’m not dancing” I scoffed lightly.

            “Yes, you are” he walked over and grabbed my bag, placing it next to his.

            “Why won’t you dance?” he asked.

            “Bad experience” I said numbly.

            “Listen, this is the present, you’re living right now, and whatever happen before, happened. So don’t mope and let’s have some fun ok” he smiled.

            “Why don’t you just be a therapist” I mocked.

            “Haha. Take off your jacket” he said. I stared at him wide eyed.

            “Excuse me?” I gawked.

            “You don’t expect to dance with that heavy thing over you now do you? ert” he snickered.

            “Y-Yah! I'm not a ert!’ I gasped at the accusation.

            “Whatever you say Princess” he smirked.

            “Shut up Kai” I glared and immediately regretted what came out of my mouth.

            “What did you just call me?” he asked.

            “Don’t get your in a twist, it was just because you called me princess” I hissed.

            “Say it again” he said softly.

            “What? Kai?’ I lifted an eyebrow.

            “You know, now that you’ve called me that… I think I might actually like it…” he smiled and walked closer.

            “Already getting to pet names Mimi?” he smirked as my face heated.

            “Yah! Cut it out!” I said while pushing him back as he laughed.

 

            “Let’s dance’ he said and played the music. As he neared me I slowly found myself getting nervous again and my body freezing up once more.

            “I can’t do it” I said trying to even my breathing.

            “Yes you can. Relax, just take deep breaths” he said softly as he took my hand in his.

 

            “All you have to do is trust me ok” he said.

 

            And that was exactly what I did. I trusted him. He led me onto the middle of the dance floor as the music played. My heart drummed in my chest but soon, I didn’t mind. He was gentle in his instructions and it wasn’t hard to learn. Before I knew it, I was already moving in time to the beat and dancing freely in front of him with no regrets. Normally, I would’ve already freaked out and hyperventilated, but he kept me calm and assured me that he knew what he was doing. All I had to do was trust him.

            “How was it?” I asked softly.

            “Amazing, of course, with an awesome teacher such as myself” he smirked.

            “Retard” I punched his arm and glared as he laughed.

           

            I got ready to leave when I saw the lights dim into something that created an almost romantic atmosphere. Then, a soft, somewhat jazzy beat began playing to enhance the mood as I stood and looked around and saw Jongin to one corner of the room. He walked over to me with a small smile and outstretched his hand. My heart went into panic once more. This was not good. As he neared me I found breathing difficult, as his presence suffocated me into a depth of nerve wrecking emotions.

            “Dance with me?” he asked.

            Just as the words left his mouth I felt as though everything around us went into slow motion. Time had stopped and the only thing I wanted to do right now was accept. I wanted to accept him just as he had tried to accept me but something kept me back. My insecurities kept me from jumping into his arms and asking him to be mine. I was doubtful and that was a problem. How could I be so selfish as to take him away, I’ll just hurt him.

            “I can’t—“ I began to make an excuse but he cut me off.

            “Don’t lie Jiyeon” he said sternly.

            “I… I’m not”  I shrugged it off.

            “Yes, you are, you’re trying to push me away because you’re afraid you can’t live up to the expectations of reality. Stop it!” he said grabbing on to my face as he pulled me into him.

            “Look at me. I’m human too. We are able to make mistakes. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Just live for the sake of tomorrow.” his voice softened.

            “Kai…” that name rolled off my tongue faster than his actual name.

            “You seem to like that name don’t you?” he asked with small smile tugging at the end of his lips.

            “It’s cute” I manage to say before clamping my lips together.

            “I-I mean..uh…”

            “I know what you mean. So dance with me” he said against my cheeks.

            “You’re such a jerk you know that?” I said with a defeated sigh.

            “So I’ve been told” he said and pulled me once more to the centre of the dance room.

 

            Jongin’s moves were beautiful—no, elegance was what it was. He was like a firefly, dancing happily in the night because it didn’t have to worry about being caught. He himself was freedom and joy. I longed to be like him, yet I felt like a caged bird, trapped in a darkness called reality. As we danced I felt as though my moves were nothing compared to his, I felt like a small ant in front of him, crushed by his perfection. But that didn’t last for long, soon, as my body grew lazily in trying to compete with him, he grabbed my hands and pulled us together, letting us dance together as one. He didn’t care how many times I stepped on his feet, as long as I was holding on to him with my dear life.

            My hands were grasped tightly in his and our bodies clashed onto one another so perfectly I felt my insides tumble and turn into something beautiful. The rush of adrenaline throughout our bodies was strong and I liked it. I liked how he held me in his arms. I liked how his touch made me feel all weird inside, I liked how he knew just what to say to make my toes curl… I like….him. That was it, it was all making sense now, he was the only person who disregarded everything about me just so that he could be with me… why didn’t I see it before? I like this arrogant jerkface.

            When we were finished, both of us sat on the floor, tired and sweaty. I swore I’d never felt so exhausted in my life. The dance had made me realise so many things, I almost couldn’t bear to look him directly in the eye without exploding on the inside. Stealing a few glances at him I noticed the way his sweat pooled in the small dips of his collar bone, trailing down his neck. Before I could continue I turned away and shook my head. Stop it Jiyeon.

            “See you tomorrow then?” I said standing up.

            “Going so soon?” he asked with a little frown I found adorable.

            “Don’t worry Kai, I’ll see you soon” I smiled at the nickname.

            “Bye Mimi” he smirked.

            “Retard” I glared as his laugh echoed throughout the room.

 

 

            When I got to the park I took a seat on the bench with a sigh. This time I wasn’t moping or sad. I almost felt happy and normal. Maybe things were starting to look up for me finally. I smiled and stretched almost forgetting about the rose; looking to my right I smiled and picked it up but slowly I began to think. I feel somewhat guilty, there’s someone out there, helping me in my times of distress but then.. there’s Jongin… urgh…

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Don’t be afraid to smile, when the time is right it’ll be your time to shine”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Smiling lightly, I placed the note in my pocket and sighed. Eeotteoke?