Parents and a… Date?

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 4 – Parents and a… Date?

 

 

 

            Jongin was practically stunned—no starstruck. Yes, that was exactly what he was, she was beautifully magnificent! How could someone make his knees weak and heart ache by simple blinking their eyes? That was exactly the impact she had on him… she was absolutely irresistible and Jongin was captivated. The more he looked at her, the faster his heartbeat sped up.

 

 

            Just as I spun in the middle of the song, I was about to fall because of my loss of balance when I felt myself clash into something soft yet firm. Slowly looking up I came face to face with the most beautiful man on the planet. No. please tell me he did not see me dancing! Oh god… I'm going to die. My face was as hot as fire and my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Jumping back I fell to the ground and hid myself.

            “No! Don’t look at me!” I whimpered and rocked back to forth. Oh god. What am I going to do? I feel like crying! Can’t I just die right now.

            “Jiyeon” the voice called and I flinched.

            “S-stop..!” I tried shouting but my voice was waiting to crack any minute.

            “Jiyeon, look at me” he said, his hands gently prying my arms away and holding them firmly so that he could look at me. I gulped and tried to look away but then he grabbed my chin and tilted my face towards him.

            “You’re beautiful, why wouldn’t I look at you?” he asked, holding my gaze as I burned under his touch.

            “Cut it out!” I tried pulling my hands away but he wouldn’t let me.

            “Stop, just relax” he said and pulled me into his broad chest for a hug.

            My head was spinning… why is he hugging me?! Am I crazy? Is he crazy? I need to stop thinking. Slowly I relaxed into his arms and let him hug me. His warmth was perfect. It made me forget all my worries… everything about my so-called best friend and my parents… school… everything…

            “Better?” he asked pulling apart but I suddenly pulled him closer.

            “I don’t want you to see my face” I mumbled.

            “Why?” he asked. I felt the vibration of his voice on my face.

            “It’s really red right now and I'm really embarrassed ok” I said softly. He chuckled.

            It was deep and soothing, like listening to jazz music on a cool evening while sipping a glass of red wine before taking the scenery.

            “What’s the use of telling me that then?” he asked.

            “You’re really conceited” I growled.

            “Me? No way!” he laughed. I smiled secretly but didn’t answer. We probably stayed like that for over an hour, because that’s what it felt like. Eternity. Finally I decided to pull away and fix my messy hair. Clearing my throat I turned to him.

            “This never happened” I said and stood, my cold, emotionless face re-appearing. He looked at me for a few seconds before laughing.

            “What’s so funny?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

            “Just now, you were so cute” he grinned. I felt my face heat once more.

            “I, Jung Jiyeon, am not cute, in no way whatsoever” I hissed and grabbed my things before leaving.

           

            As we exited the building, the rain was already pouring cats and dogs.. there’s no way I can make it home dry.

 

            “I’ll walk you home” he said next to me.

            “No thanks”

            “It’s late” he insisted.

 

 

            After a few minutes of arguing whether or not he’ll walk me home, we ended up walking together anyways. He had an umbrella but it didn’t help much and even if both of us wanted to stay dry, we’d have to walk extremely close to each other. No thank you. I think we had enough skin-ship for today. Sadly when we reached to my house my mother was furious but upon seeing my she quickly softened.

 

            “Oh, anneyonghasayeo” she bowed sweetly at him, her eyes twinkling. Great, she likes him. Who wouldn’t?

            “Anneyong! Kim Jongin-inmida.”

            “Ah, are you a friend of Jiyeon’s?” she asked. Mom, I'm standing right here.

            “He’s my dance instructor and he just walked me home because of the rain” I interluded.

            “Oh! You poor thing! You’re all soaked, come in, come in!” she insisted pulling him in and completely forgetting about me. Thanks mom. So thoughtful.

 

            After we got some clean and dry clothes mom asked him to stay over for dinner. He had changed into a new pair of clothes my mother had originally bought for my cousin. Surprisingly it looked absolutely fantastic on him… as though it was personally tailored for his body. We called Saera down and she was shocked to see him as I was when my mother invited him over for dinner and he accepted, then went over to inform his parents by phonecall.

 

            “Omo! Unnie you finally got a boyfriend!!” she squealed so loud I was sure the thunder was jealous of her volume.

            “Shut up! He’s not my boyfriend!” I hissed.

            “Not yet!” she winked.

            “Yah! Just study your books!” I poked her sides as I turned to see him snickering at me.

            “What are you laughing at?” I gowled.

            “Nothing…. Yeobo” he whispered the last part into my ear as I jumped from the shivers it sent down my spine and the heat in my cheeks didn’t help much.

            “Shut up” I glared.

 

 

            “So Jongin, what school do you go to?” my dad asked as we sat for dinner.

            “S.M College for Performing Arts Academy” he replied and I almost choked on my food. Bwoh? That’s a seriously prestigious school…

            “Whoa, impressive” dad nodded in approval. Oh great.

            “I’m on a scholarship actually” he included. Stop it you idiot! My parents are going to like you even more!

            “Oh, Jiyeonnie is graduating in a few months as well! Lets hope she gets into a decent college” my mom said.

            “Yeah, not the brightest apple” I joked. Not really, I meant it.

            “I do tutoring as well” he added. Yeah…. There went the rest of my life….

            “Oh! That’s great!” my dad gave mom a look and I knew exactly where this was going.

 

            After dinner we found ourselves in the livingroom. Mom was getting dessert and Saera helped but dad had to sleep early because of his flight in the morning.

 

            “It seems as though the rain isn’t letting up soon, would you like to stay over Jongin?” umma asked. No. no. no. I don’t believe this…

 

            But of course, nothing ever went my way and Jongin did in fact sleep over. Thankfully the next morning he left early. It was Saturday and I was bored… really bored… as I sat on the park bench I saw the red rose and picked it up, excited to read it’s message.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Everyone has an addiction, mine happens to be you”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Smiling at the note I stared at the rose as my thoughts ran wild. I thought of yesterday evening in the dance studio… when… I… hugged him… I swore I could’ve felt his arms around me, hugging me gently yet tight enough so that I could feel that I was safe in his arms.

 

            “Thinking about me?” came the sound of that familiarly annoying voice.

            I didn’t even have to turn to face him to know who it was.

            “What do you want?” I asked softly letting my finger rub the petals of the delicate rose.

            “Why so grumpy? Not happy to see me?” he asked and walked over to sit next to me as usual. Our meetings here were starting to become a little too frequent.

            “Should I be? You’re annoying me” I stated simply. He chuckled and reached out to grab the flower from my hand. Just like that I let it slip easily from my fingers as I glance up at him. The sunlight directed on his hair almost showing the slightest of brown even though his hair resembled that of pitch.

            “Still receiving flowers I see” he said inspecting the flower as though it was something poisonous.

            “Yah! Give it back!” I hissed and tried to reach out for it but he was faster and shifted his hand away causing me to literally leap onto him.

            “If you wanted to hug me all you had to do was ask” he smirked and I could hear his voice rasp against my ear.

            “Jerk” I spat, pulling away and glaring angrily.

            “Does this useless thing mean that much to you?” he asked and from the corner of my eye I saw him lift an eyebrow while staring directly at me.

            “It’s not useless and yes, it means a lot to me! What’s your problem?” I stated coldly while shooting him the most intense glare I could muster.

            He seemed a little shocked but then as he held my gaze I could feel his eyes soften into something that looked like hope. He kept silent, holding the flower in mid-air as our eyes carefully held its stare; neither of us moving and slowly oxygen was lacking and I just had to look away. As I calmed myself and shook the unwanted thoughts I saw the rose appear before me once more.

            “So you’re materialistic?” he smirked slightly.

            “No you retard, it’s the thought that counts” I scoffed and snatched the rose away from his grasp. He looked at me shortly before standing.

            “Would you like to go with me somewhere?” he asked.

            “What?” I asked giving him a weird expression.

            “Uh-um I-I mean…” and now his words were all shortened to nothing as he sputtered in trying to ask me the question… wait… is he…nervous?

            “Actually I was just—I mean I was going to this place and I- you seemed like you were bored so I thought—um…” he was now fidgeting nervously with his hands before rubbing the back of his neck. Goodness. That was the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen.

            “Are you asking me out?” I asked lifting an eyebrow trying not to laugh at his failure.

            “I.. um, would you call it that?” he asked looking away. Whoa. Where did that confident, cocky Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome go? Now it’s all Mr. Awkward. Haha. Cute—no, what am I saying?

            “Well, since I have nothing to do…” I cleared my throat and stood up. He looked at me shocked bore smiling softly and guiding me down the sidewalk to our destination.

 

            When we arrived at the said area I couldn’t help but notice his small gestures; like how he was careful I stood to the inside of the walkway, made sure I got onto the bus safely and had a seat while he stood throughout the entire journey even though I inwardly asked if he wanted to sit in which he answered with a cocky statement just so I could have the seat and be comfortable. He also indirectly asked if I wanted anything to eat or drink in the form of “Make sure you don’t faint on me and start attacking the people for their food ok.” I replied with a simple, “It’s coming out of your wallet then.”

            He didn’t seem to mind and I even saw him smile just the slightest. As we walked over to the entrance of the building I noticed the name.

 

                                    “Suju’s Day-care Centre”

 

Lifting an eyebrow at him I was about to ask him what were we doing here when someone walked out and greeted him.

            “Oh! Jongin! Finally! They were asking and ranting for you! Thank god you came!” he sighed in relief.

            “No problem hyung” he smiled at the man and then turned to me.

            “Hyung this is, Jiyeon. Jiyeon this is hyung” he introduced us. Really?

            “Nice to meet you hyung” I stressed spitefully. The older male laughed before correctly introducing himself.

            “I’m Leeteuk” he smiled and escorted us in.

           

            As he led us into a huge room especially designed for toddlers, a group of young children ran towards him and engulfed him to a fit of hugged and happy cheers. I looked on at them feeling a little odd and out of place. It wasn’t that I didn’t love children; I was just a little shy at first not knowing how to approaching them.

 

            “Kai appa! Sungjong bit me!” one of them whined.

            “No! Appa he’s lying! Hobabo is a liar!” another screamed.

            “Appa! Appa! Look at my drawing! It’s you and me and—“ before he could finish another bumped into him.

            “Yah! Woohyun don’t hog Kai appa all for yourself!”

            “Stupid Gyu I wasn’t hogging appa! You’re just mean and grumpy!” the latter screamed and pushed the boy causing him to fall on his and scream at him.

            “Ok, ok guys! Lets calm down. Sungjong, you know it’s not good to bite others, apologise to Hoya” Jongin finally spoke up and instructed the young boy.

            “Fine… Howon, mianhe” he said softly.

            “Good, now hug and make up” he smiled and the two did as told with a small smile.

            “Now, Woohyun, your drawing is beautiful but violence is not the key, help Sunggyu up” he then turned to the other two.

            “but—but” he was trying to speak but Jongin lifted a warning finger.

            “Sorry hyung” he said and helped the other.

            “Me too, I’m sorry about earlier” Sunggyu also apologised.

            “See, that’s better now isn’t it?” Jongin laughed as they nodded guiltily.

            “Come for a hug” he opened his arms as they rushed onto him like some sort of magnetic force.

           

            “Where’s Myungsoo, Dongwoo and Sungyeol?” Jongin asked as they parted from him.

            “Molla” they all said at the same time.

            “Those three—“ before he could finish they cut him off.

            “Appa! You got us an umma!” they screamed and quickly ran over to me. I stood there completely shocked and confused. This was awkward.

 

            “Umma what’s your name?” they asked and I hesitantly looked over at Jongin as they smiled at me expectantly. He nodded at me and I inhaled deeply before speaking.

            “J-Jiyeon” I said.

            “We’ll call you Mimi-umma!” one suggested as they all agreed. What?

            ‘Mimi umma and Kai appa! Yay! Our family is complete!” they exclaimed and pulled me with them.

            “Whoa!” I exclaimed.