Faux Amis & First Encounter

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 3 – Faux Amis & First Encounter

 

 

 

 

            “I don’t believe this” I scoffed below my breath as I folded my arms across my chest and looked away.

            He chuckled and walked over to rest his bag down and put in a CD to begin practicing.

            “Yeah well, you better” he smiled once more before giving everyone in the room orders to start some exercising practice before they actually began dancing.

            “You too princess” he nodded towards me.

            “What did you just call me?” I scoffed.

            “Princess, why? Should I not call you that?” he asked lifting an eyebrow.

            “Yes, I’d prefer you not. And there’s no way I’m actually going to dance” I said monotonously.

            He lifted an unimpressed eyebrow at me as I stared back with a fixed look on my face.

            “Then why did you sign up?” he asked.

            “I didn’t, my mother did” I chewed on the inside of my bottom lip as he inhaled and slowly let it out. His plump lips parting slightly as it formed into a small ‘o’ while he ran a tan hand through his messy hair.

            “Well, you’re dancing, whether you want to or not” he noted and pointed to one end of the room.

            “Follow them and start” he ordered. Ha. Please. As if I'm taking orders from you Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome, did I forget cocky and bossy?

            “Sure” I snorted but walked over. Instead of doing the exercises I simply leaned against the wall and watch them stretch their bodies in a very strained position and do the said positions. Shaking my head I mentally cursed myself. Why does this have to happen to me?

           

            It was almost 6 when the class was over and I was simply exhausted even though I hadn’t moved an inch. The only form of exercise I was doing was breathing exercises and the only dance I did was the seat dance: where I sat in one spot for a whole hour, even though the class is two hours long, but because Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome was late, an hour was all we got. Thankfully! Urgh! I could never survive 2 hours with his piercing stares and his voice like molten chocolate on a cool Sundae! Wae wae wae?!!? As everyone stood to leave I walked past him and to the door when I heard his voice.

            “Because today’s your first day, I’ll let you off the hook but next class you’ll have to pay the price if you continue this way” he said and I just ignored him before scattering off to a sweet and beautiful place I like to call home—yeah sure, who am I kidding? Home can come after. I’m going to take a rest at the park.

           

            Taking a seat on the wooden bench I glanced happily at the rose and smiled. Even though I'm late, he never forgets to leave a rose behind.. I wonder… how does he even know when I’ll be here? Maybe he’s a stalker… eh… but he hasn’t done anything outward except give me roses… shaking my head I unfolded the paper and read the contents.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No matter what I do, I always forget, to forget you”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

            Chuckling slightly I shook my head and closed my eyes for a few minutes… maybe I shouldn’t stay long, mom might worry. Getting up I grinned at the red flower and skipped down the walkway. At least he knows how to make me feel better.

 

 

 

            As he watched her retreating figure from across the road he smiled to himself. What was he doing? Deep inside, he longed for her. He wanted to comfort her on the days he saw her crying… the days when she looked like a complete mess, when he witnessed her best friend screaming atrocities at her, calling her names and evidently slapping her flat across her face, stain her cheeks with that red flame. How it angered him and drove him nuts. Thankfully his friends held him back from interrupting the scene, reminding him that she had no idea who he was… all she knew was that she had a secret admirer and if he were to suddenly appear, he’d just ruin all chances of being with her.

            It was a horrible memory, but he’d never forget how she’d so silently captured his aching heart. No doubt he had been in love with his girlfriend, but what did she do? The same thing all girls do to the good guys. Leave them and cry over the bad ones. His girlfriend had ruined his life yes and he was in a complete mess but one day, as he wandered the streets, hopelessly beaten from a fight, brought on my his ex and her ‘bad-boy-boyfriend’ he stumbled on the grass slowly unable to catch his breath. His hair was long and drawn over his face, shielding him from the light, but then… to him, an angel appeared.

            Softly wiping the blood from his face and helping him up as he staggered to the bench hopeless and lost, she smiled at him.

            “Are you ok sir?” she asked titling her head. He immediately looked away and nodded quickly.

            They spent the rest of the time in silence, just silently looking at the sun set. She said nothing to him and he could’ve barely spoken. It wasn’t an awkward silence but it was quite comforting.

            The next few days he strolled over to the park to see if she was there and he was right, she was. Sitting on the bench looking off into the distance, except this time she wasn’t smiling. Her expression was colder than the water of the river in the morning. She looked so aggravating and intimidating it almost confused him. Was she the same person? He wanted to walk over and talk to her but he was a coward. Instead, he just admired her from afar.

            “Leave her a secret message” one of his friends, Luhan said as they sat in the café directly opposite the park, where he got the perfect vision of her.

            “How? Isn’t that creepy?” he asked looking at Luhan.

            “No my dark skinned friend, it’s romantic and get a haircut, you look like The Shaggy Dog” Luhan laughed messing up the hair of his dongsaeng.

            “Yah! Hyung!” he whined.

            And so the writing of the notes and leaving of the rose was born. Surely enough it satisfied him when he saw her giggle or laugh whenever she read his corny quotes.

            “Aish! Since when was I so corny?” he grumbled but soon laughed it off.

            That one girl he’s literally been in love with for a almost three years and never has he an regrets. She was, to him the most perfect person, an imperfect person could be and he wanted her to know that—wrong, he wanted to show her that she was loved! She was wanted! And she was guilty for stealing his heart. His delicate heart, she won over with her simple act of kindness. He was only doing her a favour in return, all he wants is heer undivided attention and affection.

 

 

 

            I woke up to the sound of my mother laughing downstairs and I knew the tone in her voice. She wasn’t laughing because she was happy, no. she was angry and I’m going to be in trouble! . Did he rat on me for not participating??? I'm a dead duck! Crap! I cautiously opened the door and hurried down with light steps. When she saw me she pointed to the couch and I sat obediently. I’m dead alright.

            “Jiyeon” my mother spoke as she sat opposite me.

            “Yes?” I answer, my stomach churning in nervousness!

            “Yah! How could you forget to tell us about Saeli’s birthday?” she bellowed. Oh whew~! Thank god! Its just that.

            “It slipped my mind” I answered with a nervous chuckle.

            “Tsk, we have to get her a gift and try getting a calendar to keep your dates organised” she nagged. Yes mother. I sighed and entered my room, quickly changing into some  chothes before hurrying out.

            “I’m going out for a short while umma” I said and left.

 

 

            The park was empty as I sat on the bench and breathed slowly. She asked, how could I forget Saeli’s birthday? Why didn’t she ask, how could Saeli betray me like that? Why don’t they open their eyes to see how hurt their daughter is? No… everyone loves Saeli… she’s the perfect daughter and me? I'm the unwanted outsider. No one cares how I feel! No one!

            I felt my eyes burn with the plea to cry but I stopped myself and rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision. No. I'm not going to cry. I'm pathetic but I'm not that pathetic… sighing I looked around and inhaled deeply. I'm such a loser… oh god.

 

            ‘Funny, I thought I’d see you here” a voice spoke causing me to jump. Recognising the voice I groaned internally and face palmed. No. I can’t deal with Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome right now!

            “What do you want?” I asked, annoyance clear in my voice.

            “To talk” he replied.

            Great.

            “About what?” I asked as he took a seat next to me.

            “You” he smiled and I turned to shoot him a glare.

            “No” I hissed.

            “Why? Afraid I know too much already?” he chortled. Scoffing I rolled my eyes.

            “You’re lucky your face makes up for your attitude” I muttered.

            “My face?” he asked lifting his eyebrow. Oh .

            “Nothing” I shook my head.

            “So you find me attractive?” he asked lifting an eyebrow.

            “I never said that” I answered a little too quickly.

            “But you were thinking it?” he pressed.

            “No”

            “So you don’t find me attractive?”

            “No”

            “No?”

            “No”

            “Yes no?”

            “Yes no”

            “So it’s a yes”

            “No! cut it out!” I grumbled.

            “Fine. But why the long face?” he asked looking at me.

            I lifted an eyebrow and cleared my throat, it was as though I suddenly forgot everything around him. WHY?

            “Why do you care?”

            “Is it wrong to care?”

            “No… but I'm not important…. To you”

            “Why do you say that? Maybe you can become important to me” he said with a small smile.

            “Excuse me?” I asked completely taken aback from his sudden proposal.

            “Don’t you want to know me? I want to know you” he said and stood.

            I was completely speechless. What? What? What? What just happened?? Did he say what I thought he said? Oh my god! I'm losing it! No…. that was just to tick me off wasn’t it!! I looked up ready to scold him when he stared directly into my eyes and my words melted, along with the rest of my body. I was sure this time my face was probably the colour of tomatoes. How was he able to make my heart race by simply looking into my eyes. I avoided his gaze and cleared my throat.  Stop it Jiyeon… you don’t even know him…. Should I know him… do I want to know him…?

            “Don’t be late for dance or else I really will punish you” he said with a short wave before leaving.

            Naturally I should be happy he left… right? I should be ecstatic… but no, something inside my chest felt as though it dropped and crashed and if it was silent enough I was able to hear the sound of loneliness echo around me… yes, I almost felt lonely without his presence. I'm delusional.

 

 

 

            Weeks have gone by yet I felt years passed. Dance class had gotten worst for me. Not only do I have to put up with the boredom of sitting at the back of the class and watching people dance, but cleaning the entire room afterwards was not an easy job. Especially with those angered fangirls of his. Like seriously, half of the girls in the class only joined because of him. Ew. But seriously, they all send me menacing glares and bad talk me because I get ‘special’ treatment. Look es, if you want to clean up after class then you are most welcome to do so. Pssh. It seemed as though my reason for entering that class was to be a clean-up lady.

            The only thing I can say about the class is that I’ve grown to love music even more than I did last time and my body was aching to move. I want to dance so badly! So badly it hurts… but there’s no way I can dance in front of so many people.. no.. I could never dance in front anyone ever again… there’s no possible way.

            “Class is dismissed” came his deep flowing voice as everyone packed up to leave.

            When I was sure everyone was gone I scurried over to the player. I'm going to regret this… but I really want to.

 

 

 

 

            Just as Kai stood at the bus stop, feeling for his phone he realised it was probably still at the studio. Muttering a few curses below his breath he his heels and hurried back. It was really dark and the clouds looks pregnant. Running as fast as he could he made his way over to the huge building. Upon nearing the studio he heard loud sounds… music! There was music playing in the room… but no one was there except…. That’s when he saw her…

            She was… dancing….