Trouble

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 6 – Trouble

 

 

 

            “Y-Yah! Are you teasing me again?” I asked looking at him but his eyes were completely serious.

            “No, I really like you” he said once more.

            “Wait what?” I asked.

            “You don’t have to worry about replying now, I just wanted you to know” he said with a soft smile.

            “But… why?” I asked.

            He smiled and let go of me.

            “You’ll figure it out, you’re smart” he grinned before walking away. What?

 

            I walked about aimlessly. What just happened? Oh no… please don’t tell me he just confessed to me… yep, that’s exactly what happened! Oh god Jiyeon… what do I do!? Do I like him? No? yes? Maybe? As I walked about I didn’t notice the person walking towards me and I bumped into them, in the process causing their drink to spill over both of us.

            “Oh my goodness, I’m so—“ when I looked up I felt my mouth dry as our eyes made contact.

            “Oh, Jiyeon-ah” she greeted with that fake sweet voice. I gave her a short nod.

            “Saeli” I said trying not to sound cold but my facial expression said otherwise.

            “What are you doing here?” she asked trying to play coy. Really now? If I wasn’t civilised I’d have just walked off. She was so disappointing I didn’t even want to look at her or even mention her name. sadly I did both with much pain. Bring myself to smile I tired really hard but I'm sure I probably just looked constipated. Clearing my throat I awkwardly fixed my hands in my pocket.

            “It’s a free country isn’t it?” I meant it as a joke but it came out a little more serious than I expected.

            “I guess, so you here alone?” she asked looking around. My mind crossed over to Jongin but as I opened my mouth to say something someone walked over to us.

            “Here, they didn’t have bubble gum flavour” he said handing her some cotton candy. I eyed them carefully. He was tall and looked slightly lanky with a really big smile.

            “Jiyeon this is Minhyun, my boyfriend” she said introducing us.

            “Minhyun this is Jiyeon my ex-best friend” she said, putting the words straight forwardly.

            “Oh… hello” he bowed and I gave him a short nod. He looked slightly taken aback from her sudden confession as I just kept my face stone cold.

            “I’m going to get our seats kay?” he said before planting a soft peck on her foehead. He looked too sweet; she didn’t deserve him. I hope he doesn’t get heart-broken.

            “How long have you been dating?” I asked.

            “About few weeks now. But don’t worry too much about it, I know you won’t understand” she said the last bit with a dark smile.

            I kept quiet, trying to not let it get to my head. Here my so called best friend was, blatantly insulting me but all I was able to do was listen. It’s really pathetic. Everything that happened today; whatever little bit of happiness I was able to have, vanished in one go. Inhaling deeply, I calmed myself and looked away.

            “Funny, don’t tell me you still haven’t gotten over that?” she smirked while lifting an eyebrow at me.

            “What are you talking about?” I asked keeping a straight face.

            “Tch, you know, I should feel sorry for you, such a disgrace to the world. I can barely imagine how people stand you” she scoffed.

            “Says the one who couldn’t even go to the washroom by herself” I grunted in anger.

            “Oh please, that was all a game. Everything was perfect, I crushed you and I know you deserve it. Don’t pretend Jiyeon, just leave and never come back. Nobody wants you. Nobody needs you” she ended with a sickening smile.

            “Well, I’ll be going now” she waved and left.

 

            I felt like crawling into a hole and dying. She was harsh but in some way or the other, she was right. I was unneeded and unwanted. Chewing on my lip I turned and proceeded to walk away when I crashed into someone.

            “S-sorry” I stepped back and looked up as I apologised to see Jongin standing there. He stared at me and I immediately tensed. Did he hear everything? Great… he’s going to leave as well isn’t he? That’s what they all do. Pretend to stick with me but when I land in trouble they all turned their backs on me.

            “How much did you hear?” I asked.

            “Everything” he said. His expression was unreadable and I looked away.

            “You can leave if you want” I said trying hard not to breakdown. My eyes didn’t meet his at all but I could feel his stare on me. Slowly I felt him lift my chin up to face him as he drew me nearer.

            “I don’t want to” he said softly. I breathed slowly.

            “B-but….” I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off quickly.

            “What? Did you think I’d leave because of something so trivial?” he asked and I stepped back, feeling slightly foolish but yet I hide it well.

            “Everyone else did…” I chuckled bitterly.

            “Jiyeon” he called my name and I looked at him.

            “I’m not ‘everyone else’ ok?” he said and gave me a small reassuring smile. Biting my lower lip I cleared my throat before looked up at him.

            “C-can I hug you?” I asked but soon regretted it when he didn’t answer and just stared at me.

            “Never mind” I mumbled.

            “No no… It’s just—why the sudden question?” he asked a little speechless.

            “You said if I wanted to hug you to just ask” I looked up as I explained.

            Slowly the ends of his lips curved upwards as he let out something like a deep chuckle and pulled me into his chest. Carefully wrapping his arms around me, he held me tightly as my head rested on his chest. I didn’t care at the moment and before I knew it my eyes had begun leaking and I was silently sobbing into his chest as he cradled me warmly, running his large hands over my head as I listened to the sound of his heartbeat. It felt like déjà vu, like the time he comforted me in the dance room. I almost like the feeling it gave, silent chills creeping down my spine and his touch sent all the hairs on my body in a rage. My thoughts on him didn’t last long, when everything Saeli had said and done came back into my head and tortured me. Squeezing my eyes shut I just let everything go. There was something about him that made me forget myself and I didn’t quite understand it.

            Pulling away I wiped my face messily and bent my head, now completely embarrassed of the situation. He, on the other hand, didn’t seem to mind as he pulled out a handkerchief and helped wipe my face. I felt like I was 3 again and my mom was wiping me up after I cried from not getting what I wanted. Slowly I looked up at him and sighed.

            “Can we go now?” I asked softly. He smiled and then pointed.

            “No Ferris Wheel?” he asked pointing to the huge wheel thing. My eyes rounded and I immediately protested.

            “No way!’ I shouted as he laughed quietly and escorted me out.

 

 

            As we walked down the path to my house, we passed the usual park and I immediately remembered the rose. Gasping loudly he turned to look at me confused. I cleared my throat while trying not to make it obvious but he had already seen.

            “What is it?” he asked.

            “Er… nothing… lets go” I said and walked further. What did I do with the rose? Crap! Checking my pocket I was relieved to find the note still there as I sighed in relief.

           

            “Don’t be late for practice tomorrow” he said as we reached my house.

            ‘Sure sure, it’s not like I'm going to dance or anything” I scoffed.

            “We’ll see” he smiled.

            “Yah, I’m serious!” I said with a warning glare as he just laughed and saw me in before leaving himself.

 

 

            As I lay on the bed, I thought today’s events over with a small smile creeping up on my face. What was I doing? Jongin said he liked me…? No… that didn’t happen—did it? Aish! So confusing! Do I like him? He’s so… different. I don’t know much about relationships but I do know that every boy I had known, were all weirdos and creepy, not to mention ugly and disturbing! Ew! But Jongin was different, he wasn’t ugly… oh trust me, he was most certainly not, and he wasn’t that weird. Still a bit creepy but not as weird as I thought. But why would he like someone like me? You know what, I’ll think about this in the morning. So tired!