Strange Feelings

Beautiful Stranger Into My World

Chapter 5 – Strange Feelings

 

 

 

            I sat on one of the tiny wooden benches with a short sigh of relief. I was exhausted, these youngsters really had all the energy in the world. Seriously, what did they eat? My feet were aching and my arms hurt from all the pulling and tugging. Jongin, who sat across from me stifled a laughed before kneeling over to accompany me in my distress as they huddled around him.

            “Kai appa, Mimi umma is really pretty and her cheeks are so soft!” Dongwoo began before reaching out to poke my cheeks. I just sat there eyeing his small fingers as he grabbed on to my cheeks.

            “Neh, appa has good taste doesn’t he?” Jongin grinned earning a punch from me in return.

            “Ow!’ he groaned slightly before Leeteuk returned to tell them that it was time for their nap.

 

            “Hyung I think we’ll leave now” Jongin said standing up and tagging me along with him.

            “Okay, thanks for coming Jiyeon-ssi, the kids seem to love you” he smiled and waved us goodbye. No doubt about that.

 

            “So how was it?” he asked as we made our way to the bus stop.

            “Tiring! How do you manage?” I ask stifling a yawn.

            “You’re tired already? That’s no good, you won’t be very effective in bed” he snickered and avoided my fists as I charged towards him.

            “Bwoh? What did you just say? Get back here Kim Jongin!” I screeched chasing him down the sideway trying not to bump into anyone as he skipped away happily.

Unfortunately for me I just had to be the clumsy I was and knock down a basket filled with goods. Dammit! That Kim Jongin is going to definitely pay for this. Urgh! Look what he made me do! Babo! Grunting I fixed everything back into place and bowed at the ahjumma apologising numerously before walking ahead and trying to look for him. Just perfect! Where did he disappear to now? Aish! Chincha!

“Boo!”

“OH my god my poor heart!” I shrieked in fright and turned to see him laughing at me.

“Hahaha! Your face is priceless!” he grinned. I lifted my hand to hit him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled us together, so close, I could feel his breath against my nose. Oh no. why does my heart make these weird noises and why do I suddenly feel light headed. My heart drummed in my chest as he kept me tangled in this position, my hand in the air and his other arm around my waist. Just perfect for the middle of the street where everyone could stare at us. Oh no… I hate this feeling.

“J-Jongin what are you doing?” I asked, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

“Hmm… tango!” he grinned and pulled me with him down the walkway as though we were really dancing to tango. Oh the embarrassment!

“YAH! Cut it out! People are staring!” I groaned and bent my head but that didn’t do much.

“Well let them stare” he smiled before pulling me over to the nearest bench.

 

“Wasn’t that fun?” he asked stretching as we took our seats.

“No. fun my foot! How is tangoing down the walkway like a pair of retards fun?” I hissed.

He tilted his head and stared at me for a few minutes before shifting closer to me. I scooted away but he kept coming closer and closer. When I reached the end of the bench I turned to give him a fixed glare.

“What?” I asked.

“Have you ever had fun before? He asked.

“…no” I mumbled and looked away.

“Well, it’s never too late to start!” he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

“Where are we going!?” I asked letting him pull me with him even though I was as tired as hell.

“You’ll see!” he smirked before allowing me on the bus.

This time we both got seats even though they were separate, I sat to the back while he was one seat in front me on the opposite side. The area next to me suddenly felt extremely cold and lonely. Why? It couldn’t be because I missed his presence… could it? No way! That’s not it… I looked at him as he stared off into nothingness. My heart clenched in my chest and suddenly I felt as though the world was enclosing between us, It felt like just he and I in the bus. WAIT—what am I thinking?! Not about that arrogant jerk… actually he’s not much of a jerk, he even helped me a lot and he… comforted me, why should I hate him?

I'm not one of the nicest persons in the world but I do have a conscience and now I feel guilty. Ok Jiyeon, let’s try being nice to Mr. Arrogant! I wonder how far that’ll get. Chewing on my lip I felt a slight happiness inside me… I should feel special right, someone is taking note of me, I have no idea why but this handsome devil is taking me somewhere to have fun… that’s weird… his act of trying to make me feel better reminds me of the roses I receive. Hmm…

“Ready?” he asked as the bus came to a stop. I nodded and followed him out.

 

“You brought me to a carnival?” I asked lifting an eyebrow.

“Cliché isn’t it?” he laughed.

“I only read these kinds of things in stories or watch them in dramas” I admitted.

“What do you read about?” he asked.

“Well, most of the time the girl and the boy are forced to go to the carnival and they play a lot of games and whatnot and towards the end they go on that big wheel thing and it gets stuck when they reach the top and they would have a long meaningful conversation where they directly or indirectly admit their feelings for each other and then do that thing” I cleared my throat and looked away. Jongin was listening carefully but suddenly stood confused.

“What thing?” he asked lifting an eyebrow. I felt my cheeks get slightly red and I waved my hands.

“Nothing, nothing. So what do we do now?” I asked trying to avoid the topic.

“Um, well how about we not do the things in the stories and just have fun ok” he smiled before pulling me over to a game.

“Bet you can’t beat me” he smirked as I looked at it. It was a shooting game and involved practical moves. B.tch please, you obviously don’t know who you’re dealing with.

“Challenge accepted” I smirked and allowed him to go first. He gladly agreed and the lady gave him the play-gun as he aimed.

 

First try:           Fail

Second try:      Fail

Third try:         Fail

 

            I held in a grin as his face went from cocky to crushed. His mouth hung open slightly and his eyes were wider than saucers. Smirking I grinned and gently pushed him aside.

            “Now I’ll show you how it’s really done” I said with a confident smile.

 

            First try:           Success

            Second try:      Success

            Third try:         Success

 

            I could officially say he was crushed and his ego just deflated like a balloon. Hohoho! Take that Kim Jongin! Coughing innocently I turned to find him covering his face with his palms in embarrassment as the lady asked me to claim my prize. I grinned before looking at him and choosing a small chocolate coloured cat.

 

            “For you” I said with a small smile. He looked taken aback as he carefully took the plushie away from me.

            “You know… this is extremely embarrassing, and my pride is totally crushed” he said.

            “That’s good” I said.

            “Why?” he asked with a small pout.

            “At least now I know you’re human” I laughed a little.

            “I’m what?” he asked confused.

            “You know… because you’re so perfect. You’re on a scholarship, you can dance, you have awesome hair, you’re hot, tall, my parents love you…. It almost made me wonder if you could do everything?” I said slowly taking in what I just said and cupping my mouth.

            “Did you just say I’m hot?” he asked with a small smile. Dammit.

            “Hey look! Race cars!” I shouted and hurried over before he could interrogate me. Oh god… why does my mouth have a mind of its own?

 

            “You ready?” I smirked as we got in.

            “Bring it Jung” he laughed evilly.

            “You asked for it Kim!” I smirked just before we took off.

 

            “And I still won!” I cheered and waved about.

            “Did I just loose to a girl twice in a row?” he asked before stooping into depression.

            “Aw, don’t feel bad, I’ll go easy on you next time” I laughed before trotting over to claim my prize.

 

 

            By the time we were finished with the games Jongin was in a seriously depressing mood because I won every single game. Hm, maybe luck was just on my side. I tried to cheer him up but he would just brush it off cooly but plaster that famous pout once more and follow me like a lost puppy, holding all the plushies and whatnot. We didn’t go on any rides besides the usual rollercoaster and certainly not the huge wheel thing because of the stories I’ve read about it. Oh… no way jose!

 

            “I’m sorry I'm so awesome at these things ok” I said with a stifled laugh. He glared at me before scooting over and pulling me closer.

            Almost immediately my body responded to him by heating up and my heart going into a frenzy. Panic attack!

            “That's ok, because I won the most valuable prize of all” he said softly, so close my lips.

            “What?” I asked with a gulp.

            “Your smile” he said.

            We stared into each other’s eyes for a few minutes before he burst out into a fit of giggles. What the—

            “Yah! Kim Jongin, are you teasing me?!?!” I hissed and began slapping him all over.

            “Hahha—ok, ok! Hah—I’ll stop! Haha” he said trying to get away from me.

 

            Shaking my head I inhaled deeply as we waited on our orders. Today wasn’t so bad and Jongin was surprisingly fun… I don’t think I’ve ever smiled so much in my life… oh god… what has he done to me!?

 

“Your smile” he said.

 

            His voice rang through my ears and I immediately snapped out of it. No… it can’t be. Why am I feeling this way? Do I like him? No no no—but how can I hate him? Aish! So confusing!

 

            “So, did you enjoy yourself today?”  he asked and I snapped my head up to look at him.

            “Yeah, it was nice” I said nodding slowly.

            “Good because I can’t bear so much embarrassment next time” he sighed in relief.

            “Next time?” I asked lifting an eyebrow.

            “When I take you on an official date” he winked.

            “Tch, yah, why are you so jerky?” I asked glaring at him.

            “What? I did nothing wrong” he defended.

            “Don’t play with my feelings” I warned and he captured my gaze for a short while before inching towards me.

            Slowly lifting his hand to my face, he parted my hair behind my ear and stared directly into my eyes.

            “I promise you I would never do such a thing” he said loud enough for only both of us to hear. And my heart did it again. I will get a heart attack by the time I reach home.

 

            After we ate, we decided to just relax on one of the nearby benches as the sun disappeared and it soon grew dark. I looked over at Jongin before speaking.

            “Why do they call you Kai though?” I asked. Hu chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

            “When they were younger, they couldn’t pronounce Jongin so they called me Kai” he answered.

            “Oh… cute” I mumbled.

            “What was that?” he asked.

            “Nothing” I answered a little too quickly.

            “I thought I heard you say ‘cute’?” he asked with a smug smile.

            “Then why did you ask?” I glared.

            “To confirm it” he smirked.

            “If you weren’t so cocky I might actually like you” I said with a scowl and stood to leave when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

            “But I like you”