Mom's mystery man.

Steps? I don't think so.....

 

You're pov~

 

It was another average day, but after awhile, my mom became suddenly oddly suspicious....Sneaking out in the middle of a Friday night and not coming home till Saturday afternoon. Something was up....

 

She was hiding something from me, and I needed to know what it was. She was either one of two options: she's dating someone, or she's doing drugs....I hope it's option number one cause option number two equals and orphanage....

 

“Mom,” it was Thursday night when I decided to ask the big question. “Are you dating someone?”

 

“I was hoping you wouldn't find out until I told you...but yes, I am dating a very nice man.”

 

I let out a sigh of releaf. “THANK GOODNESS! I thought you were joining some drug ban or something.”

 

She began to laugh histarically as if it was some new joke. “I bet you got that personality from your father, it surely didn't come from me.”

 

I smiled. It was nice to see mom enjoying herself for a change, but it was only a matter of time before she got her heart set on the guy.

 

She has issues meeting new people after dad died, and she swore that she would never find another man like him. I wonder how much like dad he is. Hopefully he won't call me “darling” or “princess,” being called those names will set me off.

 

“So, have you ever mentioned me to this secret man?”

 

“Actually, I haven't mentioned you once.”

 

“What do you mean 'I haven't mention you once?' You have to have at some point or another.”

 

“No, I haven't really spoke about you very much. I read that it starts the relationship to an awkward state that leads to break ups.”

 

I mentally face palmed myself. Aish this woman. What will he do when he finds out that she has a seventeen year old daughter? Leave her? I would pound the 's if he did that to her.

 

“Mom, when do you think I'll be able to meet him?”

 

“Tomorrow night at dinner. He said he wanted me to meet two specially people in his life. It either means he's crazy about his pets or he's got children! So, I thought we could have dinner together, and I could have him meet you.”

 

“Okay, mom”