A short story Camping part 3.5

Steps? I don't think so.....

 

Youngmin's Pov~

I felt something warm against my lips. I opened my eyes and coughed out some water. I looked around to find myself on land with Gray by my side. She was dripping wet, and she was breathing heavily.

Are you okay?” she asked. She was shaking as well.

I'm fine. What about you?”

Peachy. Nothing like someone you care about dying right before your very eyes to get your heart pumping, huh?”

I smiled. She saved me.

Thanks.”

I laid there for a minute before pulling _____ onto my chest and began to slow down my breathing. She laid there for a few minutes before sitting up.

Mom and your dad are over there, we should get you to a doctor,” she states.

I'm breathing right?”

Yeah, but-”

I quickly cut her off by pulling her onto my chest.

Will you tell me a story please?” I ask cutely.

She sits there for a minute before starting on the first lines of her story....

Once upon a time....”

Normal Pov~

You started the story off with “Once upon a time...”

There was a man who had a daughter. He didn't know he had a daughter till three years after she was born, and when they started out, they weren't very close, but as time went on, they turned into best friends.”

You listened to Youngmin's breathing.

When the girl turned eight years old, her dad took her out fishing. They spent the whole day out there, but by the time it was time to go in, all they caught was a old, size eight, smelly, muddy boot. When they got to their cabin, the wife asked, 'Where's all the fish?' and the dad said, “We were lucky to catch this boot.”

You looked up at Youngmin who had his eyes closed.

And one day, the dad got into an accident, and he died exactly four months later.”

That's a sad story,” he whisper. He began to comb his fingers through your hair. “Now I see why you told dad that little saying. I didn't know it was your dad's.”

No one does except mom and I. We were so happy then, and then one day all of that just vanished. But then she met your dad. She hasn't smiled like that in years.”

Youngmin smiled before he closed his eyes once more. “I'm going to take a nap.”

You closed your eyes as well, listening to the beat of Youngmin's heart.

Did you think I was going to kill him? -aoter97