Old Friend Part II: Memories

Steps? I don't think so.....

 

6 Years earlier.....

Normal POV~


 

It was the day of the accident. You were pulled away from school and was sitting on the outside of the room where your father was laying. It was the first day of school.


 

There was nurses and doctors walking past you every few minutes, but none told you anything about your father's condition. Patients walked along side a nurse or was pushed by one.


 

You sat on the bench silently staring at your backpack. There was a whole load of new school supplies from your mother's shopping spree the month before. However, you pulled out a sketch book your grandma got you for your last birthday.


 

You drew a happy stick person family.


 

“You draw terribly,” a voice over your shoulder said. You nearly fell off the seat.


 

You looked up to see a kid about your age look over your shoulder. He wore a light green gown with little brown teddy bears printed all over it. The gown looked as though it wasn't finished because the back of the gown wasn't one solid thing, it was split down the middle and tied at the neck.


 

“I'm not as good as grandma yet, but some day I will be,” you state. “I just got this for my birthday a few weeks ago.”


 

He leaned against the solid brick wall and smiled, “So, what are you in for?”


 

“Excuse me?”


 

“Why are you here?” he asked angrily.


 

“My-my appa got into an accident, and they haven't told us whether he'll be alright,” you said in a sad tone.


 

He frowned and patted your back. “He'll be alright,” he comforts you.


 

“Thanks.”


 

You glance at him. His dark brown eyes stared at the ground. His hair reached his shoulders and was messy. “What are you in for?”

“What?”


 

“Why are you here?”


 

“I'm,” he took a second, “I'm very sick. It's so bad that I have to live here now.”


 

“Oh, I'm sorry.”


 

“Don't say that. I hate when people say that. It makes me feel.....weak.”


 

You smiled. “What's your name?”

 

“Yonjae. What's your's?”

 

“______.”

 

POOF MONTHS LATER

You had nearly cried all your tears out on Yonjae's shoulder. He comforted you. His voice sang a sweet song his mom used to sing to him. His finger combed through your hair lightly as stared at your tears drip down your cheeks.

 

Your red cheeks, eyes all puffy, and your voice letting out soft cries.


 

However, after crying for three hours straight, you fell asleep at his bed side.


 

When you woke up, he was gone. A note sat on the pillow of his bed.


 

Dear_____,

I'm going away for a little while now, but I'll try to be back someday. I promise. I will get better and see you. Keep on drawing. I want to see your art work displayed the next time I see you.

-Yonjae.


 

First: depressing days rolled in. Then it turned into months, and soon after that, years. Which led you to to the new high school and town that you currently live in now.

(Present day)
 

The one person you haven't seen in about 6 years was standing in the doorway of your hospital room.


 

“Who's the patient now?” he said smiling.


 

You ran up to him and gave him a large bear hug; he swung around by the waist and laughed uncontrollably. You had your best friend back after so long.

This was long! -aoter97