Ch: 06 The Porsche and The Rose

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

Thank you lemonswirls and Angela again for the poster!!!!!


“Aaaah… that was fun!” said Seohyun spinning in circles as the friends walked down the steps of the library. Victoria quickly lifted her camera and snapped a picture of her best friend. Yonghwa subconsciously smiled, strolling along with one hand in his pocket and the other holding onto Sunwoo. Minhyuk laughed along with Seohyun.

“Yah, don’t fall! You’re going to fall if you spin too fast.” Said Yonghwa reaching out to grab the back of her coat when Seohyun stumbled.

“Yonghwa-ssi, take responsibility for kidnapping me…. How am I supposed to get home now?” asked Seohyun. ‘It’s dangerous if both I and Sunwoo ride on your bike.”

“I’ll take you!” offered Minhyuk who was checking his phone.

 “Never mind.” He sighed, “I don’t think I can. Something came up.”

“We’ll carpool like we used to Seohyun!” said Victoria. “No guys, just us!”  

 

In the car

Seohyun checked the time.

“Toria-ah… let’s go somewhere. Don’t take me home.”  

Victoria just smiled understandingly and nodded, keeping her eyes on the road.

“Sure, I want to go to that old place and take pics. That okay with you?”

“Yeah, that sounds great.”

She reached over and turned the stereo on.

“Hey it’s SNSD!”

“Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby, baby~”

“Pffftt… don’t take your hands off the wheel!!! KYaaaaa!”

“Hahahaha”

They pulled into the parking lot. The floor was entirely dirt and pebbles. It was their special place. Seohyun and Victoria both got out of the car, Victoria with her camera in hand and Seohyun with a refreshed smile on her face.

“Aaaaah… it feels so good to be here again.” Sighed Seohyun.

“Yeah. I haven’t been here in awhile either.” Smiled Victoria. The two girls continued down the path in silence, interrupted with clicks from the camera, remembering all the memories they shared with each other and the park. The pond in the center was still as clear as ever and the trees more plentiful than before, even though it was pretty wild and no one took care of it. It was evidence, that Mother Nature was the best gardener and landscape artist of all.

“Hehe…You cried about Asian-failing your first test here!” giggled Victoria, pointing at a weeping willow. “It was only a B.”

“Shut up.” Seohyun blushed. “Remember when you fell in love… with photography? And you wept like there was no tomorrow when your first camera broke?”

“Ok. Ok. Point taken.” They crossed the road, into another section of the park. The moon hung a perfect, slim crescent in the night sky. Suddenly the moon’s soft glow was violently eclipsed by the brilliant light of a pair of head lights.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaa!” screamed Victoria. Seohyun had completely frozen in shock. The car, black as midnight skidded to a halt inches away from Seohyun. A couple other cars veered around the car standing still and zoomed off into the horizon. A mocking beep was heard.

(AN: Too early to kill her dontcha think?)

  “Watch for cars when you cross the road.” A figure emerged from the black Porsche (AN: I just picked a random sports car).

“J-Junghyun-ssi… “stammered Seohyun, staring, still in shock at Junghyun, who looked slightly pissed-off.

“Just get in.” He said, emotionlessly. “You too.” He said pointing at Victoria. Wordlessly, they complied. The moment they were in the car sped off again.

Despite the time that was lost, they soon saw the back of the cars that had passed them. A yellow and blue Lamborghini was in the lead while a stoplight red Ferrari and a pure white Jaguar were close to tying for second.

Jonghyun gritted his teeth and eased down even further on the accelerator, gaining on the red Ferrari, the muscles in his jaw obviously tense. He cut the Ferrari off at a turn and forced it to take the wider path. Dropping behind, the Ferrari driver looked furious. He shook his hair which faded from dark brown at the crown to a blonde fringe (AN: Guess who~~?) in frustration but they were already in a narrow alleyway and it would be impossible for him to recover without damaging his car.     

Jonghyun was now close on the tail of the snow white Jaguar who made no move to pass the Lamborghini leading what Seohyun and Victoria had finally registered in their terrified brains was a race. Blinking Victoria took out her camera again, not wanting to miss the photo opportunities.

They had now turned out of the alleyway and Junhyung ruthless bumped the Jaguar over and over with his metal fender, throwing the driver off balance. Without much of a fight, the Jaguar gave up but his driver was not happy. The muscles in the long-haired boys thin arms stood out as he gripped the wheel tightly. (AN: It should be easy to guess by now.)

Now all that was left ahead was the Lamborghini painted the loud electric blue and yellow, (AN: Who else would drive a car like this?)

The Lamborghini streaked along the pretty much abandoned streets effortlessly, turning corners, weaving past any obstacles and successfully blocking Jonghyun’s path perfectly. Jonghyun executed the turns excellently as well but didn’t seem to be gaining. He growled and gritted his teeth even harder, his eyebrows furrowing even further. Inch by painful inch (AN: I’m Canadian… How big is an inch? 0. o lols) However every time, Jonghyun gained an inch he lost half an inch so the progress was painfully slow though the two cars were speeding along the streets well above the speed limit. A flat parking lot was in sight, the accelerator was pushed past its limit, the speed dials were twitching frighteningly rapidly as the wheels glided smoothly towards the neon orange cones that seemed to mark the finish. Junhyung was gaining faster and faster now. There was a massive chance he would come out the winner.

  Their hearts in their mouths, they watched the Lamborghini glide over the white line a hair ahead of the black Porsche. The relatively pissed off Jaguar and Ferrari pulled into the lot beside the two cars. Everyone was panting heavily, beads of sweat dripping down the side of their faces.

The triumphant winner of the race stepped out of his car. Half his head was shaved and the rest was grown long and hung over his face; a hairstyle equally outrageous as his car. His feline eyes radiated self-confidence and his mouth curled up into a smirk. (AN: C’mon people, it should be so obvious now! I kind of ruined his almighty image in another of my stories so this is to make up for it… ^^) He was dressed in a royal blue sweater under a black leather vest and faded jeans.

The other racers stepped out of their respective cars and came to stand beside him.

“Good race.” Said the winner, his smirk changing into a genuine smile for a fraction of a second.

“It’s always you.” Said Jonghyun, shaking the hand offered.

“How could I let you off after you ruthlessly bumped Taemin?”

“Even with Key here, you could have won this race, if not for these lovely ladies here.” admitted the blond dinosaur.

“Mmhmm. Jonghyun hyung is my idol after Key hyung.” said Taemin. 

“Which one?” asked Jonghyun, the red Ferrari driver.

“That one.” said Taemin pointing to the driver that had come in second. Everyone chuckled at his answer and Jonghyun’s expression.  

“What about this one eh?” Jonghyun continued to pester Taemin.

“So who’s this eh? Someone you know?” asked Key, gesturing to Victoria and Seohyun.

“Just classmates I almost literally ran into.” Replied Jonghyun drily.

“Anneyonghaseyo, I’m Joohyun, but call me Seohyun. This is Victoria.” Seohyun said. “We’re sorry we ruined your race.”

“I’m Taemin, this is Jonghyun hyung and this is Kibum hyu---ow! Ok fine, just call him Key.” Said Taemin ducking Key’s swiped.

“Come hang out with us if the other ice Jonghyun’s too cold and mean.” Suggested Jonghyun, with a wink.

“Quit hitting on everyone!” chastised Key, “Anyways, wanna go get a drink or something?”

“These ladies are going home.” Disagreed Junhyung (AN: You know what? It’s so tiring. O.o If they’re going to be in the same part of the story, Jonghyun from CNBLUE becomes Junhyung ok?), ignoring any protest or even allowing the two girls to talk.

“Well, come back and visit noonas!” said Taemin. His hyungs agreed and the two groups parted ways.

“I assume you guys have transportation right?” asked Junhyung. Victoria nodded.

“At the park parking lot.”

The car drive back by moonlight was almost completely silent.

“I’m really sorry for not watching where I was going.” Apologized Seohyun for the 5thtime that night. “You really would have won that race.”

“Don’t worry about it okay?” Junhyung finally replied. “That wasn’t an important race or anything. It was just a challenge against Key. The other two just tagged along. “

If possible, Seohyun felt even worse and the rest of the thankfully short ride was spent in uncomfortable silence.

“Should I call you Seohyun too?” asked Junghyun, finally breaking the fragile silence.

“Sure if you want to.”

The silence settled back in.

“Ummm… thanks for the ride.” Said Seohyun, stuttering, as she got out of the car slowly when they reached their destination.

“Bye.” said Victoria.

“Yeah, bye.” said Seohyun.

There was no reply. The door slammed shut and the car sped off, the black Porsche merging with the night as if one.

“That was awkward.” said Seohyun sadly. Frankly, Victoria agreed.

(AN: I was going to end the chappie here but nope… let’s go on! :D)

Yonghwa’s POV

I recalled the conversation with Junhyung last night and frowned immediately. Ugh… why did I have to agree? That sniveling, sly businessman’s son did have his eyes on my motorbike for awhile now but why like this?

Flashback*

  “You’re losing your touch, Yonghwa.” Commented Jonghyun.

“What do you mean?” I asked lazily.

“No one’s even falling hard for you anymore.”

“What do you mean? There was Tiffany last week, and the week before it was Gyuri. What do you mean I’m losing my touch?” I asked.

“Hmph. Those people are barely anything. They’re all s. I bet you couldn’t make someone like Seohyun fall for you.” Remarked Jonghyun.

“Oh yeah? Bring it!”

“Oh and to add incentive, your bike is in this deal too.”

“Wait, what?”

“Afraid you’ll lose?” He smirked.

“N-Nope. But I get the Porsche.” I agreed.

Why was he so talkative theeeeeeeen~~~~~~~~~~. Why am I so stupid~~~? How was I supposed to do that? Then I realized something.

 

As usual, for the exception of the first day of school, Seohyun arrived early at school, and as usual, the first place she went to each morning was her locker. The halls were nearly empty; it was too early for the lazy teenagers to trudge grudgingly back to “jail”. Everything was still clean and fresh in the early morning air and sunshine that streamed in from the high windows (remember this is a rich school?) This would normally be the favorite part of her day. The lockers lining the hall were a calming sea green-blue. Seohyun arrived at her locker, # 749, and instinctively reached for the lock dial she had unlocked everyday for the past 4 years. (AN: OK… I get it. They probably have middle school and stuff but let’s ignore that arasso? Please? ^^)

Running through the morning’s classes, she drew out the books she needed one by one. Satisfied that everything was in place, she closed the door again and turned to leave but a streak of red caught her eye.

Eh? What is this supposed to be? The blood red petals of the flower stared back at her. A string ran through the vents in the locker, tying two long, intertwining stalks that came together in two perfect roses. The elegant beauty and complexity of it took her breath away (AN: but how hard can roses tied to a locker take your breath away? Lols sorry for spoiling the moment but I was wondering… it must be really pretty… 0.0). Slowly, as if in a dream, she walked back towards the locker door, her fingers reaching out to brush the smooth but soft petals. They were real.

As if afraid of damaging such a fragile creation, Seohyun untied the rose and held it carefully. Attached to the long stem was a note. Trembling fingers over turned it.

Have a wonderful day! >.^

Love.

  Over the years, Seohyun had received a great deal of confessions. Confessions that had both given birth to hate and destroyed long-lasting friendships but never before had someone been this thoughtful before. Seohyun sighed ruefully. Once the person admitted who he was, it was inevitable that her rejection would follow. She almost couldn’t bear the thought of pretending to despise the hard work she held in her hands. In Seohyun’s eyes, the roses were 10 times more beautiful because of the obviously delicate, handcrafting and the sweet message. Regret filled her face. She quickly slipped it into her locker, resolving not to ruin the rest of her day.

Unbeknownst to her, there was someone just around the corner watching her find his surprise.

I will make you realize that you are the only one for me and I want to be the only one for you. You’re the only person who’s ever made me feel this way. You are a life changer. You are my savior.

  


 Ok…. So I’m done! Long time no see everybodies!   Hope you liked this chappie because FINALS ARE COMING UP THIS WEEK AND NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH MEANS RENA HAS TO STUDY!!!!!!!!!!! This means she can’t update or she’ll completely fail.  D:

Anyways, what’s with the roses ppl?

Who? Who? WHO DID IT EH?

The car ride was the best. That’s probably why I like this chapter. Hehe^^ Shinee boys are racers! I should have used Onew, Jonghyun being confusing and all but… ah well! What’s written is written!

@blueebabby

I know… finally right? Sorry I’ve been busy… ^^

@Mitchkasan

Sorry but it’d be sudden so you’re gonna have to wait^^ for now what do you think of the rose?

@adorkablepanda

Thanks! And I hope you’ll continue to like it! Any idea inputs?? :D

Thanks for the support every1 and comments! Subscribe!

Lols and love,

Rena

UMakeTheSunComeOut

12/06/2011

p.s. SM TOWN IN PARIS.. but everyone looked so tired... hope it was just jet lag!

p.p.s. good luck everyone for finals and provincials!