Shock

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

Today too, Seohyun had found roses. Not on her locker this time but hiding in her bag, peeking out from between one of the textbooks when she came home from her last block, English. Smiling she placed it with its two companion in a simple glass vase sitting on the window sill that caught the light. From time to time, she would look up from her homework and smile at the vase. Whoever was trying to win over her heart was closer than anyone had ever been.

Except once, her conscience reminded her of how close she had come to falling.

Seohyun’s POV

“Seo-hyunnieeee~ anything happened today?” said a cheerful voice from the door. Jessica Unnie waltzed in, all sunshine; maybe she really had turned over a new leaf. I debated whether or not to tell her of the … “incidents”.

“You can tell me—oh! Hyunnie has a lover!” she exclaimed admiring the roses. Oops. My eyes must have wandered over to land on the roses once again.

“Not a l-l-lover!” I corrected hurriedly. “Maybe… an admirer?”

“Well who cares what he is, it’s beautiful.”

“I know.” I sighed, hoping to the high heavens I didn’t sound dreamy.

“So you’re going to accept when he finally confesses right?” Sica unnie winked, jabbing me in the ribcage with her elbow.

“Ow! Unnie~~~ that hurt! How about you huh? When are you going to get married already?”

She wrinkled her nose in distaste. “Married! It sounds so old… but I met a new friend at the university today.”

I nodded at intervals as she told me about her day, smiling happily. I wish this moment would last forever.

~~~~~`````

The weak morning sun that was slowly gathering it’s strength lit my room. I gave my ponytail one last tug, checking in the mirror to make sure everything looked okay. No… I couldn’t look ok because that meant mediocre. I had to look good or—

“SEO JOO HYUN!” A voice shrieked as I cringed while putting in the last earring, almost stabbing myself with the pointed end of the diamond stud.

“I’m coming~”

“Calm down, Auntie. Seohyun will be done in no time and look, there’s no way she’s going to be late.” Thank you, Sica Unnie. So far everything was still good, I smiled, picked up my bag and walking down the stairs, crossing my fingers and hoping that it really would last forever. If not, at least for a very long time.

Narrator’s POV

Lunch

“So how’s the progress going?” asked Jonghyun. Yonghwa just groaned in reply.

“It’s all your fault. Any chance you’ll call off the bet?” he asked hopefully.

“Nope~. I can see the bike coming my way anytime now.”

“And I considered you a friend.” Yonghwa sighed. “I need to go to my locker to get some stuff. I’ll see you later.”

Jonghyun nodded and turned around to lean against the railing, facing out. He stared at the brilliant blue sky. *I remember the day you left* he thought. *That day the sky was just as blue* Jonghyun’s habitually cool demeanor softened and took on a melancholy look for a moment when he remembered the beautiful girl who had stolen his heart, locked it away and threw away the key.

(AN: Ugh… but I had to make him sound a little human, give him a weakness because in my brain, he’s this cold guy that doesn’t care about much…)

The door to the rooftop opened again. *Yonghwa must have forgotten something* thought Jonghyun who didn’t bother to turn around.

“Oh… it’s you.” He was startled to hear a female voice instead. Jonghyun didn’t reply.

“Um… do you want me to leave?” the melodic voice of one of the most popular and prestigious girls in the school traveled across the short distance between them. Seohyun waited for an answer but when none came, she opened the door and was about to leave when Jonghyun’s reply came… albeit a couple beats too late.

“It’s up to you.”

“Oh… ok.” She hesitantly closed the door and came to stand beside him, leaning against the railing.

There was a silent pause.

“I come here to think.” remarked Seohyun. “The sky is so blue up here. “ Seohyun waited for an reply but remembered that he rarely gave one.

“Hey look! That cloud looks like a bunny! And that one looks like Jonghyun. No not you… the blond dino from the race!” She exclaimed pointing to a dinosaur-shaped cloud.

Jonghyun had to hide the small smile that had crept onto his face.

 “We haven’t properly met. Seo Joohyun imnida.” She did a sharp bow. “Call me Seohyun.” Seohyun didn’t really expect a friendly reply but to her surprise he said.

“Hi, Jonghyun imnida.”

“Nice to meet you. I really like your voice. Remember that time in English. I bet you actually like Shakespeare” she smiled happily.

Jonghyun stared at her face and—

*flashback*

“Hi, I’m *******,” the girl bowed, her long hair swinging forward and shyly held out a hand. “But all my friends call me****, so call me that too!”

*End*

“I-I have to go. There’s something I’m not finished with yet. “said Jonghyun before leaving the roof swiftly.  

Yonghwa’s POV

Whistling, I turned to corner to the cafeteria, my books in hand when I saw the New Boy….. Minyuk? Minhyuk? He was talking to the cafeteria lady and I was close enough to hear what they said.

“You know Seo Joohyun? The pretty girl with the long hair?” He showed his cell phone to the cafeteria lady. Probably a photo… but why did he have a photo of Joohyun in his phone? Was he a stalker o.o? I found myself walking a little closer to hear their conversation.

Seohyun’s POV

I walked into English smiling happily. When I went to buy my lunch at the cafeteria, the lunch lady had slipped a rose onto my lunch tray.

“A very handsome boy told me to give this to you.” She whispered with a smile and a wink. Before I could question her on this boy’s appearance and whereabouts I was hustled along the line by the people behind me. This time the note attached to it said,

 “I have found you like a jewel,

Mine own, and not mine own.”

Taking it out again, I smiled. It was a line from the Midsummer’s Night Dream. Perhaps the person was from our English class.

“Hey, what’s that?”

I looked up to see Yonghwa leaning over to look at the note.

“None of you business.” I sniffed, putting the note away. “Class is starting.” I nodded to where the teacher was now calling the attention of the class. I felt a hand in my hair, tugging my hair tie off.

“You look prettier with your hair down.” Yonghwa smirked.

I rolled my eyes and snatched it back.

“Class, what did everyone think of Act 2?”

~~~~~`````

Minhyuk’s POV

When the bell had rung and all through the school there was a collective feeling of freedom that rang through the thoughts of everyone in the school. Simultaneously, the noise escalated and everyone started packing up.

In a matter of few minutes, I was the only one left in the classroom =.=

I had to ask the teacher a question but even she had left before me. Sighing, I put the last of my books back into my bag.

(AN: lols… did I make him sound like a loner? Well, he isn’t. It’s just that his friends aren’t in this class.)

Suddenly, a hand swept through the pile of books. Eh?

I looked up to see Jung Yonghwa, Seohyun’s lit partner, glaring at me.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“You’re the one who’s been leaving Joohyun those roses and weird stuff, right?” He asked with a menacing glare. I looked him in the eye defiantly.

“What’s it to you?” I smirked.

“Stay away from her.”

“What are you? Her boyfriend or something? Last time I checked she was closer to me than to you.”

I saw a flash of anger in his eyes but refused to back down.

Victoria’s POV

“Hyunnie! Go on without me. I forgot my notebook and I have to go back.”

“Are you sure?” Seohyun asked.

“Of course, pabo. What do you think I am?” I shooed her away. “Go on!” I walked back slowly in the direction of the English classroom. Seohyun was just telling me about the roses she keeps getting. I sighed, wishing that someone would do that for me too. Smiling, I thought of someone in particular that I would like to do that for me.

BAM!

As if I somehow had called him, Minhyuk stumbled out of the classroom door, his hand to his face.

“M-Minhyuk-ssi?” I tentatively asked. He glanced up quickly and looked back down again just as rapidly… but it was enough for me to see. “WHAT happened!?”

I checked to make sure that the classroom was empty before pulling a reluctant Minhyuk into the classroom and making him sit down on the chair. I quickly grabbed my notebook stuffed it into my bag, grabbed his hand again and tried my best to get him down the hall to the nurse’s office. By then everyone had already left but I remembered from last year, when I worked as the nurse’s assistant that she always kept a spare key under the box of band-aids sitting on the counter.

“Sit.”

Then I went back to gathering the supplies I needed.

“I’ll be fine, Victoria-ssi.” He protested for the umpteenth time since the trip down the hall had started. “Really.”

“So the hisses of pain all the way down here meant nothing huh?” I jabbed a bruise that was already starting to form on his arm and he winced. “Point taken?”

He didn’t say anything but stared glumly at the floor.

“You don’t have to—“ He tried to protest again but I covered his mouth with my hand.

“Shut it. I want to. There’s a difference ok?”

He had just one bruise on his face but it was already starting to swell and purple. The majority of bruises were on his arms.

“What happened?” I asked again because he never answered the first time I asked.

“Nothing. I tripped over the desk.”

Right. NOT I was going to get to the bottom of this.

Hmmmmm…. Probably shouldn’t have stopped here but I’m tired….just went paintballing.  Haven’t updated in a long time I know… sorry guys. ForgiveT.T

I GOT A JOB! I’m tutoring now, rewarding but tiring at the same time…. But I’m doing ok.

I've been banned from this site so expect an update or two every week or so when I get  my hands on a working computer =.= aish.... this is what about having a computer whiz for a dad...

So what did you guys think of this chapter?

It’s revealed who Seohyun’s admirer is, Yong’s pissed off, Victoria might get her heart crushed sometime soon, Jonghyun is reminiscing about a long time ago love? And Seohyun is oblivious to everything.

I hope I pulled it off right. And I hope I can create a good enough solution…

Thanks for the support guys!

Love,

UMakeTheSunComeOut

Aka

Rena:)