Ch13 Promise

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

Ch 13 Promise~

The bell rang signaling the end of 3d block and the beginning of lunch. Seohyun stretched and then began packing up her books. For Seohyun, third block was a study block and unlike most of the students in her block, she didn’t ditch or fool around but concentrated instead on studying intensely.

Today was a good day. She had finished most of her homework assigned that morning and reviewed for any pop quiz the English teacher (fourth block) was capable of throwing at them.

Bzzzzt.

Her cell buzzed, signaling the arrival of a text message.

From: Stupid Hateful Yonghwa Choding

Dear Seohyun Slave, pls bring a cappuccino to the roof NOW and get back before the foam disappears. I’ll b waiting! Hurry!

Seohyun gritted her teeth. Who did the jerk think he was?? After the weekend, she had almost forgotten about the bet she had lost. Suddenly she thought of something and hurriedly punched in a reply.

To Stupid Hateful Yonghwa Choding

Umm… srry. The teach made all of us stay to finish the lesson… so GO GET IT URSLF! And don’t txt back.

She hit SEND and smiled satisfied.   That ought to do the trick.

Mr. Taxi, taxi, taxi, ~~~ her ringtone sounded.

Stupid, Hateful, Yonghwa Choding CALLING.>>>

“Yoboseyo?” She picked up using a harsh whisper. “I’m in class so please call me back later!”

She was about to hang up when Yonghwa spoke up.

“So your class is taking place in the middle of the cafeteria? Where’s your class mates? Where’s the teacher? And how come all I see is you putting your blue book into your pink backpack??” He snorted. “You can’t fool me Seo Joohyun.”

She looked around frantically. “Where are you?”

Finally her eyes landed on Yonghwa. He was leaning casually at the top of the school stairs looking down at her. When he saw that she had seen him too, he waved and smirked. Seohyun glared at him.

“What are you waiting for?” His voice suddenly appearing in her phone again, making her jump. “Hurry up! Chop, chop. Master’s waiting for the cappuccino! Remember the top balcony!”

“Stupid, Ugly, Hateful, Stupid—“

“See you in awhile, Hyun~” Click. The call disconnected and Yonghwa walked away, leaving behind a fuming Seohyun. Seohyun prided herself on honesty so it wasn’t like she could just abandon the bet. Gritting her teeth, she finished packing and walked towards the school café.

At least she needed to go there anyways.

“Anneyonghaseyo ajhumma. Can I have a wrap please? And a cappuccino?” she added remembering (Stupid, Hateful) Yonghwa. (AN: What would Seohyun-ah eat? I just picked what I usually get… It sounds a little too western… oh well.)

“No problem, dear.” Said the ajhumma. “Say, did it work out with you and that nice boy… what’s his name? Kang Minhyuk… or something like that? My I’m getting old.”

“Eh? Minhyuk? What about him?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. My old mind must be wandering away again.” Chuckled the lunch lady who had guessed that Minhyuk had most likely not had a chance to confess yet. She handed Seohyun her order and Seohyun gave her the money requested.

“Thank you, ajhumma. I’ll see you again!” she said before making her way through the school halls and to the school’s upper balcony.

~~~~~~`````

Seohyun paused at the top of the stairs. The light strumming of a sweet melody on an acoustic guitar (AN: Ok, pointless detail… pretty hard to plug an electric up there.) As she continued listening, a heart wrenchingly beautiful voice started to sing.

Was it Yonghwa? He was supposed to be up here waiting for the coffee right?

She stood at the top of the stairs listening for a very long time, as the sound surrounded her and tugged at her heartstrings. (AN: The guy’s voice is just amazing…) When she pushed open the door, she found Lee Jonghyun sitting (AN: Well Kim Jonghyun has an amazing voice too~) on the bench facing the side of the balcony , balancing a guitar on his knee. The singing abruptly stopped as the door clanged shut and he turned around.

“Um… hi.” Said Seohyun awkwardly.

“What are you doing here?” He asked bluntly.

“Um…I’m looking for Yonghwa.” She said, holding up the coffee. “I was forced to get this.”

“Oh right. I heard. You’re his slave now or something like that right?” He said. “He’ll be here soon, just went to get rid of some fangirl.”

“Oh…” She kinda trailed off. Jonghyun pretty much ignored her and went on strumming the guitar, humming then writing down the chords.

“So… are you writing a song?”

“Yeah,”

“What it’s about?”

“Not much.”

“Care to um… elaborate?”

“I write when I get pissed.” He said finally looking up.

“Oh…” She said tentatively. “So um… is asking why you’re pissed off, too much?”

 “No. I’m pissed because the parents insisted on throwing some sort of birthday party for me. ” He paused for awhile. “ I sound spoiled don’t I?”

(AN: Gah, Jonghyun quit causing troubles for me. You’re not supposed to talk a lot… =.=)

“Not really. I know how it is. A huge party with more than half of them complete strangers wearing fake smiles, faces painted, trying to up or act all intimate.” Seohyun shuddered. “Not to mention, the garishly over decorated venues, the fancy food that nobody eats because none of the girls want to ruin their plastic surgery altered figures.”

Jonghyun smiled as Seohyun continued her complaints.

“You’re interesting.” He said. Seohyun felt a blush creep up into her cheeks.

“Oh um… you think so?” And she mentally smacked herself at how stupid that sounded.

“Most of the girls here would like to show off their stupid party wear. You sound like you normally avoid these but you want an invite? It’ll be one more person in that less than half of the guest I will know.” He said. “November 

“Well I usually do avoid them but I guess I’ll accept.”

“On one condition.” He said.

“What?” asked Seohyun curious.

“Be my date to the event.”

“Your date?”

“Yeah. I don’t want to get set up with some stupid, whiny little girl. So what do you say?”

“Okay.” She said after a moment’s hesitation.

“Okay to what?” asked Yonghwa who had just opened the door.

“Oh, here’s your coffee,” said Seohyun, shoving it abruptly into his hand.

“It was nice talking to you, Jonghyun-ssi I’ll be leaving now. Bye!”

The door closed behind her.

“So what did you guys talk about?” asked Yonghwa, after a moment of silence.

“Nothing.” Replied Jonghyun.

“C’mon… that’s a lie.” Said Yonghwa, disbelievingly.

“I guess you’ll find out sooner or later. Hey about my birthday, you coming?” He asked, subtly changing the subject, without really changing it.

Yonghwa groaned. “You know that all you filthy rich people hate seeing me there…”

“Too bad.” Shrugged Jonghyun. “You’re invited.”

“I’ll be there… Just don’t expect some fancy present.” He looked down and sighed. “The things I do for you…”

~~~~~`````

“Eeep!” Seohyun smiled. Going as Jonghyun’s date wasn’t bad. In fact it wasn’t bad at all. 

 


Oh gah… that was short. But I couldn’t seem to get past this point or connect it to the party so that’ll just have to wait. :D I know and I agree. This chappie . Anyways, Yong is in for a surprise when Seo walks in with Jonghyun… Dontcha think? Minhyuk’s going to be there too…

I'm sorry I haven't been updating but I just didn't have the time for a long time.  I apologize but I'm going on a super SHORT HIATUS.

I have so much work to finish now that school started. How come I get flooded when it's only September???? Is this legal?

 But I will start trying to update regularly after I GET MY HEAD BACK IN THE GAME.

please subscribe and comment.

Kamsahamnida, I’ll work hard~

Rena <3