Ch 12: Hate is a Strong Word

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

Ch 12: Hate is a strong word

Yonghwa slipped back onto his motorbike and drove slowly out of the grand driveway. Somehow, even though they had grown closer today, he felt that there was still some sort of great bridge in between them when he saw how grand of a house she lived in. In fact he was pretty sure if he had stepped into the house, if you could even call it a house (more like a mansion) he would have felt like he was dirtying it.

Yonghwa disappeared back into the night.

~~~~~

“Seo Joohyun.”

“Sica unnie, I’m sorry!” Seohyun turned around and bowed immediately.

“So who was he? Eh? You better tell me you naughty little girl? Who was that?” Seohyun looked dumbfounded for the second time that night as her unnie swarmed her with questions.

“Wha?” She blinked rapidly for a couple seconds.

“Don’t you try to deny anything! Omigosh, he looked totally handsome. What have you been keeping from your unnie? Tell!” demanded Jessica.

“Aigoo, who are you calling naughty unnie?” teased Seohyun. “Should I be the little bird that goes to tell Kim Jonghyun that Seo Jessica called another guy handsome?”

“Don’t you dare.” Growled Jessica. “Now stop trying to change the topic. Tell all, little dongsaeng~”

“There’s nothing to tell.” Laughed Seohyun, walking up the stairs, two at a time. “I told you, we’re doing an English project. No more, no less.”

“Aww, that . When am I going to get some good story time huh, Seo Joohyun?” whined Jessica, following her up the stairs.

“Pffftt, guys are useless right? Just annoying.” Said Seohyun.

“Oh, let’s see some guy change that opinion of yours one day.” Winked Jessica, laughing, a hand on the door to her room.

“Aish, I’m tired and I’m going to bed. Preach your love sermons to someone else. Good night, Ms. I’m-So-In-Love-with-A-Dinosaur!” Seohyun walked into her room and flopped facedown onto her bed.

“Mark my words Hyunnie! One day, your prince is going to come along and sweep you off your feet!” came Sica unnie’s voice through the walls.

“What prince?” snorted Seohyun, into a pillow. All men were idiots and annoying jerks, right? Us, women have no need for them. 

Then she suddenly remembered the roses she had been getting on a daily basis. Maybe that guy wouldn’t be so bad after all, she chuckled before dragging herself up to wash up before snuggling back into her welcoming bed.

(AN: Oh, I know what that feels like… (even though I’m sleeping on the couch these days, due to renovations and stuff… aish. Someone tell Seohyun she’s thinking about the wrong guy! Lols)

Don’t be ridiculous, sniffed her conscience. You’re still going to reject him whoever it is right?

Shut up. I know. I don’t need you telling me that, she retorted back before slipping into a deep slumber that would last until morning.

~~~~~`````

Day 1

Yonghwa had his head on his desk and his eyes closed. He wasn’t really sleeping. Just taking a break y’know?

“Seems like someone is going to lose the bet.” Said Seohyun out loud, head high, flipping through the book.

“Ugh,” He grumbled, lifting his head and got back to writing. “You just worry about yourself.”

~~~~~`````

Day 2

Seohyun tapped the pencil to her lips and stared off into the magical space that was beyond the window. Suddenly, a ball of wadded up paper hit her on the head. She rubbed it while glaring at the culprit.

“Making it easy for me eh, Miss Seo Joohyun?” said Yonghwa now nonchalantly flipping through his book.

Seohyun gritted her teeth. “Mind your own business, Mr. Ranked-Number-5th.”  

~~~~~`````

Day 3

Seohyun put her head down on her desk. “I’ve studied enough, the test should be no problem, I’m going to sleep.” She pushed herself back and stood up from the desk to go and wash up. Suddenly a little image of a victorious Yonghwa appeared. Seohyun blinked, then abruptly sat down, pulled herself closer to the table and went back to work, tapping her pencil against as she memorized and reviewed and tested herself on the vocab.

I’m not losing to you. You’re going down, Mr. Jung Yonghwa.

~~~~~`````

Day 4

Yonghwa stumbled up the stairs after a long day working in the shop. He worked in the car shop and in return they would get lodgings for free.

Aish, I’m so tired. I’ll just rush my homework during breakfast tomorrow, he thought prompting a devil Yong and an angle Yong to come out.

Angel: If you don’t want to lose, you should go and finish up your homework.

Devil: Who cares about homework right, Yonghwa? Sleep is more important. Sleep—

Angel: Do you want to lose or WIN?

Devil: Sleep, feel the comfort of the mattress. Feel the ache in your bones, and the way the pillow seems to call for your head.

Yonghwa shook his head tiredly; he looked at Sunwoo peacefully sleeping. I’ll go sleep, he thought walking to the washroom to wash up, and then a mini-Seohyun appeared and said. “I told you so.” causing Yonghwa to grit his teeth. He flipped on the light switch on his desk and sat down.

Aish, I’m not going to lose to you. No way, absolutely NOT.

~~~~~`````

The final day had come where the new rankings would be posted in the hall by the main entrance of the Academy. The bell rang signaling the end of class. Yonghwa and Seohyun both grabbed their backpacks and dashed out into the hall.

“What’s up with them?” asked Minhyuk. Victoria shrugged. Jonghyun just looked thoughtful.

“Just watch. A little choding can’t beat me.” Panted Seohyun as they rounded the corner.

“Hmph, watch your words, Miss Seo Joohyun.” Said Yonghwa as they slowed down to a walk nearing the bulletin board where it was all posted. A bunch of students crowded around it completely obscuring it from view. Seohyun tried to peek from above their heads but it was impossible. Yonghwa tried as well, but not being a very tall guy couldn’t either. (AN: lols :P)

Finally, they managed to squeeze their way up to the front, their eyes scanning the paper for the senior posting then scanning their way down the list.  

 AN: Aahahahahaha, Seo beat out both the angel Yong and devil Yong. Lols.

Yes I know, suuuupaah short and I cut it off right where it was getting good but I wanna know what you guys think>

Who’s going to win?

Yong?

Seo?

A Tie?

C’mon guys.

And here’s a heads-up. I’m thinking things will get complicated after the bet is over.

Just realized I didn’t reply to the comments yet here ya go! :D

Comment everyone!

Love <3

Rena.

“No way.” Sighed Seohyun.

#1. Jung Yonghwa ------------------------------------------- avg. 99.1

#1. Seo Joohyun --------------------------------------------- avg. 99.1

#2. Song Victoria -------------------------------------------- avg. 99.0

#3. Kang Minhyuk ------------------------------------------- avg. 98.8

#4. **** ******** ------------------------------------------ avg. 98.2

#5. Lee Jonghyun -------------------------------------------- avg. 97.6

(look at the difference between 5 and 6??)

#6. **** ******* -------------------------------------------- avg. 92.3

“Now could you bring your average up to a 99% in a week? That’s not human. And I’m fairly sure that’s impossible.” Gaped Seohyun.  Even if you did achieve a 100 % on all the tests this week, it doesn’t mean that—“

“I believe you’ve forgotten that it’s been finals this week, and finals count for a 60% of your total mark so yes, it is entirely possible to bring my mark up.” Explained Yonghwa.

“Well, I’m sorry. Even through your hard work you still did not beat me so I’m not calling you oppa, and you don’t get your three whishes nor do I. Fair? Ok, great. I’ll see you tomorrow, Yonghwa.” Said Seohyun turning on her heels, slightly disappointed at the outcome, at least she didn’t have to submit to three wishes, she thought.

“Wait a moment.” Yonghwa grabbed her arm. “What do you mean I don’t get my three wishes?”

“B-bwoh? Of course you don’t. You didn’t beat me!” she protested.

“I frankly remember the bet being if I could place first.” Smirked Yonghwa. “I recall saying that if I “managed to be the first in the school, I would get the “oppa” title and the three wishes. That paper over there clearly states that I am number 1.”

“B-but I’m number 1, too.” Protested Seohyun.

“Yeah well that doesn’t mean I’m not number 1, and the bet wasn’t whether or not you beat me. It was whether or not I could be number 1.” Pointed out Yonghwa, I’m sorry Seohyun but I’ve got logic on my side.”

“Great, so you’ve got perfect auditory memory on top of photographic memory?” mumbled Seohyun sarcastically. “Alright. What do you want? You’d better not make me do something weird, …or wish for a billion wishes or something like that because I’m not doing it.”

“So those are the rules?” said Yonghwa, cocking an eyebrow. He was obviously delighted at the turn of events. “No weird stuff and no billion wishes. Everything else is ok, right?” He clarified, Seohyun nodded warily.

“Ok then.” Yonghwa smiled happily. “For starters, you can be my slave for a week!”

Seohyun blinked at him in disbelief.

“C’mon, you did say that everything besides a billion wishes and weird things was ok.” He pointed out.

“I’m starting to hate you, Jung Yonghwa.” Snarled Seohyun.

“Yonghwa…” He held his hands out indicating something was missing.

“Aaaaaaagh” “Yonghwa ...oppa, I’m really starting to hate you!’    

"Hey now, hate is a strong word!" laughed Yonghwa. "Much like 'love' don't you think?"

Because I and didn’t update for so long, I continued it.

I had no access to computers for a week because we’re renovating but I’m baaaaaaack!

Sorry^^

@hiko27 HS may sound boring but it’s really not all that bad… anyways yupp, yupp. To Asian parents A equals good and B equals uh… not good. Education when they grew up… yeah, that should be it. I wonder if they got those good grades? It’s like adults forget sometimes the hard stuff about being a kid. Not that I don’t like being a kid XD And YES< 3 Jonghyun’s voice is amazing~~~~~~~~ And yupp, yupp, it’s one of those Yonghwa songs that touched me too!

So what do you think of the bet?

And now you’ve told me, I can’t use it for a twist! Cuz that would mean you would know… *goes off to think*

@leonagoh97 here’s the update! And thanks for love it:DDDD

@YmaYma Here’s the update and thank you! I hope you didn’t mind it being so late ^^

@esoteric_ladee well, there’s Yonghwa choding for you :P Kamsahamnida~ Sorry for the late update ^^

@whoareyou524 Kamsahamnida and here’s the update (though I wouldn’t call it soon ^^)

Comment and subscribe! xD

Love,

Rena