They Meet :)

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjt7WFPPUwXNCfPLOtwaVimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVGpuxexJ39Lt2Q-a13Iv

Seohyun's POV

"Princess?" Mmmph. I don't have to be a princess in my dreams right?

"Princess!" The voice grew more urgent. “Princess, you're going to be late for school!"

"KYAAA! School starts today. “I sat upright in bed to see a cowering maid behind a chair who grinned shakily at me, long having gotten used to the side of me the public never saw.

"That's right." She said picking herself up and smiling kindly at me like the nice grandmother I never had. Mrs. Kim walked over to the grand windows looking over the gardens and drew back the heavy curtains and opened two windows, letting the morning sunlight in and the room filled with fresh air.  "You'd better hurry to breakfast before the Duchess throws a fit."

My mother had always said that first impressions and dignity was important. Her sister believed that to an extreme. I understand about not being late but being 30- 45 minutes early is a bit extreme don’t you think?  I sighed looking into the mirror while brushing my teeth, Bed head stared back at me. I frowned and ran a comb through it. Stifling a yawn I stumbled back into my room, to the chair where I had left today’s outfit, slipped it on and checked my appearance once in the wardrobe mirror.  

At 6 in the morning, the mansion was already full of life. And this wasn’t even the main palace. It was just the mansion where the 3 royal kids were supposed to stay. I made my way carefully down the winding staircase and mentally prepared myself for any criticism I might. The present Queen’s sister dressed extravagantly and way over board as usual greeted me when I reached the end of the stairs. Not with ‘Good morning.’ Of course. Her eyes scanned me from head to toe, taking in the plain Calvin Klein tee, the wide belt and the blue Lucky Jeans.

“You’re running our reputation, Seo Jeohyun!” An ugly scowl twisted her face. “Do you want everyone at your high school to think that the royal family is losing money!? Have some dignity! You’re starting your senior year!”

“No one’s going to think th---“

“Don’t you talk back to me young lady!” Her eyebrows furrowed deeper than was possible. “Tomorrow where something that won’t disgrace your family.”

“Neh.” I replied meekly, having long ago learned from Sica Unnie’s example that arguing with her would go nowhere.

I sat down by myself at the long dining table. My eyes swept over the empty seats with a sinking feeling in my stomach. Loneliness gripped me. Sica Unnie was probably at a sleepover with a friend and Jungshin oppa had been called to the main palace to help appa run the country. Aunt, or the Duchess as she had insisted on being called was probably in her room calling up her rich friends again. The maid walked in and I noticed that I had never seen her before.

“G-Good morning, P-p-princess Seohyun.”

The maid seemed nervous working for the royal family. I tried to smile reassuringly at her but it seemed to make her even more flustered. I watched warily as the cup she held in her hands shook uncertainly. I blinked once and felt the staining liquid splash on to the front of my shirt.

“Oh! Jeosonghabnida! I’m so sorry.” She dabbed frantically at the stain. I sighed and smiled again.

“it’s ok. Don’t worry about it okay?”

“Seo Jeohyun!” screamed the Duchess upon entering the dining room. “You are old enough to eat without spilling all over your clothes! Go and change this instant!”

The maid trembled and I saw her scared expression. I gestured for her to leave quickly before leaving the dining room myself and climbing the staircase back to my room. I glanced quickly at the clock. Crap. I was running late. I looked into the closet and quickly grabbed a baby blue silk scarf with a spiral pattern and wrapped it around my neck. Hopefully it would keep in place and cover the stain. Grabbing my bag I raced down the stairs only to be stopped at the bottom for another check by my aunt.

“That’s better.” She approved as close as she ever came to approving before shoving me out the door.

“Hurry up Useless. You’re gonna be late.”

 

Yonghwa’s POV

“Hyung! Wake up!” The annoying pre recorded voice of Minhyuk filled the room.

My eyes opened blearily. Groans filled the air. The dust danced lightly in the morning sun which the curtains did little to shield the room from. One plastic desk and chair, plus the old rug on the floor were the only other furniture besides the mattress in the room. I rolled out from under the covers and dressed silently. Beat up jeans and striped long sleeved tee. No dramatic back to school outfit. It would only get dirty anyways.

“Get up lazy pig.” I muttered pulling the covers off Sunwoo before walking into the kitchen that was only separated from the main room by a wall. Pouring a glass of water for myself and opening the bag of bread, I watched as my dongsaengs stumbled out of bed too. The clock with the crack running down the center showed that we had better hurry up.

“Hyung~ It’s so early.” whined Sunwoo.

“It’s the first day of school and we’re going to be late.” I said throwing him a lunch I had quickly but carefully packed.

“It’s the first day of school!” said Sunwoo, excited, it would be the end of my life before anything happened to him.

Within moments of waking up, we had climbed atop my motorbike ready to leave. Elementary school aged, Sunwoo sitting in front of me. I patted the bike lovingly. I had pieced her piece by piece last summer. Fixing up the junk parts, giving them new paint and finally putting her together. .

“Yonghwa!” A feminine voice sounded behind us. I sighed knowing immediately who it was.

“What do you want Shin Hye?”

“Why so cold?” She batted her eyelashes up at me. When did I ever think that was hot? Now all that I felt was disgust. ‘Me and you go a long waays back~”

“Just get to the point. I’m going to be late.” She pouted at my cold answer.

“Give me a ride!” I looked at her warily. She was right though. We did go back a long way so I nodded grudgingly. She immediately climbed onto the back of my bike and wrapped her arms around me. Without sparing her a second glance I gunned the throttle and we were off. Sunwoo didn’t like her either. I could feel his worried glances. The whole way to school, she drew patterns on my thigh but nothing she did affected me anymore. I ignored them both.

We roared through the school gates after dropping Sunwoo off, with a good 5 minutes to spare. I drove my bike into a parking space when a white sports car cut me off. I glared at the driver inside. Glossy brown hair and clear eyes stared back at me.

“What the f*** do you think you’re doing.” I said. Muttering she backed up and let me have the spot. The girl was a horrible driver and she was going to wreck that beauty of a car soon.

The bell rang startling all the lingering people in front of the school.

“Thanks for the ride, darling.” Crooned Shin Hye as she climbed down, blew me a kiss and walked towards the school, shaking and everything. Disgusting. Just like all the other s in the school. No, probably the whole world.

“Yonghwa oppa~” crooned another voice beside me. See what I mean? It was that girl again. I brushed her off, smiling as sweetly as I could.

“Oppa will talk to you later ok?”

“Neh.” She replied trying to act cute. There would be times when I’d need all these rich b*tch’s help right?

I walked into English. It was my last class of the day. It looked like this year was going to be a breeze.

“Listen up everyone!” shouted the stern looking lady at the front of the room. Never mind. English might be the hardest subject yet. “I will be assigning seating arrangements. And you’re seat mates, who will be your lab partner will be of the opposite gender. I’m going to point, say your name and you will be seated there. Understood?”

Beside me, Junghyun groaned.

“Neh, Seungseonim!” replied the whole class. Except for me of course. The teacher moved up the rows pointing at seats and reading out names. I hoped it wasn’t one of those ty girls, or the annoying types that don’t understand anything. One of those meek, geeky, nerds who always seemed to be afraid of me would be the best.

‘Seo Jeohyun.” She said pointing to the seat beside me. A girl walked up and I observed her without much care. After all what were the chances of me sitting in the same spot I picked when I walked in the door?

“Jung yonghwa.” She said pointing to the spot I was sitting in. Oh. I just looked at her.

“Aren’t you going to move?” She asked frowning.

“What a coincidence Seungseonim! My name is Jung Yonghwa.” I said smiling cheekily. I could see that she was slightly amused as well. I turned back to get a better look at my partner for the year. Her not black, not brown hair fell in gentle waves down her back. Her skin was porcelain pale and smooth. At least there was no orange fake tan. She was sitting with her legs crossed. I noticed the expensive fabric of her shirt and jeans not to mention the silk scarf. No, the expensive top and jeans weren’t enough. She had to add a silk scarf. Another rich brat. When she turned, our eyes met. It was the same, clear, bright, entrancing eyes from that morning.

“It’s you.” She groaned. “Please don’t pull down my mark.”

Why do people always assume I’m stupid based on the way I look? If my grades were that bad, what would I be doing in a rich school like this?

“Right back at you.” I replied before turning back to my book. .


Hmm… I promise the updates will get longer, the more I love this story.

 I wasn’t planning to start writing for a long time. At least until my other story was almost finished. (The other story is far from done.) I kinda decided to start this today because I checked it and there are people commenting and waiting for an update. The ideas and the writing aren’t coming so easy today so this beginning bears certain resemblances to a book called “Perfect Chemistry”. It wasn’t a bad read. Not that best but pretty good.

About Shin Hye, she was the first female name I thought of in relation to Yonghwa. It’s just a name. The girl doesn’t look like the real Park Shin Hye, ‘kay? I don’t hate her. Let’s make that clear. And if you didn’t get it, Sunwoo is Yonghwa’s little bro. I don’t even know why he’s here. I just thought Yonghwa needed family.^^ Junghyun showed up here. Jungshin is the princess’s bro.:) (He’s the chingu right?) And Minhyuk… will take a while to show up. Or maybe not. I dunno yet ^^

@placebograce

Under your pressure, I have! :)

@HaeSica4ever

Here it is! Thanks for the support.

@Shashasy

Thanks for the subtle hint to start this XD I hope you liked it.

Comments and subscribe guys!

To Yongseo!

UMakeTheSunComeOut