Gaultier Couches

All is Fair in Love and Shakespeare

 

Wow, aff it's been a long time since I was back. I'm typing this on my phone so pardon any errors in this note. I wanted to finish this storyplot before I start any new fics but a lot has changed since I was writing this 2 years ago. I'm not as in touch with kpop anymore although a large part of the music I listen to is still kpop. I only really listen to YG right now. I also write a bit differently, more skinship, more informalties, a few cuss words ^^, and less perfect characters. Once I get your opinion on this, I will restart this fic as a new story, with a new plot (male lead won'tbe poor and mom is an airhead, not a witch etc.) as an OCxidol story. Please let me know in the comments, WHO WHOULD THE IDOL BE?

 

Please enjoy the first re written chapter and rmbr, Seohyun will be replaced with an OC name in the new fic. Thank you to everyone who has stayed with this fic, through my long hiatus. I look forwards to hearing your idol suggestions! :)

 

GAULTIER COUCHES
“Miss? Miss.”
Cotton candy clouds are raining skittles. I’m sliding down a rainbow. I want to land on the unicorn’s back. I want to land—
“Miss!”
Aw, . I missed. Crap. The unicorn. It’s running away. I have to catch the unicorn. Oh, thank goodness it stopped. Unicorn, can we be friends? Wait, why do you have a human face?
My view was hazy as my eyes adjusted to the light streaming in from the bedroom window.
“Miss. You’re going to be late for school if you don’t get up right now.” One of the household maids was standing by my bed with her hands on her hips.
“It’s summer vacation,” I said, burrowing back into the covers, reveling in the delicate way the 5000 thread count quilt caressed my skin. “You tried this yesterday, Lina. You can’t fool me again.”
“It’s September 6th, Miss. School starts. Your perfect attendance—“
“Oh my god.” I sat up straight in bed. “It’s September 6th. School starts.”
“That’s what I said, Miss.” Lina had a smirk on her face as I groaned. “I’m going back downstairs but you better hurry up or the great Queen Madam will throw a fit.”
I rolled my eyes but Lina’s reference for my mother made me smile. I sighed as I brushed my teeth looking into the mirror, bed head staring back at me. Mother was a stickler about first impressions and my first day at the new school was reason for inspection. Stifling a yawn, I stumbled back into my room and slipped on the outfit I had for today, before giving my appearance the once over in the wardrobe mirror.
At the god forsaken hour of 6 in the morning, the mansion was already full of life. Mother was in the middle of it all, directing two burly men to place the new couch in the living room.
“Mother, are you redecorating again?”
“It’s Jean Paul Gaultier.” She stated. “Move it right 2 inches.”
“The last time I checked, he was designing clothes, not couches.”
“It’s a gift, idiot. I told him I was getting sick of the coach your father’s useless, flirtatious secretary got and Jean Paul sent this beautiful number in this morning. He has fabulous taste.” She dismissed the movers with a wave of her hand and turned to stare me down. “Unlike you, obviously.”
She the edge of my Calvin Klein tee and glanced disdainfully down at the wide belt and the blue Lucky Jeans.
“You’re going to ruin our reputation, Seo Jeohyun! Do you want everyone at your new school to think we’re poor? Have some dignity!”
“No one’s going to think we’re poor, Mother. Father is on the freaking cover of the Fortune Korea on the stands right now.”
“Do you like the tie I picked out for him? It’s a Dior vintage. A little reminder of old wealth for those naïve little dream-too-hard fools out there. I’ll go pick out an outfit for you too.”
“Mother. I’m not wearing a cocktail dress to high school, Chanel or McQueen or whatever. Which is what will happen if you go up there right now.”
“Alright, alright. I have Pilates in a few minutes so I’m going to get ready.” She scowled as she turned away. “Go eat your breakfast before you’re late.”
“It’s 6:15, Mother.”
I muttered the reply I knew she would give—first impressions count—as her voice wafted down from somewhere inside her cavernous closet.
“First impressions really do count, Seohyun. Don’t forget to take your Prada with you!”
I was just a few words off really.

I sat down at the dining table alone. The large oak table felt empty even though it was the same way almost every day. Ever since Sica unnie graduated high school, she almost never came back at night anymore. Jungshin oppa was probably at the headquarters of Seo Holdings with Father who was implementing the changes he had announced at the end of the last fiscal quarter.
“G-g-good morning, miss.” A timid voice distracted me from my thoughts. This maid seemed to be new. I tried to smile reassuringly but it only served to make her more flustered. She held out a glass of juice as her hands shook uncertainly. I blinked once and the staining liquid had already splashed onto the front of my shirt.
“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. What do I do?”
“Seohyun, is everything alright?” My mother called from the main entrance.
I saw the maid’s stricken expression before I grinned at her and called out “I’m fine. Have fun at Pilates!”
“What’s your name?” I asked the trembling woman.
“K-katrina, miss. I’m so sorry. Miss, please don’t fire me. I need this job.”
I stared at her. “Who said anything about firing you?”
I got up and beckoned her to follow me up the stairs. I walked into my room and gestured towards the door that led to my closet.
“Katrina, I just wanted to ask you, which shirt do you think would look better with my outfit?”

15 minutes later, I was in my white sports car, ready to go, wearing a crisp white blouse with a Versace vintage scarf around my neck that Katrina had picked out. Mentally though, I wasn’t ready at all. I wasn’t so sure about this Seoul Academy thing after having been in school in the States for most of my life. What were Korean kids like? Were they cliquey? Did they like sports? I shrugged. At least I had full blown Korean lessons ever since I could remember. And thank god, there was no dress code. Oh and thank god, I wouldn’t be introducing myself in front of the class since it was the first day of the school year. With so many blessings, what could go wrong?