Memory lane

16 @ War

Song for this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbsF4xchioo

Zico-block-b-21463235-500-748.jpg

We ended up skipping the rest of school and went to an abandoned park, there was a slide and I sat at the bottom facing the top and Zico was seated at the top.

“So, you gon’ tell me why you were crying?” Zico asked, his fists propped up his chin, I hesitated to speak, “It’s okay, take ya time.” Zico his bottom lip and it.

I took a deep breath, let it out and spoke,” It’s just that....that song brought back memories  I didn’t want to remember,” He nodded, tilted his head to the side and rested it on his fist, “Wanna share those memories with me?”

I shook my head,” Listen, I don’t think sharing any of my ed up memories will help either of us, ight?”

He shrugged, “And keeping them locked up ain’t gon’ help either, its just gon’ make it hurt more than it already does,”

I sighed; Damn...he’s right...

“I grew up in the ghetto area of London and, when I was little, my mama owed some money to these thugs, and one night they came pounding on our door demanding the money. My mama didn’t have it yet and so she hid me in a cupboard and told me to stay put, there was a lullaby my mama told me to sing every time they came and she told me to sing it. My mama went to answer the door, I heard yelling and screaming so I covered my ears, but then I heard a loud thump, silence, then crying...” I choked on my words as tears blurred my vision; I took a shaky breath before continuing,

“I was crying, scared my mama was hurt, so I went to check on her. I opened the door and found some men I didn’t know in our living room, there were 3, and one of them was on top of my mama.... her. She was crying and she shouted at me for not staying where I was put, the man then hit her and I did what any normal kid would do if someone hits their mother, I hit him back. He pushed me down and I started to cry, he smirked then said ‘my boy Devlin here likes kids, don’t you Devlin?’

I didn’t understand what he meant, but my mama did, and when a big ol’ muscle man with tattoos dragged me into me and my mamas room, she started screaming, telling him to let me go ‘cause I was just a child. The door was slammed shut and I was thrown onto the bed, I watched him unbuckle his pants then give me the most creepiest smile I had ever seen in my life, before he told me we were going to play a little game.

I didn’t understand....I didn’t...but now I do...I do...” Tears were now cascading down my face, Zico slid down the slide and tightly embraced me, “Let it out,” he consoled me, and I did, I grabbed onto his hoodie and my fists curled into the material, I let out a loud sob into his chest as he my head.

Come to think about it, I’ve never actually told anyone about this, or even cried about it...until now...

When I finally stopped crying I let go of the iron grip I had on Zico’s hoodie and he let go of me, “I’m sorry...I wet up ya hoodie...” He lifted my chin and wiped my tears away, “Nah, its cool. I’m the one who’s sorry that you had such a horrible experience, especially since you were so young.”

I shook my head released a bitter laugh, “I don’t even know why I told you, I don’t even know you,” I got up and fixed my clothes, “You know my name don’tchu?” Zico asked, before standing aswell, I nodded.

“Then that’s enough for now.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little Z-lise bonding time wooh! Hehe like the couple name? No? Give me your own then! Damn.

Hoped you liked this chapter!

Comment and Subscribe!

Much love <3