Slayer

Unexpected
Jinyoung's P.O.V

Blood splattered across the walls. I pulled my blade from the limp body. The human meat suit fell lifelessly to the ground. Don't worry, he was already dead by the time I killed the thing had taken over his body. Demons. They use human hosts to contain themselves while on Earth. The gate to Hell has been opened. I just happened to be on patrol at one of the several hell mouths. Five of them. Minor demons. Not as powerful as Azazel, the demon that murdered my family. Killing them is a synch.

As a chosen slayer, my senses were enhanced. My vision was sharper, whether it was day or night, my hearing was especially sensitive to every sound. My actions were swifter, my strength and speed was practically inhumane, and I was capable of strange powers. I wasn't exactly human, but not a monster either. I save lives. I save humanity.

The other four surrounded me. I scanned my surroundings. Dark alley, no bystanders. Perfect. The demon behind me attacked first. My ears twitched to the sound of him preparing to pounce. I brought my arms behind, clutched his arm, and flipped him over my shoulder. I quickly checked the body. No deep wounds, just minor cuts. This one could be saved. I held him down tightly, muttering an exorcism spell. The guy doubled over when I released him, choking and coughing. Black smoke poured from the mouth and nasal cavities. The smoke tunneled overhead and was absorbed into the fiery depths underground. The human regained consciousness, sending me a grateful countenance. I just snorted in reply. I'm here to do my job, I don't need their thanks. He got to his ferry and scrambled away. Two down, three to go.

I examined the remaining three. Two of the hosts were already dead, I knew that because their hearts weren't beating. Hey, I DID say I have extra sensitive hearing. The only pumping hearts I heard were mine and the center host's. It'd be easier to kill the other two first. I played with the blade in my hand. I began to feel flustered about which to kill first between the two since neither were attacking. I guess I'll have to do this another way. "Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a demon by its-"

"What the hell are you doing?" The left one sneered at me.

"Trying to figure out which one to kill first. Now shut the hell up and let me finish." This pissed him off. I was about to finish my song when he pounced at me. "Finally." I stepped slightly to the right, barely but surely, getting out of the way. I scoffed and spun the knife in my right hand. I moved swiftly. Darting forward, I made a quick grab at the demon, holding him down on a chokehold. I took the knife, held it overhead, and struck him in the chest. A scream, a flash, and he's gone. I released the lifeless body, letting it slump to the ground. I observed the remaining two.

The one with a live body seemed calmer and more intact compared to the one with a dead meat suit. The dead man growled at me. He lunged at full force. Stupid move. Rather than dodging, I simply held my knife out. Since he launched himself with all his strength, he was unable to avoid what was my clever move. He impaled himself upon my slayer knife. I shook the body off my knife.

The last one observed me carefully as I returned the glare. There's no way I could use blunt force with this one without it backfiring. I mumbled a binding spell, keeping him glued to his area. I worked rapidly, exorcising the demon while the binding spell was working it's magic. The demon gasped, it's inner form shaking and contorting the human's face. He fell to the ground, gasping. Ectoplasm poured out of him, getting into the ground like the other one. Both were sealed with the same fate, both sent back to hell. The last human witnessed the scene and ran away, horrified.

I tossed my blade and caught it, smiling victoriously. After replacing it into its leather sheath, I piled the dead bodies into a trash can and, with the help of an ignition spell, burned the evidence of the fight. The hosts were the average homeless folk, seemingly isolated with no friends nor relatives. I disposed of the bodies with the proper Rituals of Dead, blessing their souls before burning their vessels.

I checked my watch. 12:42AM. The fight ended earlier than most. I've recently moved here under directions from my Watcher, or as you people would put it, my "teacher". New city, new school, new monsters to kill. Something feels strange about this area, I could sense it. However, I can't quite figure out what. Well, whatever it is, I'm ready for it. Any time, any place.

Miahne! I was falling asleep as I wrote the end of this so there might be some weird mistakes. Hope you like the chapter! - KiraLyna