Humanity

Unexpected
Jinyoung's P.O.V

The cold air felt good against my skin. I stood at the edge of the rooftop, exhaling fog. I looked at the building across. Frost blurred the windows, icicles pointed from the sills. I heard growls from behind. I smirked. She's chased me here, eh? Not bad. It's been a month since I last saw her. The fox only shows up during full moons. I have less than a week to capture her. Or else I'd have to wait another month. She clawed at the snow beneath her. I've gotten stronger, but so has she. I still can't shake that familiar feeling. I turned to face her.

"Here already? You're faster than I thought." She snarled. Does she know she's a monster? Her human side seemed oblivious the last time we fought. "What's your name?" Growl. That's interesting. Maybe I should ask her human side instead. How did I get her to wake up last time? I tried to remember. She was on top of me, almost killed me. Right before the fatal blow, her humanity pulled through. Had she, perhaps, never killed? Maybe her humanity stops her every time? "Do you know you're human?" Growl. I'll take that as a no. Maybe if I could get her to turn human, I could save her. Don't get me wrong, I'm not kind hearted. Actually, I literally don't have a heart. I only kill evil, that's my job. But if this fox never killed anyone, I'm not going to waste my energy trying to hunt it down. I don't murder the innocent. I have to be sure, even if it's eyes do resemble Azazel's. I took a deep breath and turned around again. It's the same building as last time. I inched closer to the edge. I trust her. Don't ask me why, it's complicated. I have to jump, I have to. "My life is in your hands." I stepped off the building.

I only fell for a second, currently dangling off the the edge of the building. Looking up, I saw claws clasping my wrists. Not scratching at them, but holding tightly. "JINYOUNG-AH! DON'T LET GO!" That voice. I know that voice! It sounds so familiar. I know her, for sure. I realize it now, sounds just like-

My train of thoughts were cut off by a harsh slam against the floor. Dark skies, snow gently drifting. The flakes of ice melted against my warm skin. So peaceful, so beautiful. I laid there for a second. She did it. I knew she'd save me. The fox actually saved me. Wait, THE FOX. I scrambled to my feet, running over to her. Who was she again? I couldn't remember what I was thinking before. Holding her by the shoulders, I faced her to me. Those eyes, still innocent. "I know you, don't I?! Where do I know you from?!" She groaned. I gently shook her. Her eyes flashed. Yellow. Damn it. Her claws tore through the flesh on my chest. Double damn it. I jumped away from her. She lunged at me. Clasping her claws, I caught her before she landed on me. How do I catch her without hurting her? All the equipment I have are for slaying, not capture. I'll have to think of a better plan. First, I'll have to find a way to keep her from scaring people. She started snapping at me. Talk about mood swings.

"Sorry, baby girl. Maybe next time." I kicked her off of me, my hands searching for something to bind her. I pulled down a clothes line that was strung across the rooftop. I bound the fox tightly to a nearby antennae. "See you next time." I smiled and left the roof. No, no cool exits. My chest is in way too much pain for that. I just walked home, leaving a trail of blood behind me.

It took me longer than usual. I didn't get home 'til about 2AM. I searched for my keys. Once found, I quietly opened the door, tip toeing inside. I'm not human, but from the way Chaerin acts when she get home late, it's not a good thing.

The lights switched on. "Motion sensors?" I found Chaerin sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, lamp string in her hand. "No, of course not."

"Where've you been?" She raised an eyebrow, amused that she came home before I did. I scanned her from head to toe. She hasn't even changed yet. I smirked at her, despite the sting of the scratches.

"Why? Did you miss oppa?" She jumped out of her seat. I walked over to her. "From the looks of it, you only came home a few minutes before I did."

"I was out doing something productive. You, on the other hand, were probably in a bar hitting on girls." Within seconds, I was in front of her. I tried messing with her heartbeat again, but it seems she's gotten used to this situation.

"Why? What's wrong, baby girl? Jealous?" I froze. Baby girl? Why did I call her that? I say it casually all the time but I have never said it to Chaerin. Thump. Thump. Thump. Her heartbeat sped up again. I smiled.

"Y-YAH! WHO'S YOUR BABY GIRL?" I saw her face flush red.

"You don't like when I call that?" I acted innocent.

"No!" She's lying, her heartbeat sped up.

"Really? Are you sure?" Sweat formed on her forehead. I could feel her body heat radiating onto me.

"Y-yes. And who said you could stand this close to me?!" She shoved me, right in the chest. I winced from the pain. Her eyes widened. "What happened to you?"

"What's it look like?!" I growled from the pain. She looked scared of me. Clenching my teeth, I attempted to relax. "Relax, they're just flesh wounds. But they still sting so don't touch me."

"At least let me clean it." She went to get the First Aid kit. I took off my shirt. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON." I laughed at how embarrassed SHE was that I took off MY shirt. That's cute. I cleared my throat.

"Excuse me, Miss Lee. How do you plan on cleaning my wounds with my shirt on?" I grinned. "It's not like there's anything you haven't seen." She blushed again.

"Just shut up and sit down." I did as instructed. Her hands were gentle as she cleaned my wounds. The only pain that came was from the burning of the peroxide. It was kind of awkward, I normally do these things myself. And I normally don't talk to girls. There was pain in my chest, but from the inside this time. A light, muffled beating clouded my hearing again. I looked around the room. What the hell? It's here again? I've decided that I can't be growing heart. It's unreasonable, illogical, and just plain impossible. Besides, if I was growing a heart, WHICH I'M NOT, I've feel it ALL the time, not just around Chaerin. The thumps beated louder and faster as the skinship between us increased. My chest pains also increased. I regulated my breathing, trying to bear with it until she finishes. "Yah, Jung Jinyoung, why are your ears red?"

"Could you please just hurry up and finish?" She finished up the rest of the bandaging neatly and quickly.

"Done."

"Thanks," I muttered, standing up. I was walking towards my room when Chaerin called after me.

"What about your shirt?!"

"Keep it!" I called back, smirking. Once in my room, I grabbed a new shirt from my closet. Laying in bed, I thought about the fox. Her eyes, her voice. I had her name on the tip of my tongue, but forgot it. Hearing a knock on the door, I stood to answer it.

"Lee Chaerin?"