Demon Fox

Unexpected

Jinyoung's P.O.V

No patrolling? That's an interesting concept. I pondered as I sat beneath the tree. I can't take this. My body is itching for a fight. The leaves rustled above me, calling out my name. I can't take this anymore. I went back to my room to pack my gear. I pulled on my leather jacket, equipped with knives, holy water, chalk, salt, and so on. I climbed out the fire escape and onto the rooftop. Overseeing Seoul, I leapt from rooftop to rooftop. A cold breeze blew past me. A sense rang through my body from the seventh plane. This supernatural being is strong. Its essence is enough for me to achieve access to the seventh plane. I chased the sense, following its trail.

 

 

 

A fox stood at the edge of the building rooftop. Its tail glowed bright scarlet, like burning flames. She turned to face me. This fox looked familiar, wearing a pair of jeans, a V-neck, a black jacket, and combat boots. Foxes generally look humane, except for the exception of a tail, blue eyes, sharp teeth, and snout. Fur color depends on the fox. This one has bright red fur. It's kind of cute; I’ve always been a dog person. However, monsters are monsters, and this one is no exception. I scanned the fox carefully before making a move. That's funny. I mentioned earlier that foxes have blue eyes, no matter the fur color. This one is different, it has yellow eyes. The eyes shined brightly, familiar to Azazel's. I grew angry. Is this a demon-crossed fox? My eyes filled with disgust, the death of my parents replaying in my head. In a flash of hot anger, I launched my knife at her. She twisted her body to the side and growled at me, readying herself to pounce.

A fight broke out, unleashing the merciless Slayer side to me. She launched herself at me. Grabbing her by the wrists, I flipped her overhead. I turned and kicked the back of her knee, making her drop. She hissed at me, turning to bite. I instantly pulled away. I took out another knife, readying myself to plunge it into her heart. She flicked her tail my way, releasing a bunch of needle-like fur in my direction. I spun my blade in front of me to reflect the oncoming attack. She pounced again, quicker this time. She landed on me, slamming me against the floor. She held down my wrists, snapping at me with her jaws. Foxes are abnormally fast and strong, but thank goodness I'm faster. Before she managed to take a bite at me with her viciously sharp teeth, I pulled my legs through and kicked her off me, my feet pushing against her chest. She flew across the rooftop, sliding off the side of the building. Her claws clutched into the edge. I ran over to her. The drop was about 30 levels, definite death. I can't let her fall. In order for me to absorb the monster's essence, I have to directly kill her with my blade.

I gripped her arm tightly, dragging her up the side of the building. I fell back and she took advantage of the situation, pinning me down again. Ungrateful. Then again, I was going to kill her myself. She was smarter this time, pinning down my legs, too. I struggled beneath her. She pulled her snout close, baring her teeth. She was about to tear at my throat when she suddenly stopped herself. I was puzzled. A flash of recognition in her eyes, connecting us. I stopped struggling, she stopped snapping. The air was still around us. I know her. I'm not quite sure from where though... She reminds me of someone. Her humanity took over, her iris turned into an innocent black.

"Jinyoung," she gasped. She knows my name? I looked straight into her eyes, unable to shake off that familiar feeling. Her eyes flashed, returning themselves to that vicious yellow. I slid from her grip and grabbed my knife. I lashed out at her, slicing her hand. She howled in pain, clawing back at me. She ripped the flesh on my left arm. Clutching my shoulder in pain, I managed to roll out of momentary harm's way. She closed in on me. I looked into her eyes again. Pure blood lust.

I decided to take my chances and try something. I reached for the bottle of Holy Water in my belt. If she's part demon, this should burn, right? Better this than nothing. I quickly uncapped the bottle and threw the water at her. She hissed, steam rising from her body. Score. I began muttering an exorcism spell. Should've thought of all this sooner, would've saved me a lot of suffering. She began struggling, distorting her figure. I scanned the planes. Her demon side is pulling out. It pulled itself back into the body. I abruptly stopped. She has her own form, I can't do an exorcism. If I go on fighting, I'd probably die. This won't work. I've never left in the middle of a fight though. "Eh, there's a first for everything." The fox cocked its head to the side curiously. "We'll meet again." I winked at her and leapt off the roof to a neighboring building. I couldn't land normally, considering the pain I was in and all. I rolled off my side and picked myself up, continuing my route home.

 

 

 

Bleeding out. There was a trail of blood following me. It dripped down from my gash to my fingertip. I gasped in pain as I leaned against the doorway. I rang the doorbell. "Jinyoung-ssi. I thought you were in your room." Mr. Lee led me to the living room, and then left to the kitchen to get the first aid kit. I took off my shirt and let him treat the wound on my shoulder. "I guess you couldn't stay away from the night's call. This is deep. What gave you this?"

"Demon Fox." I sounded retarded coming out of my mouth. I almost laughed at how ridiculous it was, but I didn't know what else to call it. A hybrid? That's stupid. Mr. Lee's eyes widened.

"Did you kill it?" He seems concerned. I'm confused whether that concern was for me or the fox.

"You know, most would ask what a demon fox was, since this is practically the first time anyone even mentioned something like this." He cleared his throat. "No, I didn't kill it. I had to back out mid-fight." Sense of relief. There's something weird about him. I eyed him suspiciously. "Do you know this beast?"

"She isn't a beast." He pushed harder down on the cloth that was stopping the bleeding. I winced in pain. He released when he realized how much it was hurting me. "Miahneyo. Aniyo, I don't know her. I just think you needed to be a little more considerate." I laughed.

"Point taken, won't offended your She-Wolf again." He flashed a look at me to shut my trap. "All right, no offense intended." He let out a sigh and held my arm above heart level to slow the blood flow to the wound. He cleaned around the wound with warm water and soap, careful not to get soap into the gash. After he finished up cleaning the wound, he applied medicine and wrapped up my arm. "Mr. Lee, is there something you want to tell me?" He smiled warmly at me.

"Just not to get your kicked again, Slayer." He patted my shoulder jokingly and left.

I sat in the living room for a while, watching random shows. 2AM. I was getting ready to go to bed when I heard keys jingle at the door. I turned to face the entrance, half-smiling. I knew who this was, Chaerin. It's just like her to play the bad girl role. I waited for her to stumble in, half expecting her to be drunk. "You're home late." I said authoritatively as she walked in, surprisingly sober. Huh. Not the partying type, I guess.

"What's it to you?" She took off her shoes. Huh. Combat boots. To think of it, her entire outfit looks familiar.

"Well, we're living together now. I thought I should at least pretend to care about you." I started walking closer to her. "Why? You don't like when I worry?" I walked up to her menacingly. She backed up into the door, nowhere left to run to.

"Y-yah, what do you think you're doing? I'll kick your ." I didn't stop.

"You dare?" I slammed both hands on either side of her, forcing her to stay in place. My face was just inches away from Chaerin's. I was actually just messing with her, since I know I can change her heart rate. Silly girl has a crush on me. Too bad I can't feel. I brought myself in closer so that our noses brushed. She's actually kind of cute up close. I smirked. Her chest is going to explode at this rate. I looked down and saw blood on her hands. "How'd that happen?" She turned her head to the side.

"That's none of your business." Suddenly remembering the monster, I instantly pulled myself away from her. I started backing up, gripping the blade on my belt.

"Lee Chaerin, I'm going to ask you this once and only once." She scoffed.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Where were you tonight?"