The Chills

Unexpected

CL's POV

 

I woke up with a jolt. The shivers that went down my spine wasn't a normal shiver. Something dangerous is here, something that can kill me. This wasn’t the first time it has happened. I must be careful. I just knew these things from my father. My father is one of the most powerful priest in the world. He can perform a exorcism spell in less than 3 seconds. I would try to preform them when I was young. I couldn’t even perform the most simplest one. I got out of my bed and went downstairs. I ran past my kitchen and living room. I bursted out of the house and went to the shrine outside of my house. I muttered a quick prayer to protect my father. I slowed my pace as I approached the shrine. I gently opened the door and did a quick ritual whenever I get The Chills. I went below under the shrine and got the sliver pistol. I trudge back to my room with the pistol in hand. I moved quickly when I got back to the house. Slowly making my way up the stairs, I tried my best to remember what Father told me.

“If you ever get the chills, go to the shrine and get the pistol. Draw the magic circle of xxx. Stay in the middle of it the whole time. When you feel safe, say the spell to get rid of the circle.”

I couldn’t remember the name of the circle I was suppose to draw. I pulled the chalk Father had given me. It was just a short stub. I used it many times before. The chalk might not be enough for my circle. I drew the circle almost twice as small. I started to chant the spell to put the circle into effect. The chalk was twice as small by the time I finished half of the circle. I have to use the other option.

"Owww." I moaned out. The cut on my finger wasn't as bad as my other injuries but it still hurt. I continued to draw the circle, hoping it was the right one. Once I had finished, I felt woozy. As I pulled out the first aid kit, I chanted the second stanza.

Wrapping up my index finger, I chanted the third stanza. I could feel the power in my words. If I were to mess up the fourth stanza, it'll be all over. Taking a glace at the clock, I noticed the time seemed to have slowly down dramatically. It read 12:43.

Finishing the fourth stanza, I heard footsteps coming closer to my room. I jumped to my feet, prepared for any attacks. The door slowly opened to reveal my father.

"WHO ARE YOU?" I yelled as a percaution. My father was expecting this.

"I am your father, Lee Park Rin. I am the best priest in the world, Priest Rin. I am the husband of Son Chae Ha."

"What is the meaning of life?" Another question just in case.

"One is suppose to give life meaning. My meaning is to serve the One and Only." It was the exact answer my father had said when I had asked him a long time ago.

I put my arms down. He walked in and look at the circle I drew.

"Not bad. Such a shame you didn't have enough chalk."

"I just used my blood. See? It a completed circle, just some parts are going to be a bit less stable." I said in a matter-of-fact voice.


it tooke me a long time to write this x-x HAVE FUN READING~