Thump

Unexpected

Jinyoung's P.O.V

 

 

I sighed heavily. Dusk. Almost time for patrol. I had just gotten out of school. Stupid concept. Me. In school. I'm a slayer. I am not meant to have other jobs so why bother going to school? I'm already smart as it is. I know it sounds like I'm being conceited but it's the truth. I have an IQ of 210. It probably comes with the supernatural abilities. I just sit in school for the looks of normality. I decided to head to my Watcher's house before going on patrol.

Lee Park Rin. The best priest in the world. That's my Watcher. I admire this man. Aside from bring a priest, he also is a hunter. An exceptional hunter. Who else can teach me better?

I was standing at the doorstep when a sudden breath of cold air struck me. Chills. "You again?" Lee Chaerin.

"What's this? Are you stalking me?" I had my half smile on and continued closing in on her. Normally when I'm close to girls, I can hear their hearts beat. I definitely heard hers. Thumping loudly in her chest. But I felt something, too. A pain in the left side of my chest. I heard her heart beating loudly, but also a soft thumping. Very slight. Where is it coming from? I clutched my chest in pain. Is it coming from me? That's not possible. I don't have a heart, I can't have a heart. I fell to the ground, gasping for air.

"Yah, gwenchanna?!" She held on to me, shaking me. "Yah! Please be okay... Appa!" Her voice was the last thing I heard before blacking out...

 

 

 

 

I felt a pair of hands shake my shoulders. Can't be Lee Chaerin, too masculine. Strangers' hands. I snapped my eyes open and held the hands. The man twisted my arm and pulled it behind my back, holding me down. Fast. "Wait. Calm yourself. Lee Park Rin-imnida." My eyesight focused on the man. I recognized him but just to new safe I scanned the planes. Monsters can cloak similar forms. A bright aura, positive. He's real. I can tell he was scanning me, too. He was the best priest in the world, my Watcher, and possibly the best hunter in the world (aside from me, of course), but he was still only human. I could see the clear rims of the contacts on his eyes. "You must be my student. Annyeonghaseyo." He released me and bowed. I returned the bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo, seonsangnim!" I've only barely noticed Chaerin. was hung open. I heard her heart, still beating loudly. Faster, now that I'm starting at her. There's that soft thumping again. Where is that coming from? My chest felt a sharp pain. I started gasping again, Lee Park Rin holding me up. He sat me down on a chair.

"There's something wrong. You shouldn't be like this."

"Well, I know that."

"Wait, appa. Why is he calling you seonsangnim? Is he a hunter?" Chaerin still looked confused. She actually doesn't seem half bad. The soft thumping grew louder.

"Aniyo. I'm the Sl-" I was going to answer her and tell her I'm the Slayer and her father here is my Watcher. Instead, I was cut off by the priest and she was lied to.

"He's a student. A new hunter coming to learn from me." I nodded, it's his daughter. He must have a reason to lie to her. I should keep my trap shut. "Chaerin-ah, go upstairs and prepare a room for our guest." Her heartbeat grew louder and faster, while her father's remained calm and steady. I should only hear two hearts beating. Why are there three? Is someone else in the room? I scanned the planes around the room again. Just in case. There's only us three. What the hell? My head began to hurt.

"He's staying here?!" Her heart was beating loudly. I was worried it would explode. Wait. I WAS WORRIED? SINCE WHEN DID I HAVE HUMAN EMOTIONS? The idea made me laugh. She shot a glare at me. "Father, wae?"

"I know it's hard for you to grasp but please just do as I say." She nodded and was off. "You. There's something wrong." He looked at me curiously, then smiled. "I know for sure you're the Slayer. You aren't supposed to be weak though." He smirked.

"Yah! I'm not weak. Something just came up..." I felt embarrassed.

"Sure, sure. I'm going to the Shrine." He headed towards the door. "Oh yeah, let's keep the Slayer thing between us, nae? I don't want Chaerin involved." I dumbly nodded as he left. Their auras. It's so different from each other's. He has a bright, positive glow. His daughter's... It's bright, but the power is different. It's being concealed by something, but it's definitely strong.

My chest hurt at the thought of her. The soft thumping returned. It finally all came together. Why I'm suddenly weak, the soft heartbeats, human emotions, my chest pains. 210 IQ and I couldn't figure this out earlier. How stupid. It's all so obvious to me now.

I-I think I'm growing a heart.

 

 

WHAT? A HEART? I don't even know what I'm writing anymore. Hehe. Sorry if I confused you. -KiraLyna