The Expressionless

Unexpected

Jinyoung's P.O.V

I groaned as I slightly lifted my head. It felt heavy, the pain throbbing. My vision cleared as I shook my head, something wet dripping down the side. Blood? But I haven't even fought yet. I attempted to reach to my temple to see what the liquid was. There really was no point since I already knew it was blood from the copper smell. It was just a natural reaction. Anyway, I attempted to touch my head only to find that my arms have been bound by chains. In fact, my entire body was bound. I struggled against the chains that tied me to a chair. I heard another voice groan, a female voice. My eyes traveled to the long blonde hair before me. Chaerin was roughed up pretty badly, red dripping to the ground.

When she finally regained consciousness, she looked to me. "What's going on?" With her head up, I was able to see the bruises on her face. The blood from her cuts had coagulated and left dry stains where they once poured from. I had a weird feeling in my chest. It hurt, almost physically, to see her like this. I don't know why. It felt as though I wanted to run to her and make her feel safe. The pain worsened, causing me to gasp painfully. "Jinyoung? What are you trying to pull?"

"I didn't do anything." I involuntarily growled. "I need you to change forms. The shackles will be looser on your paws."

"I told you that I'm not a damn dog!" The chains rustled as Chaerin shouted curse words at me. Obviously, she doesn't understand. I shuffled uncomfortably, my ears twitching at the sound of a third person in the room.

"Shut up." I hissed at Chaerin.

"My, my. Quite the mouth we have on this one, don't we?" The voice was low and dangerous. "Sorry about the head injury, Slayer," she (the voice sounded feminine) hissed every time she pronounced the s sound, "had a little accident getting here."

"Who the hell are you?" She (it?) stepped out of the shadows, revealing herself. I heard Chaerin's heartbeat intensify. Her face was flawless. Not flawless as in beautiful, but flawless as in smooth, like a mannequin's. It shined like plastic, with makeup smeared on its unreal facial features. Although she had the external of a doll, she contained the grace and fluidity of a human being. I've seen one before. Actually, I've killed one before, back in Suwon. An Expressionless. These things have the strength of a bear and the speed of a cheetah. "Jeez. Do your make up, much? You're uglier than the last one." She lunged at me, almost knocking over the chair I was in.

"You watch that mouth of yours, you little smart ." Though she spoke, her lips never moved. "I control the game."

"I killed one of you guys before and I'll do it again, so I'm the one that's in control." I smugly smirked. Though all of this, I heard Chaerin's heart continuously beat quickly. Her breathing was shallow and rapid, signs of panic. I couldn't help but steal glances at her.

"I know you have, you little . And you'll pay for what you've done." opened, revealing the rows of teeth that curved inward. The teeth were large and resembled claws.

"What's it to you? And, dude, seriously. Your breath is all you need to kill me." She's had enough. I felt my jaw snap right as my left cheek took the blow. She socked me one more time with her left fist, forcing me to adjust my jaw to make sure it wasn't broken.

"You killed my sister, and now you'll pay."

 

Chaerin's POV

Everything was dark. My breathing, quivered and unstable. When that lady entered the room, it dropped several degrees. My heart, beating faster and faster. The loud snap of a jaw turned my head to the sound. I wanted to leave. I wanted to be at home, in my bed. I wanted to be safe. I couldn't hear the conversation; they were too far. Several grunts left Jinyoung's mouth; it pained me to hear him like this. The crazy didn't let up her punches. Panting came from the other side of the room. The sound of heels came closer to me. 

 

"Who are you?"

 

"Don't... Hurt... Her... Or else." Jinyoung defended me even in his state.

 

"I-I-I'm Lee Chaerin." I squeaked. Her cold fingers ran down my cheek, touching my cut flesh. I held still, barely breathing. My muscles tensed up, to feel metal chains against my skin. She made her way to my neck, her nail dragging on my skin. 

 

"I could just snap your neck like this. Wouldn't that be a pretty sight? Your body will be perfect; cold, limp, and dead."

 

"Get... your hand... off of her." She walked away from me, heading back to Jinyoung. A loud crack rang in my ears. Each step she took was a blow to the ears. The menacing sound of heels stabbed my hearing.

 

"Now, he can't disrupt us."

 

"What did you... do to him?"

 

"Oh, how cute. Caring about that useless Slayer now? Just a bat to the head," I in my breath and held it. "Don't be so tense. Relax." A shiver ran down my spine. My shoulders fell and my muscles loosened. I felt her arm graze my broken face, grabbing the ends of the blindfold. The light burned my eyes, but soon they adjusted. In front of me was a woman, tall and skinny. She had the perfect body shape, the infamous S-line. I glanced at her face to find a horrid surprise. I adverted my eyes right away. Her eyes were big, filled with darkness. Her cheeks were prudent. Her nose was pointed up.  Her lips. Her lips were colored by a 5 year old. Her face was an unnatural shade of white. Her hair was a short chop. Her forehead was shown. She had a large forehead and her eyes were unnaturally far apart. I wanted to throw up. 

 

"Who are you?" I whispered.

 

"What?"

 

"What are you?"

 

"I am an Expressionless," I peeked up at her face as she spoke. did not move. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"


A/N:

I was totally against that picture. Okay. I hate it. It's creepy and stuffs, but it goes with the chapter. asdfghjkl. yeah. coment pl0x. ⊂ yeyeye

-duckie