Chapter 3

Look At Me

 

(5 days later)

 

“Sohee’s cooking is really great!”Daesung

“Best cook in the world!”Seungri added

“hehe,thankyou so much.I’m glad you like it” Sohee turns red when they praises her cooking skill

“Jiyong, what do you think of Sohee’s cooking?”Taeyang turns to Jiyong who’s quietly eating.

Jiyong then stop eating and look at them. Now everyone’s attention in their table is at him. Waiting for his comment. Sohee on the other hand feel so nervous, her heart is pounding so fast. The feeling is like she’s in a contest and Jiyong is the critic.

“It’s uhmm, delicious”He finally says. He look at Sohee and then back to the food.

“See,even our almighty Jiyong loves it”Taeyang said.

She could now feel her heart skip more bit than earlier hearing Jiyong’s comment.

“Thankyou Jiyongshii” She even bow her hand in happiness

“wait,wait,wait when we said  your food is great we don’t get that bow but when Jiyong praised you, you give him a bow and almost cry in happiness” Seungri

“noo,it’s not like that”

“Just don’t mind that Retard”Top

“I want to thakyou all for being so appreciative of my cooking, since this is the last time I’ am able to cook for you guys I made a special dessert for all of you”

Doing her everyday routine for the past five days, Sohee enjoyed the company of them but she needs to attend school also. So that was the last time she would able to cook for them before she get busy in her high school life

 

 

 

 

 

(Sohee’s School)

 

I’ve been attending school for almost 2 weeks now. I ’am now living with my brother for 1month. Life here is much fun than in America but I sometimes i miss that place. Since mom took me away with her when I was 6 years old, we live their with my other relatives. Even though Top oppa and I grew apart we still keep in touch with each other, that's why we’re close even we live in different places. Our parents divorced right after mom and I left Korea, I had a hard time at first but cope up at last. But after my 18th birthday mom gave me this news that made me decide to go back here in Korea. I had to, because I had no choice I do’n--

 

“Ahn Sohee stop day dreaming again” Ji Eun poke me

“Huh?”Sohee

“See! Your doing it again, Stop that habit before you bump in the wall”

“Anything wrong?” Thunder asks

“No,no it’s not that” I said. They’re now my friends. They always help me with everything I had to learn, they’re best friends before I came and now we are best friends.

“It’s her normal habit, ahaha” Ji Eun added

“I’m not day dreaming Ji Eun-ah” I defended myself.

“Yes you are!, Who are you daydreaming huh?” she tickles me

“hahhaha st—stoo—stop I can’t breathe!” I tried to say in between my laughs

“You two are like kids” Thunder smile watching Ji Eun running after me as I run away from her.

“i..I give up, Sohee is a fast runner!” Ji Eun then stop and trying to catch her breathe.

“Yeah, Im a fast runner”.I said then stick my tongue. I had to run fast to avoid them, to avoid mom I suddenly remember that again.

“If you keep on day dreaming again we will leave you Sohee!” I heard Thunder shout. They’re now at he gate.

“Yeah, I’m coming!!” I must forget them and live happy with my new friends and Oppa.

 

 

( Choi residence)

“Oppa will be home late again. Aside from being a College Student Oppa is a busy person, He work as a model as a part time job. He is a dedicated swimmer also, he loves to swim and it’s his first love”

After I cook the dinner I start to do my home works. Right after I finished it my phone starts to ring.

“Mom” I stare at the name at the screen, I don’t want to argue with her that matter but i miss her voice.

“Yes, mom?”

“Sweety, I miss you” mom on the other line.

“I miss you too” I replied back

“Sohee come back here now plea--“ I cut her off

“Mom, don’t bring it again” I knew it. She would not easily pass it on.

“If you don’t want to come here,he’ll be in Korea for you”

“WHHAt?, mom how many times I have to tell you I do’nt love him!!We’re only friends, nothing more nothing less Stop this nonsense talks okay”I hang up the phone

 

I can’t hold it anymore. Oppa, didn’t know either about this problem of mine and I don’t want him to know it. I decided to come home to finally be with him also I know how hard it was for him to live by himself at a very young age. He had to work all day and night to raise himself, now that Oppa have his friends  and very outspoken to them I don’t want him to suffer also because of me.

“I need some fresh air” I thought to myself, there I walk to the park to unwind a bit. As I walk I couldn’t help myself but to cry. Mom loves me so much that she works hard to raise me. She tried to reconcile with Oppa but he refuses to. Top oppa then acted cold to mom when he spent holidays with us. I remember how Oppa begged for mom to come with us also when the day we left for America. Mom still chose to leave oppa, and from that day Top became cold to her. I can see hatred in his eyes when he stares at mom. For years I had these bad feelings in my heart the pain that my beloved brother has in his own heart. Only him who made me happy when oppa is not around now is my problem. We grew together, he’s my best friend. But as my birthday came mom then said that she and the mother of him wants us to get married. But I don’t want to,I had to leave and be far away enough to them. It hurts me the most because she’s my mom and the other is my best friend.

 

“So peaceful in here”I reached the park. We used to play here with mom and dad and also oppa when I was 5 years old. I then again shed some tears. WE once have a happy family but what happened? I don’t know either.

I stayed for a moment looking at the starry night. When I finally compose myself I stand up and ready to walk when in my surprise Jiyong was standing an inch away from me.

“Hi” I greeted him

“hello”he greeted back

“What are you doing here?”he asks

“Freshen up,you?”

“Walking I guess”

-__-

“ahh” I’m not in the mood plus I don’t know how to say a word. Dead air again.

 

“Jiyong,I had to go now,bye”I broke the silence. I walk away

“Sohee-ah” He called my name. But I did’nt say anything not even looking back instead I just stand there

“Sohee-ah,I don’t know why you’re in pain now or why you’re crying but..”He stops there. Hearing him saying those words made me even cry again.

“Sohee—ah, do’nt cry by yourself” he said then I feel his arms wrap in my waist. I was shock but I don’t want to let him go from his embrace.

“Sohee-ah, you’re like a bright sky to everyone, if you cry the bright sky won’t be bright anymore. If you’re in pain let someone ease the pain if hyung see you with this condition he’ll definitely worry about you”he pat my shoulder.We stayed in that position for a minute then he let go of me.

“Jiyongshii, thankyou”I am now calm

“That’s my magic”He cooly said

“Magic?”

“To calm down one’s emotion”He looks at me and smile

“Yeah, you have that special power” I smiled back

“You okay now?”

“yeah,Much better thanks to you”

Dead air again.again!!

“Jiyongshii”I called him

“uhh?”

“Smile more often and talk. You look good when you smile”I said

He did’nt say anything. He walk instead.

“Go home safe” then he waves hand

 

I secretly smile with the simple gesture of him. And I feel no more worries in me or let me say his power really is effective. I head home with a smile and eat dinner with Top oppa.  After that we watched movie and sleep in his room.

 

 

---

Nothing much happened right? but As the chapters goes on many secrets will reveal by some coincidence.

Thanks.keke