Glimpse of Her Past

Look At Me

 

Short Update.I edited the previous chapter because of the typos.thanks

 

--

"Yes,Oppa I landed safely"I said on the other line.

"Sohee,sweety!"I look at the direction of the voice and saw mom waving at me

"Here's mom,gotta go.Bye Oppa take care,love you"I ended up the call.My brother and I have talked about this a week ago.I'm going to spend a week here in America then I'll be back to Seoul before Christmas.

"How's your flight?"mom asked as we walk through the parking lot.

"it's okay"I smile at her.

"How's Korea"I glance at her.

"Very different"I simply replied then look outside the window of the car.

"How's your brother?"I heard her sighed after saying that.

"doing great.Living well,having fun"I replied.

"that's good"I took a glance of her then saw I tear fell from her almost pale cheek.

"Sorry,they just fell"she wiped it immediately as she saw me looking at her.I do'nt know why is she doing this but at this moment I can't act like I do'nt care about her at all.

"Why?"My mouth shakily said as I look at her

"huh,it's nothing.Are you tired?"She changed the topic.I weakly smiled at her then shook my head.

 

"JaeJoong is also here"She said as she notice that I was looking outside the entire time

"really?"I replied back

"Yes,he's here for the holidays also.I'm glad that the two of you are finally in good terms".I noded.

"Uhmm,Sohee".

"Yes?".I said while looking at the vast blue sky from the window of the car

"Your doctor,we'll go there for your check up".Geez,I almost forgot about that.It's good that her heart is in good condition this past few days.

"Okay"I said then close my eyes.I really wanted to sleep

 

 

"Sohee"Mr.Yoon called my attention then smiled at me.He is very kind to me back then,.He is like a father to me.

"Yes Mr.Yoon?"I look at them he's with mom.

"Do'nt over work yourself okay?plus,do'nt involve yourself to stressful thing,that might affect your heart".He said looking at his record book.It's my heart records.

"her heart"I corrected them.

"it's your heart now"mom said

"I do'nt own this heart"I said looking at my mom's disbelief face.

"of course it's yours now"Mr.Yoon said.He's my heart doctor eversince mom and I discovered about my heart problem.

"sweety"

"I basically do'nt have my own heart anymore"I said.It's true I was 9 years old that time when I fainted because I played with my classmates.We played hide and seek that time near the campus swimming pool,When I hide at one of the tree near the pool one of my classmate pushed me to the pool then I fell.I was scared that time so I panicked.I never swim,so I did'nt know how,My sight is black.After a few hours,I open my eyes and found myself lying in a white bed with all white stuffs.

"it's better if she undergo surgery,You can't hide this kind of situation to your daughter.Eventually she'll know about it and if things get worse you might lose her so she needs a heart now before it's too late.Her heart is not doing well as days past".I get confused hearing this stuffs so I decided to show off and ask them.

"Mom,what are you two talking about?"i innocently asked them

"It's nothing"mom said as she glance at Mr.Yoon.

"I think you must say it to her,she has the right to know about it".Mom sighed then look at me with tearful eyes.She extend her arm.I grabbed it then look at her face.Tears fell down to her cheeks.I did'nt know what's happening at that time,All i have is the idea of mom not telling me something.As what I saw I ready myself of what the truth might be.

"Sohee,sweety"She started.I look at Mr.Yoon who's at my mom's back standing there looking at me serioulsy.I look to my mom now

"I'm really sorry if mom lied to you,it's because mom is afraid that if you knew about your heart problem you wo'nt be able to enjoy your life as a normal kid.As much as possible I want you to enjoy the beauty of life.i want you to live without no worries so mom decided to handle everything alone"She said in between her tears.

My mind seems that it really did'nt absorb anything of mom's confession.The whole story is a bit blurry to me

"Sohee,you have this heart problem that affects your heart.Your mom asked me not to let you know about anything of it.Remember you have to come here twice a week,it's because you have to be check up regularly.Your heart must be monitor"He explained.I was shocked that time

"The medicines you take is not only for colds or vatamins,it's for your heart"he continued.I looked at mom.What he said made me cried.Now everything is clear.Mom did'nt allow me to play that requires running or too much strength.She always asked what I feel.That's all for that.And that incident in the pool.That might cause my death.My body shivered at that thought.I know it's hard for mom to hide and handle things alone so instead of resenting her I hugged her.

After a few weeks.It was on the 27th of december when mom got a call from Mr.Yoon that there's a heart that is available and matches with mine.The person who gave me the heart live in Korea so mom and I had to go there without my oppa knowing it.This time,it's me who choose not to let anyone knows about my condition,specially oppa.I know what it feels like to have this burden in me so like what mom did to me,I never let Oppa knew about my heart problem.

After the Operation we flew back here in the America.Until now I do'nt have any idea who is the owner of this heart.Mom never tell me about it.All i know is she is older that me and ided in an accident.I once visit her in her graveyard.I do'nt remember her name but every 27th day of december I make sure to send a flower to her graveyard.

 

I wanted to know her family,I wanted to thank them for choosing me as the donor of her heart but I could'nt find them.Mom said it's for our good not to meet she said It will be hard for them to see the person who have their family member's heart,She's right so after that I stop on searching for them.

 

"Sweety,are you okay?"I was cut off when mom talk to me again.We are here in our house now

"yeah,I'll change first"I said then walk to my room

 

I decided to wear a blue dress.I took it out from my closet then laid it down to my bed.I start to undress myself.I look myself from the mirror.I touch the part with that mark.Mark that reminds me that the heart there does'nt belong to me anymore.i really want to visit again her graveyard.I want to say thankyou for the life she has given to me.And I'll promise to take care of OUR heart..

Tomorrow I'll asks mom about the address again of her graveyard.When I'll be back in Korea I want to visit her.