Complicated Life

Look At Me

"Boo!"

"Ahhh!"I shout when Ji Eun came from nowhere.

"Why do you have to do that?"I was a bit irritated by that

"You look so depressed this past few days"She said.She stares at me with sadness.

"What's with that face?"I ask her

"You're not trusting me.do'nt you?"She said with pouty lips.

"Who said so?"I raise my left eyebrow.

"Then tell me your problem?"

"Err,I can't tell you now"I said

"Okay,then you prove that you do'nt trust me"She said then starts to walk.

I stop her.

"Of course you are my friend.But,I have to figure it out myself before I can tell you"She stare at me once again before she leave.

"Sorry,if she misunderstand you,she'll be alright"Thunder pattted my shoulder.

Aishh..I tweak my hair.What to do?I've been waiting for Mr.Choi's return call for almost 2weeks.If only he could tell me what is the truth.But,what if that's true,How can I show my face now to JIyong.

 

RIng.Ring.Ring.

"Hello?"

"Good day Sohee,Sorry I was'nt able to call you back.I was on my leave that time.I'm already in Korea today.What's the important matter you want to know?"He said

Now my emotions are mixed up,I am nervous and scared about what will I know about and At the same time Im happy that now I will know about her,the person who saved me from my almost  death.

I sighed."Can we talk to your office?"

"yeah"

After that I end up the call,grab my bag then leave the room.

 

 

 

I was on my way to the address given by Mr.Choi,waiting for the bus to arrive.Until now,my mind can't absorb what Mr.Choi told me.I was staring at the paper he gave to me earlier.I read it once again.

I was staring at the gate of the house.I was shaking as my heart starts to beat faster.I crumpled the paper I was holding.Is it possible that this feelings in me is nothing,but rather because her heart feels that he is the brother she is longing for?What if I only see him as a brother but not the special thing I think of?.As I thought of this things there's something that stab to my heart.I hold my chest,I can't breathe properly.I open my bag to get my medicine.I always keep it in my bag for emergency.I look everywhere in my bag but it's not there.Aish,I forgot where I put it when I took one earlier I was in hurry because Oppa just came that time,I panic so maybe I put it somewhere.

I was trying to catch my breath but before I knew I was kneeling down in pain.I can't bare it anymore.

"Sohee!!"Before my eyes close I saw a man's vision.I smile,it's him.

"It's my sister's heart in you?How could you used her heart without telling it to us,her family!"Jiyong shout at me as he was holding my shoulder.I struggle to loss in his holds but he is to powerful to stop.His eyes are now in fire looking into my eyes.It hurts me seeing him looking at me with those eyes.My sob turns into crying.Warm liquids run into my face.I know it's my fault that I have her heart.I cry because of not her powerful holds but because of his pain.I can see it through his eyes.I cry because i can't do anything to ease his pain.His holds lossen up.We are staring at each other.,He turns back and start to walk leaving me standing there.I cry as i glance at his fading image.I can't breathe again.

"Sohee.Sohee.Sohee".I open my eyes then see Jiyong's face.

"huh?Where am I?"i ask as I look around.

"You're in the hospital.I saw you earlier nearly fainted in my house gate"he said then help me to sit .

"Are you okay now?"

I nod.It's only a dream.A bad dream.

"When I saw you falling on the ground and close your eyes.I was really scared"He said seriously.

I look at him.My tears, they are about to fall when the both of us was interupt by the sound of the door creeking.

"Sohee,are you alright?"Oppa said.

He hug me as soon as he get into me.

"What happened?Thanks God Jiyong was there to help you"He look at Jiyong who is unmoved.

"The doctor said she'll need a rest now and she'll be fine do'nt worry Hyung"He said then pats Oppa's shoulder

"Sohee,Are you okay now?"Daesung shout.

"ouch!",Taeyang hit his head

"We are here in the hospital"Taeyang said 

"Ow,sorry I forgot when I saw Jiyong here"He said.Jiyong look at him.

This time Oppa is the one who hits his head

"That was twice you know!!"Daesung said

"If your mouth talks nonsense I'll rip that!"Seungri said.Wow,he's growing up now,Err,I mean before he'll go with Daesung's childish side but now I think He's matured.

We all look at Seungri.

"What now?"he said cooly

"Looks like our Seungri is leaving his childish stage"Taeyang said teasing him.

"Or our Seungri is in love"they all laugh teasing Seungri.

"Stop that,Sohee needs to rest"he said trying to change the topic.

"Someone is trying to avoid the topic"Taeyang keeps on teasing Seungri.

"Of course not"Seungri said

"yah,yah,stop that.let's all go out now"Daesung said as he drag Seungri away.

"Sohee,rest well okay"Oppa said then kiss me on my forehead

"Aww,sweet brother"Taeyang said as he sneek out to the open door

"Sohee,be careful okay"Oppa said before he leave.

"Do'nt stress out again"Jiyong said before he leave.

How can you tell me Do'nt be stress out while you are the reason why I'm being stress out,that's what I wanted to tell him.I let out a big sighed before I stare at the white ceiling of the hospital.

Life is too complicated when you are still breathing,now I wonder if I die that time I'm sure I would'nt be able to experience all this hardship.Mom often stop me from doing things that harm me or my heart.I wanted to eat candies when I was at 8years old,run as fast as I could,be as normal as every kid should be.But in my condition that time If doing those things my life would have end sooner.I struggled to live, at those times my heartbeat stops and mom was crying in a corner.

 

 

"Mr.Choi"A few days after I was discharged from the hospital.I start to get uneasy feeling in my chest.So I decided to consult Dr.Choi again.

"Base on your check ups.Your heart needs to be monitor regularly"

"That's for now,take your medicine regularly okay?"

I noded.

"Can I ask you one more thing?"I ask him

"what is it?"

"About Serri"

 

 

 

"Sohee"Oppa called me from the kitchen.

"Let's eat"

"Coming!"

"Wow,this must be delicious"i said while handling my spoon and fork.

"of course"

We started to eat.I actually do'nt have appetite but I have to act that I wanted to eat before Oppa worry again.

"Uhmm,your graduation is coming,what do you want me to give you?"Oppa said

"nothing"I said

"nothing,are you sure?"

"yes,as long as we are together I do'nt need anything.."I smile at him

"Me too"Oppa said.

"Are you really okay now?"He once asked.

"yeah,I'm just a bit stress that time"

"that's good.I really do'nt know what to do if something like that happens to you again"I can see through his eyes that until now he is worrying about it.

"I'll never let again my oppa worry about me"I smile at him and raise my right hand as my promise.

"I'm really glad that you are okay now"

"But,what are you doing in Jiyong's place anyways?"I almost choke.

"Are you okay?"

"Err,I'm okay.I was passing by that time when I feel bad"yeah,I lied again.

"Ow,you should say thanks to him atleast"

"I will"

"It's hard for him to go to a hospital but for your sake he went there to save you".

"He is afraid of hospital because his family died there"I continue.

"how did you know?"oppa asked

"he told me a long time ago"

"yeah,his family died because of a fire incident"He continues

"fire accident?"

"yeah,He was 10 that time.It was Christmas eve when the fire happened"

"it must be really hard for him"i commented

"yeah,for a ten years old kid seeing your family being trapped in a warehouse that was burning it was really hard for him.Because of that incident he often look from afar.he loves his family so much,specially her sister Serri".I continue to listen quietly to oppa

"Until now he can't forget the vision that was formed from that incident.He tends to be afraid of hospital,fireworks,dark places"

"Why?"

"Because it reminds him of that past"he said in low voice.

"It happened a long time ago but still he blame it to his self"

 

As I hear it I can't breathe again.It must be hard for him to stay on the hospital that time.It's my fault.I should thank him.

"Sohee"

"huh?"

"What is it?"

"What's with what it is?"I askjed him

"You're thinking of something?"

"ahh.nope.i was just thinking about Jiyong's sister"

"Ah,Serri.She used to study in America also.She was so beautiful,smart and very kind".Wow,It's the first time Oppa said something like that for a girl.

"You like her Oppa?"

"No"he said

"I'm not buying it.It's the first time you praise a girl like that.So tell me,you like her?"I tease Oppa

"Okay fine,yeah,I really do"Oppa turned sad

"Sorry oppa"

"it's okay"

"You said she is studying in America,how come you know her?"

"Every Christmas season she came back here to celebrate with Jiyong and the family"

"That time there family have lots of competitors in the business world.Jiyong was kidnapped that time when she came back.She love Jiyong so much that she could give up her own life for Jiyong's safety.

"The kidnappers wants ransom money that time so they told that they want money in exchange to Jiyong and also they said not to bring police or else they will kill Jiyong so Serri and her mother went there to give the money but then his father called the police for back up.The kidnappers knew about it so then they took the money and place Serri and her mother together with Jiyong in a warehouse full of fire crackers to burry them in death.But before they could burn it Serri was able to managed Jiyong to escape and asked for help but it's too late.The warehouse was in fire before the help came.Jiyong did'nt cry at that time but instead he sat in a corner then curse himself for being weak.That's why he did'nt want people to come along with him because he thinks he might bring bad things to other.That's why he let himself alone.I know the feeling of being alone so when I get to know him I understand him so I took the responsiblity of being his brother."

It's the first time I understand him.And Oppa, I know that he is doing this because he sees Jiyong as his reflection.A man who used to be strong in front of everyone but a fragile inside of him.

 

-----

Life is too complicated.Life is a cycle as well as love.Not all love story ends with a happy ending because life is love,love is life.But surely when someone leaves there will be someone who will come be the better one for you.

 

Read my other story Maybe I'm Missing You

thanks