Winter moonlight

!!!Happily ever after!!!

                                              

“Under a lovers' sky 
Gonna be with you 
And noone's gonna be around 
If you think that you won't fall 
Well just wait until 
Til the sun goes down”

-LEEANN RIMES-CAN’T FIGHT THE MOONLIGHT-

 

A Christmas party has been an annual occasion organized by Sakura Holding, the biggest retail store company. The mansion was decorated with a Christmas theme, mistletoe wreath, and Christmas trees were everywhere, straight from the entrance, covered with snow. The owner, Mr Han was entertaining the guesses with his only daughter, Han Yuri, loyal to his side, wearing a lovely maroon long dress with a single sling on the shoulder. Her long and curly hair was pinned to the side. She smiled brilliantly, to the every guess she attend to, making sure everyone enjoying themselves.

“Look, who’s finally found his way here,” said Mr Han gesturing to Mr Kim who just came with two gentlemen, following behind. “Glad that you can make it.”

“Of course, how can I miss it,” said Mr Kim shaking his hand with Mr Han. “And Yuri, don’t you look wonderful tonight, right Taeyang,” he said patting Taeyang’s shoulder.

Yuri and Taeyang exchanging glances and just smiles shyly. “Mr Han, why don’t you introduce me to President Park there, I just have some interesting proposition,” eyeing Seunghyun, asking him to leave them alone.

“You look stunning,” Taeyang said as he left alone with Yuri.

“I can say the same to you,”

“I’m sorry for not keeping in touch with you since the dinner. Life gets very busy in the year end. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. I’m feeling the same way. Besides, I’m busy with the event anyway,” she said as she glancing at Yiruma, who was the musician for tonight playing ‘moonlight’ at the corner of the hall.

 “So, if that’s the case can I have a dance?” he said lifted up his hand to her.

“Certainly,” she smiled as she took his hand and moved to the centre.

“I’m sorry for interrupting, but Mrs. Lee just came and she wants to meet you,” said Chaerin coming from behind.

“I’m sorry, I need to leave. Mrs. Lee has always been an important client. This had to wait. Rain check,” Yuri said as she removed her hands from his shoulder.

“I’ll wait,”

________________________________________________________________________________

Seunghyun stares across the hall, watching her every move. She talks to Mrs Lee for a moment before Mr Lee came to join the conversation and then she jumps here and there, chatting with all the invitee. He felts something, fluttering in his stomach as he saw her smiles and sometimes he can hears her laughter echoed in his ears, although its impossible as he stood too far away from her.

“Hyung, are you listening to me?” asked Taeyang standing in front of him, invaded his view.

“Yes,” he said turning his head to face him. “ I heard your rambling about how you like her but you don’t know, if she likes you or not,” he said sipping the champagne.

“So, you do listen. Why don’t you say anything, busy looking at beautiful girls?”

“Just talk to her,ok. Ask her if she likes you. Problem solved.”

“Easier said than done. What if she doesn’t like me, what am I suppose to do. Begging, forcing or maybe, I just admit defeat.”

“Oh please, don’t be too dramatic. Do you really think anyone in this world ever dislike you? Should I name a few girls whose swooning over you and beg for your number or just being satisfied if they can be your one night stand, when we lived in Japan. There's Sakura, Jessica, Tiffany...”

“Ok, ok. I’ll talk to her,” he said raising his arm.

“What about you, hyung? No one up to your standard. There are a lot of pretty girls here. And that one seems like to be staring at you,” he said gesturing at a strawberry blonde girl in pastel, knee-length dress.

“She seems alright. Maybe she’s staring at you not me.”

“Hyung, please don’t be like this. Just talk to her, ok. Try to get to know her, who knows maybe, she’s the one.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Yuri turned off every light in the hall, climbing the stairs to go to her room when she heard someone playing to ‘moonlight sonata’. She turned around and found Taeyang sat in front of the piano.

“I thought you had left. I mean, I saw your father and Choi Seunghyun-sshi left a while ago.”

“I’m waiting for you,”

“For?” she asked with a confusing eyes.

“You owe me a dance,”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I had to entertain guesses, I’ve had my priority.”

“Seems like you just neglecting one,”

“I’m really sorry. What can I do to make up for it,” she said taking a seat beside him.

He smiles and began to play the piano. ‘Fur Elise’ resonated from the grand piano.

“I really love Beethoven.” He turns to face her. “I don’t mean love, LOVE, it’s just...you know what I mean,”

“Yes, I do too. I love him too, and I don’t mean love, LOVE,” she said chuckling. They both laughed, a faint pink rose to their cheeks.

“Let’s go outside,” he said grabbing her hand and drags her.

“What?It’s freezing out there,”

“You still owe me a dance and it has a better lighting,” he said looking at the moon.

“But there’s no music,”

He pulls out his cell phone from his pocket, searching in the music library. ‘Moonlight’ by Yiruma, echoed to the atmosphere.

“Shall we dance?” he said lifting his hands towards her.She took his hands with a smile and them both dancing, locking gaze in each other’s eyes, under the moonlight and winter’s snow.

___________________________________________________________________________________

“It’s no fun in drinking alone.” she said flashing an alluring smile. “Hi, Lee Chaerin. I followed you from the party.”

“Stalker, much,”

“Pursuer, is more I like it,” she said, sitting beside him.

He chuckled. “Choi Seunghyun,” he said shaking her hand.

“You like her, don’t you.” Seunghyun turned his head towards her. “Yuri. I just know by looking at how you stare at her,”

He scoffed. “I’m caught, am I. I thought I’m better at that, you know, pretending.”

“You’re good actually. I’m just a little observant, especially when it comes to you,” she said staring at him.“Why don’t you tell her?”

He gulped down the alcohol. “I don’t really fall head over heels for her. It’s just, there’s something in my stomach, fluttering, whenever I see her. Don’t worry; it’s not a great feeling, anyway. I’ll find a way to murder those butterflies.”

“So, you’re just a coward, then. Surrender without a fight,”

“No, not a coward. I’m just don’t wanna play in a game where I’m gonna lose,”

“Well then, I’m here for you. There’s no harm in two strangers, just talking. I don’t know about your past, I’m simply didn’t care about your future coz right now, all I wanna do is ask you to buy me a drink. I’m game if you are,”

“I’m game,” he replied, smiling and waving his hand towards the bartender.

 

 

*thank you for commenting and subscribing..=P

hope you enjoy it as much as I do..<3