The prince, the princess and the knight

!!!Happily ever after!!!

 

“Tell me that you remember me
That you remember that smile at least once
I hope we will always fall for each other and be happy
Will others know too?
Will they be able to say they've seen something like this before?
But we're just waiting for our happy ending”

-JAY PARK-HAPPY ENDING (ROOFTOP PRINCE OST)-
 

Flashback

A little girl in a black dress to her knee, sat on a swing, weeping with puffy eyes. She threw her fingers on her cheeks sweeping the streams of tears gushing down from her red eyes. She let her shoulder down staring emptily on the ground.

“Don’t cry, I’m here, I will take care of you, so just smile. You look lovely when you smile,” said a little boy lowering his gaze, his lips curled upwards. His eyes shaped like a half moon. He offered a handkerchief to the girl and she took it and swiping her remaining tears. She pressed her lips together, unable to smile.

“People die eventually, when their time is up. You don’t have to cry. When the time comes, you’ll meet them again,” said a chubby boy suddenly, coming from the back.

She stared at him, bit her lips, holding a tear.Very comforting, she thought.

“Here, have some candies,” said the boy standing beside her, grabbing her hand and put a candy on her palm. “Let’s go inside,” he dragged her, holding her hand tightly and smile again.

Both of them walk hand in hand, with the chubby boy followed them from behind. She turned her head suddenly and stick out her tongue, “me..rong.” The boy looked at her with a straight face and turned away coldly. She scoffed and turned to the front again.

Present time

Yuri sat down on a chair in front of the mirror getting ready for the dinner. She combed her natural wavy hair and fixed her makeup. Perfect.

“Do you have to do it like this? He will fall you anyway, without you even trying. You’re pretty and smart, who can ever resist someone like you?” the maid said handed her a white knee length dress.

“I know unnie, I’m just making sure he falls for me,” she said slipping into the dress. “Besides, knowing your opponent is a first step to success,” she said raising her eyebrow.

She stepped closer to the mirror and put her white flowery headband. She sprayed perfume lavishly and turned around, “How do I look,” she said whirled in front of her maid.

“Gorgeous as always,” she said following Yuri, stepping down the stairs.

She handed a bouquet of white Lily and a box of cake to Yuri and whispered to her ear, “Good luck,” she said grinning.

“I need all the good lucks I can get, thank you.” She replied with a glowing face.

“Should we go now?” Mr. Han appeared from behind startling both of them.

“Certainly,” she said stealing a glance on the full length mirror on the wall. Makeup check, headband check, perfume check, cake and flower..., right, I’m ready for my battle, she thought while fixing her hair.

“Wow, white lilies, does it signify anything?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“Just a little something for them. Don’t want to go there empty handed,” she replied gleaming, with a smile across her face. The white lily is the symbol of innocence, of that who doesn’t know what the danger is. By offering white lilies, you’ll show them your sincere love, full of respect and devotion. Her lips upturned by the thought.

Kim resident

“What a wonderful bouquet, thank you, please come inside.” Mr. Kim and his wife escorted them. Beige painted wall with floral pattern, welcoming them into the lovely house.

“Let me introduces my son, Taeyang and his childhood friend who’s like a son to me, Choi Seunghyun,” said Mr Kim pointed to the two young guys behind him. Both of them bowed down politely and shook their hand with Mr Han.

“And this is my daughter, Yuri,” he said placing his hand on her shoulder. Yuri bowed down and lowering her gaze. She cought a glimpse on the gentleman in front of her, It’s him. Just like how I remember. Nope, even better. She noticed the other guy shooting a glance at her as they move to the dining room. She glared at him, What’s wrong with him, too hot to handle perhaps, she smiled smugly.

At dinner, Seunghyun kept staring at her when he assumed nobody notice, making her uncomfortable with his gaze.

He has a strange aura, a dangerous one. The kind of sensation that can send a shiver through your spine. I have to stay away from him, she thought as she shoved the meal into . She continued chatting and eating, and sometime laughing at the jokes, ignoring the disturbing gaze.

She’s strange; she’s sly as a fox. Yes, a fox, a very sneaky fox that tries to impress Taeyang. She tried too hard, though. What’s with the get up? It’s not even a white party, Seunghyun thought as he takes a sip of plain water, still staring at her.

After dinner, Taeyang brought Yuri for a walk at the garden. I remember him now, the boy who gave me a candy at mom’s funeral. He still has the same eye smile.

“You look lovely,” he said looking at her attentively. She met his eye and lowered her gaze, looking away shyly as her cheek started to blush.

“I remember seeing you in the past. How many years had passed since then,” he said staring into the dim sky.

“Yes, and I remember you’re giving me a candy too.”

He chuckled at the statement and nodded slightly.

Taeyang excused himself and went inside the house again as they heard his father calling for him. Yuri stayed alone waiting for him to return, looking at the star that scattered on the night sky.

“Who are you?” She startled as she hear a deep voice coming from behind her suddenly.

“Wh..hat do you mean?”she said wrinkling her eyebrow, confused by the sudden question.

“I know you want to chase him aren’t you, trying hard to impress him. I know what type of girl you are. A sneaky fox and I’m not impressed either,” he said keeping his face expressionless and looking at her upside down.

She gawked at him, dropped her jaw, “I don’t know what you are talking about. Besides, I’m not trying to impress anyone, not even you,” she said trembling, trying to calm the sudden nerve. How.did.he.knows.

“I knew him since we were little and I’m not a shameless girl who’s chasing after boys. Fyi, the boys who after me, not the other way round,” she said not meeting his eyes.

“Well, since you knew him. Let me guess,” he said taking a step back.

“His favourite colour is white, likes the white lily and...a sweet tooth,” he said raising his eyebrow. As he leant closer, her body stiffen, “excuse me,” he said whispering and took a whiff.

“and he likes a floral scent too,” he said ending his investigation.

Her eyes bulged out, gaping at him, shocked by the sudden truth. She jerked away from him.

“Don’t be too surprised. You're just making it too obvious. There’s no way to charm him like that,” he continueg, smirking.

“You’re being ridiculous, I’m outta here,” she said as she walked away.

He jerked her arm and said with a low voice, “I’ll be watching you, so you remember don’t try anything stupid and stay away from him. He’s not that kind of guy for you.”

She yanked her arms and hurriedly inside. “He’s a wacko,” she muttered.

Han resident

Yuri punched her pillow, frustrated by the fact that she had been caught red-handed. “I hate him. His gaze making me goosebumps,” she said shivering remembering how he looks at her, his sharp eyes pierced into her soul.

“Who is he and how that he knows so much? Why he hates me? Did I ever break his heart in the past or what?” she let out a long sigh.

“He just ruins the moment. The unforgettable moment of me and the prince, talking under the moonlight. It was perfect until he came and destroys everything,” she groaned and put her head under the pillow trying to cast away the undesirable memory.

 

Kim resident

“Hyung, you’re not sleeping yet,” said Taeyang peeking on the door.

“No, just come in. What do you want?” Seunghyun said as he takes a seat on the couch.

“Nothing, I just want to talk to you,” Taeyang takes a seat beside him. “She’s lovely isn’t she?”

“Who?” he replied nonchalantly.

“Yuri, who else?” Taeyang said frustrated by Seunghyun’s lack of concern.

“I don’t like her; she looks like a fox looking for a prey. Just stay away from her,”

“What? Are you jealous?Aww...you shouldn’t be. Don’t worry, I'll always be by your side. Besides, what with the fox? Are you trying to say that she’s a Gumiho, a nine-tailed fox who’s trying to eat my heart? Don’t be ridiculous, hyung. You’re watching too much drama,” Taeyang said throwing a pillow at him and headed to the door.

“She is a Gumiho, you better watch your back,” Seunghyun said catching the pillow and throws it back to Taeyang whose disappeared behind the door,giggling.

Taeyang leant againts the door and whisper, "Yuri, I need to know you." He's smilling making his way to his room. 

Seunghyun stepped to the balcony and his mind wandered to the past.

Flashback

“Taeyang-ah, there’s a girl crying at the back of the house. Can you ask her to stop coz I hate seeing her like that,” the 9 year old Seunghyun said to the boy who playing with a toy car on the ground.

“Why don’t you do it yourself, I’m busy,” he replied, his eyes still fixed to the toy car dragging it back and forth.

“She’s just lost her mom, she needs someone to comfort her and..I don’t know how. You’re cute; maybe your smile can make her stop crying. Please Taeyang-ah, you know I hate seeing someone crying,” he said persuading.

Taeyang gave up and walked toward him. Seunghyun grabbed something from his pocket. “Here, give this to her,” he said handing candies to Taeyang.

He saw Taeyang walked closer to the little girl sitting on a swing. He peeked behind the wall,”Ah, finally she stops crying,” he muttered as he took steps towards them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*thanks for comments and subscribing. feel free to share your thoughts about the story so far....=P