Last Farewell

!!!Happily ever after!!!

        

“Under the same sky, at different places
Because you and I are dangerous
I am leaving you
One letter difference from ‘nim’^
It’s cowardly but I’m hiding because I’m not good enough..”
-BIG BANG-BLUE-

 

“How do I look?” Yuri said, pirouetting in front of Taeyang, smiling widely. Taeyang stood up, dazzled, his eyes fixed on the enchanting princess in front of his eyes, wearing white, flowery wedding dress, with a long veil felt smoothly from her wavy hair. His jaw dropped.

“Now, I know why people said, a woman will be most beautiful in their wedding dress, coz right now, you’re the most dazzling bride I ever saw,” he said as he walked towards her, taking a closer look.

“Thank you,” she bowed politely like a princess. 

“Hyung, you’re here. What do you think?” he asked Seunghyun who just came with Chaerin beside him.

“Not bad. I’ve seen worst,”

She glared at him. “I’ll take that as a compliment,” she said furrowing her eyebrows.

“Just ignore him. You look stunning,” Chaerin rushed to her best friend’s side, scrutinized the dress carefully. “So, where’s my maid of honour’s dress?” she said excitedly. All of them laughed at her idiosyncrasy.

“Hyung and I should change too, as you are my best man,” Taeyang put his hand around his shoulder.

“Go in first; I’ll meet you inside,”

“Ah hyung, do you still shy changing in front of me? I’m not peeking, ok,” Taeyang brought his hand on his face, parted his fingers slightly on the eyes.

“Just go,” he chuckled and shoved Taeyang into the dressing room.

“Yah, ajusshi, tell me for real. Do I really look that hideous?” Yuri asked as they left alone.

He smiled and walked slowly to her side. “You’re the most enchanting bride; I thought I’ll bewitching from your charming beauty.”

“That’s better,” she said grinning. They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment. “I’ll better go inside. Chaerin might need help with the dress.”

“and Taeyang will be waiting for me,” he said as he walked inside, glanced behind for a last look.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback

“We should head back now. Are you sober?” he asked as he broke the embrace.

“I’m not drunk.”

“I don’t know, maybe you’re intoxicated by my kiss. You look like you just caught a fever, you’re burning red,” he laughed quietly.

She lifted her head, opening slightly; she stopped as she felt a vibration in her pocket. She pulled out her cell phone, answering the call.

“Hello, oppa.I.. I’m fine,” she glanced at him. “He’s with me. We’re just gonna head home...see you then,” She gazed his eyes. “Taeyang’s waiting for me at home. I should tell him it’s over. I’m not going to make another mistake.”

He forced a smile. “If that’s what you want.” Both of them walked slowly towards his car.

“It’s the right thing to do.”

“You really like him, don’t you?”

“Yes. When I’m with him, we’re simpler, lighter. He makes me happy.” she paused. “But, with you, it’s complicated, intense. No matter how much we fight it, it’ll always pull us in.”

________________________________________________________________________________________

From far, they saw Taeyang’s white car parked in front of her mansion. He helped her with the door, held her hand, but dropped it quickly when they saw Taeyang came out from the house.

“I’m glad you’re here,” Taeyang hugged her firmly. “Do you know how worry I am when you not answering my calls?”

“We need to talk,” she said pushing him, slightly, creating a space between them.

Taeyang looked at her face and Seunghyun’s , alternately.

“Oppa,..”

“Yuri,...” Seunghyun interrupted.

“No, I need to do it myself.” Taeyang’s eyes focused on her.

“What she’s trying to say is she just had cold feet,” Seunghyun smirked. “She’s just being nervous at the fact that she’s going to be married, to you. It’s too consuming.” He turned to face Yuri. “Don’t distress yourself, Taeyang is a great man. He’ll never let you down, right?” he patted Taeyang’s shoulder, smiling. “I couldn’t be happier the two of you are getting married,” he hugged Taeyang and said his goodbye.

________________________________________________________________________________________

“I need to see him for a while, thanking him for bringing me home. I’ll meet you upstair,” she said, stopping at the bottom of the stair and headed outside.

“What did you just do that?” she asked Seunghyun, who stood against his car.

“Cause what you said earlier.” he faced her, smiling a little. “There’s a different between an intense love and the right love.... this is your chance at happiness. You deserve your fairytale.”

“We can make our own fairytale,”

“But, I can’t give you a happy ending that you worth. I’m no prince charming, I’m nobody,” he placed his hands on her shoulder. “He loves you too much, maybe more than I am; I can see in his eyes. He’s the right person for you.” he paused. “What do feel about tonight?”

“Awful.....terrible,” she shook her head slowly.

“Guilt. I felt that too,”

She smiled wearily. “I don’t want to let you go just yet,”

He kissed her forehead. “But, I need to let you go and you have, to let go,” he forced a smile. “I’ll be right next to you, as if I’m not there and when the time comes, I’ll disappear like a bubble.”

“The little mermaid?” she chuckled darkly.

“Who said there’s no male mermaid” he smiled smugly, raising his brow.

“I...I love you,” she whispered.

“..and I’ll always love you.”

 

 

 

“I was born and I met you. And I have loved you to death. My cold heart that has been dyed blue. Even if you have left, I’m still here..”

 

“True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.”

~ Barbara Johnson