Fairytale

!!!Happily ever after!!!

                                                                        Fairytale-fanpops-got-talent-9463506-400

The song ‘river flows in you’ by Yiruma echoed across the hall, a large crowd of people gathered around the piano amused by the beautiful melody and admiring the beautiful lady in white dress who played the piano smoothly and skilfully. She ended her song and the spectators applaud loudly. She stepped down and headed to an old man with some strands of grey hair peeking from his sleek black hair standing with a proud smile across his face still clapping his hands.

“Daddy,” she greeted happily.

“What a beautiful melody, young lady”. A dashing old man with a black suit came closer to them flashing a smile. Yuri bowed down slightly and her father extended his hand for a handshake to the man.

“Thank you uncle, but everyone can plays better than me, I’m still lacking.”

“Beautiful, smart and humble, what a fine daughter you have there, my friend” he said with a laughter.

“Well, she is my only angel,” Mr. Han laughed smugly and patted his daughter’s shoulder. Yuri left them to grab a drink allowing them to have a chat privately.

“She’s beautiful just like her mother, I really like her,” said Mr. Kim, his eyes never left her. “Yah, what are you thinking, she’s my daughter,” said Mr. Han shocked but still laughing.

“Yah, what are you thinking I am, a cradle robber? I like her to be my daughter-in-law, for my son not for me.”

“I know you’ll never do that. Not with Mrs. Kim around,” he said giggling and glancing around searching for Mrs. Kim and finds her chatting with his daughter just across the hall. He smiled at her and nodding slightly.

“So, what do you think, are my son good enough for her or you have somebody else in mind.”

“I don’t know yet. I'm still looking for someone who can take care of her, someone who can love her as much as I do. She is the only one I have after my wife died in the car accident when she’s only 7 years old. She suffered a lot growing up without her mother and I can’t bear to see her tears again. She has to meet someone perfect, someone who never breaks her heart," Mr. Han said sadly.

“I know, I know, you love her a lot. She’ll be happy and you gonna find her a good husband who can take care her for your behalf. Everything’s gonna be fine.” Mr. Kim said patting his best friend’s shoulder. “I’ll ask my son who stays in Japan to come home to meet you. Can you meet him for the old time sakes? You’ll gonna like him. He’s a good son.”

“Great, I never saw him for years. I think the last time I met him was at the funeral when he just 8 years old isn’t it? Of, course I’m glad to meet him, who knows he might be the one.” Mr. Kim nodded his head lightly in agreement.


At night after the party, Yuri sat on her bed prepares to sleep. “unnie, do you believe in fairytales, the prince charming with a white horse?” she asked the maid who arranging her clothes in the closet.

“Of course I do,” she said excitedly. “The handsome prince will come to save the damsel in distress and brought her away, far far away. He will fight the entire monsters along the way to save the princess,” she continued with a giggle and twirling with a dress in her hand.

“You’re watching too much drama,” Yuri said tucking under the blanket. “You know, my mom always says, my prince charming will come and we’ll live happily ever after. But now, as I grow up I soon realized, there’s no prince charming like there’s no happily ever after.” She frowned at the thought of her mother. She died in the car accident on their way back from the zoo leaving her with her father.

“Don’t worry, missy, your prince charming will finds his way to you. He just busy preparing himself to slay the dragons. The world can be dangerous sometimes,” she said calmly.

“I hope he does not lost in his way and finds another princess,” she said with laughter. “Goodnight, unnie.”

“Goodnight, my princess,” she said closing the door behind her.


Japan

“Hyung, do you know why dad asks me to come home. He does not falling sick isn’t he,” said a gentleman with a black short trimmed hair in the balcony looking at the dark night.

“I don’t know, young master, he doesn’t say much. Maybe he just misses you,” said another gentleman, tall and dark haired guy with a two cup of coffee in his hand.

“Hyung, I told you a lot of time, don’t call me young master, just call me Taeyang. We’re friends remember and you’re even older than me. Stop with all the formalities,” he said grabbing the coffee and take a sip.

“I know, but old habits die hard,” he said flashing a smile. “Maybe he just finds himself a daughter in law.”

“Yeah right, married...in this age. I’m still doesn’t live life to the fullest yet. Besides, I don’t want to get married without falling in love first,” Taeyang said and take another sip.

“It’s you who doesn’t let yourself to fall in love. We live here for years and I never see you getting intimate with anyone. There’s no girl that up to your standard, huh?” he said elbowed the guy next to him.

“Nah, it’s not that. I don’t know maybe I just not found her yet. My other half who can make a butterfly flutters in my heart,” he said adoringly and leans closer to the other guy.

He pushed him aside. “Maybe you’re gonna finds her back in Korea. You’re really needs a girlfriend or you’re gonna turn into a weirdo,” he said laughing.

He laughed out loud, “Hyung should find someone too. Until when you’re gonna be here by my side? You should get a life, hyung.”

“It’s ok, I’m fine by myself. Besides, it’s my duty to take care of you. As a token of my appreciation towards your family who was willing to raise me up. I an orphan, I have nobody except you and your family and I do not need anybody else. This is least I can do,” he said calmly smiling a little.

“Seunghyun hyung, don’t say it like that. You’re my brother, my friend. I’m always there for you. I’m all grown up; I can take care of myself. You should take care of yourself and live your life, build your own fairytale and live happily ever after.”

Seunghyun shaking his head lightly, “I’m not a little girl who you can tell a fairytale as a bedtime story. I’m old enough to know that a fairytale does not exist. You should sleep now. Don’t want to miss the flight tomorrow,” he said headed to the kitchen.

“Who knows hyung, there's plenty of damsels in distress who need to be rescued,” Taeyang said while waving his hand like playing with a sword and laugh happily. 

 

 

 

*plz comment and tell me what do you think of the first chapter...keep me motivated...=)