Lee Donghae

The Act of A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's POV

We finished packing the set at almost midnight. The cast went ahead of us, including Eunhyuk-sshi. I hope he would have a safe trip home. 

"Goodbye, sunbae-nim!" I bowed to the other crew members who were boarding the bus. 
"You're not coming with us, Donghae-ah?" Yukwon sunbae asked. 
"No, thank you. I live nearby so I don't need a lift." I smiled at the group and they bid they farewell. 

I walked happily, keeping my hand on the piece of paper that was inside my pocket. The piece of white crumpled paper that has Eunhyuk-sshi's signature. I smiled to myself and recalled the conversation I had with my idol. Now, I know this sounds so gay and stalker-ish. But Eunhyuk is my life's idol. His dancing and acting has saved me from suicide. He taught me how to dream. Eunhyuk-sshi was the one who gave me motivation to live besides all these hardships I am experiencing. What I am dreaming of right now is actually being like him. I want to be as famous as him and share my story to the world. I want to inspire people like how Eunhyuk-sshi did to me. But that seems impossible right now. I'm too busy with work that I don't have time to think of leisure. I'm an orphan and I am very poor right now. I'm even having a hard time feeding myself thrice a day. 

Let's forget about my tragic life and continue with this story. 

I was walking when I noticed the convenience store. Well, that's really convenient. I'm really hungry right now because I skipped lunch. 

I happily walked in the convenience store and bought a cup of ramen. "1,000₩, please." The cashier smiled at me. I pulled out my wallet and noticed that I only had 800₩ in it. I'm pretty broke right now. 
"Uh, can you please give me a discount?" I shyly said and showed him the contents of my wallet. 
"Fine." He sighed and gave me the cup of noodles. "It's your lucky day, little kid." He chuckled. I said my heartfelt thanks and went outside. 

I was walking my way home when I noticed an old lady sleeping at the corner. 
"Halmeoni..." I tapped her shoulder lightly. "Uhhh..." I touched her cheek and found out that she was cold. I quickly removed my jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. 
"Oh, little boy. What are you doing?" She stirred from her sleep. 
"You're cold, halmeoni. Are you lost? Have you eaten yet?" I asked her, trying to keep her warm. 
"I haven't eaten anything yet, little boy." She looked down. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter