Panic

The Act of A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk's POV

Okay, so here we are, at the hospital room. The manager was typing furiously on his phone while he was talking to someone on the other gadget. His eyebrows were creased and wrinkles were evident on his forehead. A worried and frustrated frown was printed on his face as he paced around the room. 

And what am I doing? I'm sitting here, looking at the pale, unconscious Donghae, hoping that when he wakes up, he'd give up being an idol and decide to remove the curse. 

I'm pretty sure that would happen. Because he's not well. I don't even think the company would let him perform in that state. I know it isn't exactly right to think this way but, he was the one who started it. He was the one who asked that witch to curse me. He was the one who made my life miserable. 

"Hyukjae-sshi." The manager sat beside me as he ended a call. 
"What?" I replied, trying to sound good. And, yes, after two years of working with him, I still don't know his name. I call him "hyung" or "yah" everytime we talk. 
"I will be meeting up with the company tonight. Can you stay with Donghae? There's nobody to take care of him." He pleaded. 
"But I don't know how to..." I tried to protest but he has already stood up to get his belongings. 
"You'll just stay by his side. If he wakes up, give me a call." He handed me Donghae's phone. "My number is on number one speed dial." He added before turning to leave. I wanted to protest but he was already out of the room. 

I heard the door click and I let out a frustrated sigh. I wanted Donghae out of my life, not sitting here, waking for him ti freaking wake up! 

I wanted to head home but there's something inside me that tells me to do otherwise. 

Giving up, I lied down on the couch I was sitting in and started resting my eyes. 

It wasn't fifteen minutes when I felt someone looking at me. I opened my eyes and saw Donghae gazing at me from his bed. It was creepy, I tell you. It's like one of those horror movies when a dead person turns his head and just stares at you. That creepy. 

I quickly sat up, falling off the couch in the process. My heart was beating hard against my chest from both the shock and the fear that has momentarily flushed through me. 

"You're awake..." He said weakly. 
"I wasn't asleep in the first place." I sighed, trying to calm down my still racing heart. 
"Oh..." He smiled at me and closed his eyes. 
"Wait." I stood up and sat beside him on the bed. "Are you feeling okay now?" I raised an eyebrow. 
"I think so..." He nodded, still not opening his eyes. Aish. Disrespectful bastard. 
"Okay. I'll call your manager then." I fished out his phone. 
"Do tell Jonghoon hyung that I'm fine and the schedules for tomorrow would be followed." He smiled softly, I shuddered lightly. Seriously, what's with him and oftenly smiling?
"Okay, okay." I sighed and called the manager, assuming that his Jonghoon hyung IS the manager. 

"Is he awake?" Came a tired voice. 
"Yeah. He said that he'd go back to work tomorrow." I said simply. 
"Tell him to get some rest and wait for the results of his medical check up." He said strictly. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter