The Truth

The Act of A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I was running. I never ran this fast before that my legs were starting to give out on me. I fell a few times on the concrete, scraping my knees in the process but I could care less. Donghae is more important than my image right now. He is more important than anything else, for that matter.

My surrounding went past me like a blurr. I hear cars honking, tires screeching and a few angry curses thrown towards me. I couldn't stop to say sorry. I need to see the woman as soon as possible. I have to talk to her before the hospital decides to incinerate my only friend. I have to move faster than the clock. I cannot waste anymore time. I have wasted 26 years of my life and that is enough. I need to put everything in place now. I have to set things straight. Maybe this career wasn't meant for me. And if it wasn't, it would be best if Donghae was the one to live it. I mean, he deserved this fame and fortune. He deserves to be known. His good deeds deserves to be recognized. And I cannot let it go to waste. Donghae should live. Donghae could just live my life. He can just be the star and I'll the star gazer, looking up at him and dreaming of becoming like him one day. Of becoming a gentle, selfless person like Donghae. Of becoming a friend who I once needed.

After running for hours, I finally arrived at the corner. My once drenched shirt is now soaked like I just came out of the Han River after slipping there. People were whispering to each other while pointing towards me. I know I look like a crazy idiot right now. I know I am back to that celebrity status. But I am really willing to give it all up. Yes, just for Donghae.

"Where are you?!" I shouted. The lack of air in my lungs made my voice hoarse. The people around me walked faster, trying to get away from me as much as possible. I'm still kind of thankful that this place isn't as crowded as Hongdae. I wouldn't really have to deal with the sasaengs and all those paparazzi.

"Why are you here, young man?" The voice I have been looking for finally rang throuh my ears. I spun around, coming face to face with the old wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter