Lee Hyukjae

The Act of A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Hyukjae woke up to his alarm clock's nonstop ringing.  "AISH! SHUT UP!" He shouted as he covered his head with a pillow. He needed more sleep but his schedules for the day is too hectic for him. 

Reluctantly, Hyukjae stood up from his bed and walked lazily towards the bathroom. "I really need a day off." He said, annoyed. 

"Yah. Lee Hyukjae. You better hurry up. Your variety show shoot would start in two hours." He heard his manager enter the condominium unit. The older man looked like he was in his late twenties. He also had fair skin and a smooth complexion—something that broke the manager stereotype. He has received a lot of offers from talent agaencies to be an artist but he had denied them all. He was never fond of the spotlight and preffered working behind the scenes. 
"Aish. Let them wait. I need more time to get ready." Hyukjae shouted from his bathroom, annoyance and distress evident in his voice. His manager doesn't nag him when he says those words. Yes, he was conceited but fangirls are after him and the TV stations needed him to raise their ratings. Even if he was to delay all his filmings, he would never get fired. He knew they need him and he's using that reason to keep the producers wrapped around his finger. 

He finished getting ready after two hours. It wasn't new to his manager, though. In fact, he was a little early that day and was relieved that he won't need to explain to the cast and crew of his talent's shows why they were half a day late. 
"I'll be downstairs in the car." The manager said as he saw Hyukjae finally getting his socks on. 
"Sure, sure." He waved the older man off. 

They finally set off, exactly three hours after Hyukjae woke up. The actor wasn't in any rush, though. He'd rather get stuck in traffic than to fake smiles in front of his fans. 

But that cannot be avoided. The shooting site was already full with his fans. He stepped down from his car with his dark sunglasses on. As soon as the sunlight hit his face, the fans started going wild. Fanboards, gifts and cameras were shoved onto his face. The guards were having a hard time controlling the crowd. But Hyukjae could care less. He flashed a fake smile—which fangirls took as a genuine one—and started his way towards the crew. 

"Good morning, Eunhyuk-sshi." A crew greeted him but he went past the poor man and walked his way to the tents. He signalled to the make-up artists to get him ready. The whole crew was suddenly busy at the arrival of the celebrity. 

"Ouch! YAH!!" Hyukjae hastily stood up an glared at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter