Fated Endings

The Act of A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since Donghae was confined. I have been doing the same boring things every single day—sit there, buy medicine and food, peel fruits, feed him. I'm getting tired of it. Like, really tired. I'm getting bored. I hate doing the same things over again for a long period of time. Plus, he seemed fine. He'd tell me worthless stories about his life, sleep and then wake up to ask for a glass of water and sleep again. I even think that he's doing all these things on purpose. 

"Eunhyuk-sshi." His hoarse voice almost sounded like the wind—quiet and weak. 
"What?" I sighed. 
"Am I being a burden?" Well, that's the million dollar question over there. I don't know if he's being a burden to me. It's not like I don't have anything else to do aside from sitting here. 
"I don't think so." I replied. Okay. That's a lie, Lee Hyukjae. He's a burden to you. And there goes the annoying voice again. 
"Are you sure?" He smiled brightly, hiding the pain I'm sure he was feeling. 
"Yeah. It's all fine." I nodded. 
 

"Hyukjae-sshi..." Donghae gazed weakly at me.
"What now?" I sighed, putting down the apple that I was peeling.
"Thank you..." He smiled.
"For what?" I raised an eyebrow. If I remember it right, I didn't do anything good to him. Well, none that I am aware of.
"For inspiring me to continue living. For giving me the chance to taste how it's like to be an idol. For making it possible for me to dream."
"When did I do that...?"
"Ever since you stood onstage for the first time. Ever since I saw you dance onstage..." Okay, that sounds creepy. "I have always admired you for your talent. You have changed my life, Eunhyuk-sshi. I'm really really thankful for being able to meet a person like you."
"You're welcome, I guess?" I smiled at him.
"And thank you for taking care of me when nobody was willing to." I didn't like the idea too, though. I just got used to ir, I guess.
"Donghae-sshi..." I sighed. Well, I should tell him this so the guilt won't linger for too long.
"Yes?"
"I'm really sorry for the way I treated you. I was being an towards you, my fan who was dreaming on becoming like me. I'm really sorry. As a way of paying back, I promise I won't lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter