Start Of Something New?

Crush At First Sight

You took a deep breath.

Okay. It’s now or ever. You thought.

“You guys ready?” Sungneul, a candidate for the school’s student council President asked, shifting looks to you and the other people beside and behind you.

“Yes!!” You all said in unison.

She then knocked on a door twice, making your heart beat fast. But it didn’t open, so Sungneul knocked loudly, making you even more nervous. The door opened quickly, and a slight wind brush into your face, making you shiver. All the students including you walked inside quietly. The scent of the senior’s room makes you want to puke. There’s this scent of sweat coming from the guys who just finished playing basketball, and there’s this stinky smell coming from the ladies way - smells like the whole bottle of perfume was poured to their bodies. This made you stop walking.

“What’s the matter? You’re nervous?” Seulhyo, one of your best friends, asked.

“No, I’m perfectly fine.” You said brightly.

“I just thought that it would be the perfect time to fart.” You added.

Seulhyo giggled by your joke and pushed you towards the center to join the other students. The introductions started at the first year representatives.

Finally, it’s your turn to speak. At your first try, you opened your mouth but no words got outside.

“Ahem.” You cleared your throat very loudly, and that actually caught the attention of all the students inside the room.

The teacher smiled due to the impression you left.

“Uh…” You hesitated at first.

“I-I’m Lee Eunmi, freshman, running for the secretary’s position, I am hoping for your support and votes. Please don’t judge me by my appearance, some of you might think that ‘she’s too young’ ‘why did they gave her that position?’ ‘she can’t do it’ ‘she will fail’ etc. You still don’t know what I’m capable of what I am capable of doing. Wanna know what are those? Vote me then. Thank you.” You finished with a smile and bowed.

Seulhyo clapped out of somewhere, and the next thing you knew, the whole class is clapping. This made you smile more widely.

Those endless introductions went on as your group entered different classrooms.

“Are we complete?” Sungneul asked.

“Wait!” A voice said.

You all turned at the direction of the voice and there you saw Seulhyo running fastly.

“Auditor, you should tell us if you’re going somewhere!” Sungneul reminded.

Seulhyo just nodded like there’s no tomorrow. You saw the tag on the door.

II – Artemis… You read on your mind.

Let’s just hope there is something good in here. You thought.

Sungneul knocked on the door and it opened slowly. As always, your group entered quietly. The moment you faced the crowd, you blushed as you see a cute boy in front of you with a lollipop in his mouth and fanning himself. You just looked down so that nobody will notice. His cute face won’t leave your mind. You admired each and every single positive traits of him. That sparkling eyes, big yet attractive ears, nose that you imagined sniffing your scent, cute cheeks, luscious lips, spiked hair, and his innocent posture – closed knees and feet, straight back touching the back of the chair, and the gentle sway of his hand as he fanned himself.

Oh he’s so perfect! I wonder if –

“Eunmi, it’s your turn.” Sungneul cut off your thought by elbowing you.

“Oh yeah. Uhm… This is I, Eunmi.” You said gaining laughter from the cute boy you were just admiring a little while ago.

Oh gosh he’s so cute! You blushed.

You looked down again, so that nobody will notice.

“I’m sorry about that.” He said when he saw you looked down.

You lift up your face and continued

“I-I’m hoping for your votes. I’m running for the secretary’s position. Thank you.” You said quickly, more like you rapped.

You looked at him and saw him napping. You didn’t even felt bad because he didn’t listen to your introduction, you just squealed to yourself.

Finally, your group finished going room by room and separated. You walked towards I – Milkyway’s room and Seulhyo at I – Venus’.

I had the best day of my life so far today!

You thought as you smiled by yourself like a fool.

--------------------

Yoseob’s POV

“It’s so hot today!” I whispered to myself as I fanned my face. Just then, a group of students came inside our classroom.

Nah, nothing new. I thought.

My lollipop is already melting; it’s starting to get small.

I really hate the moment when I’m about to finish my lollipop. I don’t even know why.

“This is boring.” I whispered to Taewon, my seatmate. He just nodded.

Honestly, I’m not even participating in this election thing. I was about to nap when a girl, maybe she’s the president, elbowed the little girl beside her. That little girl seemed that she’s spacing out, maybe she’s also bored.

“Oh yeah. Uhm… This is I, Eunmi.” That little girl called Eunmi said.

I burst out laughing.

What kind of introduction is that?! But she’s pretty cute huh.

Then I noticed her looked down.

Oh is it because I laughed?

“I’m sorry about that.” I said apologetically. I just buried my face on my desk so she can introduce herself properly. I still heard her introduction. She said it very fast, but clearly. She’s still cute.

I had much fun today.