Bed Time

Behind Closed Doors

 

 
I walked towards TVXQ's dorm being extra conscious of the people around me. I didn't want one of the band members to follow me. Once I reached the building, I climbed the stairs slowly, giving myself time to think about something witty to say. Once I stood in front of the building, I raised my hand to the door to knock. Before my hand had contact with the door, it opened. Yunho looked like he was about say something but ended up frozen in time. He stopped completely in the doorway and just stared at me. Once it became uncomfortable I tried a witty statement that I hadn't planned.
 
"Well, are you gonna let me inside? I walked all the way here. The least you could do is let  me in after I practically just froze my cheeks." 
 
"Oh. Sorry. You just look... hot." he said. I tried on everything I love to fight the blush that was forming on my cheeks. I think he was too distracted to notice my failure though. 
 
"Do I not usually look this 'hot'?" I replied.
 
"Well, no. You try though." he replied, suddenly back to normal. I made a sad face at him. 
 
"You ." I said pouting. 
 
"I'm sorry. I take it back." He gave me a back hug and I leaned into him. "You never look hot." he laughed. I glared. "Kidding, kidding. How was the walk here?" 
 
"I laid low. Kept my hood on. No one really noticed me."
 
"I meant like how cold it was... but I guess we should talk about this."
 
"Okay. I'll just put it out there. I think we should keep 'us' a secret." he nods, his face falls a little but doesn't speak so I continue. "Baby, it's not that I don't want to be public with you as much as it is that I can't go public with you. I don't like to think about this but you're seven years older than me, Yunho. Do you know how that would look? I'm not even 18 internationally. And you're 24. You're an adult and I'm not. I just don't want anyone to use dating me as a reason to hurt you."
 
"If that's what you want then I'm okay with it. I just wish we could be public but I understand what you're saying but I want you to know that I understand the risks and I am willing to take them if I get to be with you." I smiled and hugged him.
 
"So are we okay?" I asked looking in his eyes. 
 
"Of course. I mean, you called me baby, you used the word 'us' and we haven't even gone our first date yet. I don't know if this is all right to ask now but are we like official now?" 
 
"So what if I called you baby? You were calling me babe on the phone. And I'll have to see how tonight goes before I decide if you're good enough company."
 
"Fine. Do you like Italian food?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Good, because I made spaghetti."
 
"With meatballs or meat sauce?"
 
"Meat sauce." I smiled. 
 
"Good memory.", I said as I make a check in the air. I patted him on the head even though I had to stretch to do it. After that, he served me food. It was wonderful even though I'm used to it. Who knew a man could look so y in an apron. We ate dinner and talked a lot about our music and our band mates. It was actually one of the best nights I've ever had. After we ate, we sat on the living room floor and listened to Christmas songs. It was a little early for Christmas but we didn't care. We just listened and didn't speak as I rested my back on his bent leg as my legs laid over his. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt like I could stay there until the Nile ran dry. I looked up at him after 4 or 5 songs. We locked eyes and we were slowly moving towards each other. I figured he would kiss me but he was hesitating so much that I got distracted. I looked at the clock and freaked out. 
 
"Yunho! It's almost 11!", I yelled, jumping out of his arms.
 
"Why are you yelling at me?! I'm not the one who has a bed time.", he said as he sat on the floor looking up at me. I tried so hard to stay angry. I start walking towards the door. I hear his footsteps following behind me.
"I was just kidding.", he said. I didn't answer even though I was smiling. "Taeminnie", he pleaded. "Babe, I-", he stopped speaking when I stopped walking. I turned around, put my hands on either side of his face and crashed my lips onto his.