A Moment

Behind Closed Doors

 

The next day I had to get up early for schedules but the second I finished I went straight to Yunho's dorm. He told me that he was going to be alone today and I wanted to surprise him. I knocked on the door and waited. He opened the door looking happy but he was completely surprised by my presence.
 
"Hi." I said. I grabbed the sides of his shirt and pushed him into the house and locked the door behind me. "So I was thinking we could continue from where we left off. I started to kiss his neck and his chest but his hands stayed by his side. I stopped and looked up at him. It was the same face he gave me last night.
 
"What's going on with you?" I asked as I sat down on the couch in defeat.
 
"Nothing." he replied stoically.
 
"Let me rephrase that. Why won't you touch me, Yunho?"
 
"What do you mean?" he replied.
 
"I'm asking the questions here. You know exactly what I mean. Did something happen? Did I do something wrong?"
 
"No, Taemin."
 
"Then what is it?" I said frustratedly.
 
"I just think that we should wait until you're older."
 
"I am 18 already. What do you want to wait for?"
 
"Maybe when our ages start with the same number. When our ages are within the same decade."
 
"You're kidding, right? I'm not gonna wait two years to sleep with my boyfriend."
 
"I just don't want it to seem like I'm forcing you into anything." he said.
 
"Does it seem that way to you? What is wrong-"
 
"I just don't want to hurt you!" he yelled. "Is that wrong?"
 
"Yeah. It is wrong because you wouldn't be is cautious with somebody else! Someone your age! I don't know how you could think that you were forcing me! I love you Yunho! I always have. I love you more than anyone else on this earth. And I know you love me but how is is going to work if you won't touch me until I'm 20. Where is this coming from?"
 
He shrugged.
 
"Am I not mature enough for you?"
 
He stayed silent. I walked to the door. 
"You know what? I'm not a kid. And if I'm not mature enough for you then maybe you should find someone who is." I closed the door and walked home as fast as I could. As I tried to unlock the door, my hand started to shake and the tears started to fall. When I opened the door I was sobbing. I ran into my room and slipped under my blanket and cried into my pillow. I heard the door open. It was Onew. 
 
"I don't want to talk about it." I said through tears.
 
"I know." he said as he pulled up the covers and laid down next to me. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and found that Onew was gone. I walked out of my room and into the kitchen and he was sitting at the table doing a puzzle.
 
"Good morning." I said. He looked up from his puzzle and smiled. He got up and went to the microwave and put a plate down across from him at the table gestured for me to sit. I sat down and started eating. He made me waffles with strawberries on top and bacon. My favorite even though Key usually makes. I tasted it and it was amazing. 
 
"Since when is your cooking good?" I asked.
 
"It always has. I went to culinary school for a summer. I just don't use my skill that often. Too lazy." he replied proudly. 
 
"Hmm." I said with a mouth full of waffle. "It can be our secret. You can make delicious food only for me." he laughed.
 
"Okay. So... I know that you may still want to avoid this but what happened last night?"
 
"Yunho and I got into a fight."
 
"What about?"
 
"He wouldn't touch me because he still feels weird about the age difference or something."
 
"Hmm."
 
"Was I wrong to get angry?"
 
"No. Not at all. But maybe give him some time. Maybe something happened to make him think that way all of sudden. He could have seen something on tv or he could have heard some conversation that suddenly made him doubt himself. He loves you though. I know by the way he looks at you so maybe he's just having a moment. Key has moments all the time." he said. I was about to reply when my phone rang. It was Yunho.