Black and White

Behind Closed Doors

 

That night, I went home early. I surprisingly slept well and woke up the next without giving it much thought. I avoided it a lot really. But when the tour started a few weeks later, I couldn't avoid it any longer. The plane ride was fine but once we were on land things changed. Once we had situated ourselves in our rooms, which I shared with Key, I decided to go down to the pool. I figured that everyone else was sleeping after the long plane ride. I wasn't tired because I took a nap on the plane intent on avoiding speaking to anyone, especially Yunho-who. I laugh to myself at the fact that I used to call him that in hopes of disguising the subject of my conversation but it was absolutely obvious who I was referring to by the way I detached the "who" from the "Yunho". I decided to get into the hot tub. I closed my eyes once I had gotten comfortable in the wonderful heat. The next time I opened my eyes. I was greeted by Yunho's figure approaching the pool area. A shirtless Yunho. They were two very different people. 
 
"Speak of the devil", I mumbled to myself.
"Huh?" he replied confusedly. I remained silent.
 
"I can leave if you want me to." he continued.
 
"No, hyung. Please. I don't mind at all." 
 
Yunho put his towel to the side and sunk his body into the hot tub. The way every single one of his abdominal muscles flexed on his way down was unbelievable. That was he moment that I realized what my feelings were for him. I yearned for his touch. Even the most platonic high five from him had such power over me. He moved slowly across the tub, testing the waters before he grabbed my neck and his face came close to mine. Suddenly I realized that the room was glass all around. I pushed him away and gestured to the view outside. He gave me a confirming "oh" yet he didn't make a sound.
 
He decided to speak again, "Do you want to hang out maybe? Just as friends." 
"Sure", I replied skeptically. Although I wanted this man as so much more than friends, I found great value in his offer and agreed to it keeping my excitement to myself since I didn't want to seem too childish. Yunho is seven years my senior.  I didn't want to seem too terribly inexperienced even if I truly was. We both went upstairs to change and inform our band mates that we were leaving. I kind of dressed up for the event and Yunho seemed f  to as well. After awkwardly greeting each other again,  Yunho and I then took a cab to Beverly Hills. We just walked through the neighborhood admiring the American architecture. Yunho moved closer to me each step, allowing our arms and legs to brush against each other. I smiled at his effort to make innocent contact. 
 
"Let's play 20 questions.", he suggested.
 
"Okay. You start.", I replied.
 
"What is your favorite color? Mine is or are black and white."
 
"Hmm... So you have a dark side. I'll make a note of that. My favorite is white." 
 
"I am not dark."
 
"The colors don't lie. Anyway, what is your favorite holiday? I would say Christmas. There's so much white snow and white lights and it's just really pure and nice."
 
"Mine is Christmas also for the same reason plus I think it's really romantic. I think it's the best time to be with someone you love."
 
"You're so...eloquent and romantic and passionate and insightful. All the things that girls look for in a man. I'm really glad you chose me over them." 
 
He blushed. Did I just make a 24 year old man blush? I think I did.
 
"What language would you want to learn to speak? I want to learn Italian because I want to do a long vacation there one year. I want to spend some time studying history there. I am interested in art and architectural history."
 
"Wow. I also want to learn Spanish but it's only because I really like soccer and the food there."
 
"Such a fatty.", he laughed. I laughed too.
 
"What's your favorite thing about America?", I continued. "I love the culture of music here. I love the clothes associated with hip hop and I love the hip hop music here in general. I love their popping style. I hope that I can study dance here when I get older. Maybe in New York."
 
"I'll remember that. I have to say that Thanksgiving is one of the best things here. I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving one year and I swear I think I ate enough to last a week. The food is so unhealthy sometimes but it was an unforgettable meal."
 
"Who's the fatty now?" He smiled at me. I lost my train of thought and any awareness of my surroundings. Suddenly I felt someone pull my arm hard.
 
"Ouch"
 
"Taemin-ah, you nearly walked into a manhole. You nearly scared me to death." he said with concern, his arm still holding onto mine. We hooked arms and continued walking.
 
"Oh, sorry. Thanks. Anyhow, what's your favorite song by SHINee? Mine is Lucifer."
 
"Hmm...understandable since you dance it best. I like Real. It has a good message and I like the sound of it." 
 
"Awww, thanks hyung." I said acting cute. 
 
"Gosh, you may be the cutest thing in SM." I blushed even though I was looking for the compliment. He smiled and continued, "So, since it's completely obvious that you already know all of the TVXQ songs by heart like everyone else on this earth (note the sarcasm), what do you like about TVXQ as a band? I would say that we look good together and we get along really well."
 
"I would say that I like the manliness of the group. You guys are all so like big and manly. It's not that I don't like being small but being compared to other guys in SM like you guys makes me seem malnourished." I pout and pinch my hip to emphasize the lack of real mass on my body.
 
"Girls fall over you but you're still the cutest thing ever. I'm jealous of that. And you guys can sing Noona Noemu Yeppeo and it's all right. My noonas are like actually old." 
 
I laughed. It's sweet that he tried to comfort me. 
 
"So, who's your favorite member of SHINee? I think mine is me of course."
 
"I'd have to agree. Plus it helps that I hate all of the other members."  
 
"Oh my gosh, I hate them too. We have so much in common. It must be meant to be."
We laughed. A lot. Once we regained our breath Yunho asked his question.
 
"Who's your favorite member of TVXQ? Mine is Yunho."
 
"Oh, I don't know. I think Changmin's high notes have been getting to me lately. I might just have to say Changmin."
 
"Oh.", he replied simply. His face fell. 
 
"I'm kidding." I pushed him playfully. "Lighten up. Old people can be so serious."
 
"Who are you calling old?" He picked me up and held me over a nearby fountain. We weren't even in Beverly Hills anymore. It must have been a long time. 
 
"Put me down, hyung! You fool! Hyung!" I was getting more whiny by the second but I was still laughing hysterically. 
 
"What do you say?" he threatened.
 
"Hyung, you know that I know that you're the best in all of SM!" he finally put me down. I brushed off my shoulders and glared at him. He smiled. 
 
"Ready to go?" I realized that the sun was setting slightly already. I nodded. He hailed a cab and we headed back to the hotel for the night.