Eskimo Kiss

Behind Closed Doors

 

 
Taemin's POV
 
I remember the first time I met him. The other members of SHINee and I were at the SM  building along with TVXQ!, SNSD, Super Junior and many of the other groups for a party. We were supposed to get to know each other better since in about three weeks, we were supposed to travel with each other to foreign countries. The intent of the party may have been successful for other people but I was distracted for most of the party. Manager hyung brought us over to meet TVXQ.
 
"Hey", he had said.
 
I remember being already nervous by their presence. They were so much older than I was. I bowed to him and said "Hello" with the one breath that he hadn't taken from me. His stare was so enthralling. I couldn't think straight. I'm surprised I remember the events. After that we introduced ourselves to some other groups, making the rounds around the party all the while I kept glancing over at Yunho so intrigued by his very existence. I didn't know what I was feeling. I especially didn't know when I caught him glancing at me also. When we met gazes, unlike most other people who would look down and blush, we held the gaze. I wasn't embarrassed by what I felt because I didn't know what it was. I decided to go to the bathroom to think things through. I walked into the bathroom and quickly splashed water on my face. After I dried my face, I looked in the mirror. I rubbed my eyes. I even pinched my shoulder but I couldn't shake the feeling of vulnerability. Suddenly, the door opened. I didn't move. 
 
It was Yunho. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a stall and pushed me against the wall. I didn't speak. Not one word. I couldn't even muster up a facial expression that would explain how I felt. I just thought, my face blank and my eyes fixated on his face. He spoke.
 
"I know that this is wrong. So wrong but I just feel so much for you. I don't know what I feel but it's piling up in my brain and I can't take this any longer."
 
"I-" is all that came out before he interrupted me.
 
"I know, I know. This is a stupid thing to do at the SM building in a public bathroom but I can't think straight around you. I think I like you." 
 
I didn't say a word. I tried. I desperately tried and my brain was exhausted by the time he broke the silence once again.
 
"I'm sorry. This was a mistake. You must think I'm some kind of ert. My career is over. I'm so sorry." His hand went to unlock the stall. Suddenly, I think some of the little oxygen I was breathing had finally reached my brain. I grabbed his shoulder and moved him back into the position he was standing in before. I let my hand fall back to my side and stared at him once again in silence. Then his forehead was on mine, his hands found themselves on my hip bones. We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like years until his nose touched mine. Our mouths were so close that I could feel his breath cooling my skin. 
 
"Your skin is so cold." He said. His voice faded into the conquering silence. He began to trace every inch of my face with the tip of his nose. His lips so close. He came back to meet my nose. He caressed my face with his nose and something compelled me to reciprocate his touch. Our noses and faces interacted in a way similar to an Eskimo kiss but with us it was more like Eskimo making out because of the intensity that was seizing  every single one of our pores. The only sounds in the room were our shallow breathing and the gasps that escaped our lips until he spoke.
 
"You're so gorgeous...so perfect...so beautiful."
 
Suddenly he slowed down. He moved his face even closer if that was possible.
 
"I shouldn't be doing this, should I?" He stopped yet he kept his forehead connected with mine.
 
Before I could answer his question, he interrupted me again, "I can't do this. I'm sorry." 
He caressed my cheek with his hand and then walked out of the bathroom.