Rainbow

Behind Closed Doors

 

-Dinner Time-
 
Key made dinner that night. It was nothing special. This was no special event. The interesting part was the conversation. Now that they all knew about each other, they wanted to know all of the dirty details and hey weren't subtle about asking. 
 
"So... Who's the guy again?" Onew said looking pointedly at Jonghyun.
 
"Uh...Baekhyun." Key answered.
 
"How long have you been together, Jonghyun?" Onew asked directing all of his attention to Jonghyun. This time though, Onew's stare was accompanied by another three sets of eyes piercing through his skin,
 
"Since maybe a month before they debuted." Jonghyun said nervously.
 
"So it's been awhile then? Huh." Onew replied resuming with his meal.  
 
"Yeah. It has." Jonghyun replied eating as well. 
 
"Is he a good kisser?" Key asked.
 
"Why do you want to know?" Onew said looking up from his food.
 
"It's just a question. Chill out." Key replied.
 
"Why am I the only one being interrogated anyway?" Jonghyun said, "Taemin, ow long have you and Yunho been together?"
 
"A long time. A year next month." Taemin said smiling.
 
"Wow that's such a long time." Jonghyun said feeling a little jealous.
 
"Onew and Key have been together a lot longer." Taemin said plainly.
 
"Yup. Three years in two months. And he better not forget about it." Key said glaring at Onew.
 
"I said sorry like a billion times." Onew said whining.
 
"Not cutting it. And I made it easy for you. I didn't make you remember months or weeks. I said we only have to celebrate on Valentine's Day and our anniversary. But no, you couldn't even remember the day that you made a fool out of yourself confessing your love to me. I even slapped you to help you remember. Maybe I should do it again."
 
"No! Please, no." Onew said. 
 
"So, has everyone lost their ity?" Key asked. Jonghyun spit out his drink.
 
"I guess we all know who hasn't, huh." Key said laughing at Jonghyun's reaction.
 
"No!" Jonghyun said quickly. Key gave him a look.
 
"Fine. I haven't." 
 
"Oh gosh." Taemin said.
 
"Taemin? You've lost yours?"
 
"I mean,...yeah. Like a year ago." Taemin said blushing. "But that doesn't mean you're behind or anything." 
 
For the rest of dinner, the guys just talked about other stuff they were doing, how their schedules went that week, and what they wanted to do in the future. They tried to avoid the subject of what would happen to their careers if people found out. After dinner they all went to sleep. The next day, however, was much more eventful. Onew's phone rang loud in Onew and Taemin's room. Key, who had been sleeping in Onew's bed reached over Onew and answered it. 
 
"Hello?" Key said, his fatigue clear in his voice.
 
"Hello, is this Onew?" A female voice resonated from the other line.
 
"No. This is Key." 
 
"Oh, hello Key. Could you put Onew on he phone?" 
 
"He's asleep." Key said. "What's going on?"
 
"Um...Lee Soo Man wants to see you in the SM building today. He said it was urgent."
 
"Umm...okay. I'll get the guys ready...Yeah...Okay...Bye." Key ended the phone call. Onew was half awake.
 
"What was that all about?" Onew said wrapping his arms around Key's waist and starting to place open-mouthed kisses on his neck.
 
"Baby..." Key whined. Onew started to on his sweet spot. Key moaned through his words, "Baby... Not now...we have...to go...to the SM building.... Now."
 
"Why?" Onew said, much more awake now as he disconnected his lips from Key's neck for a split second. 
 
"Leeeee...Soo Man."
 
"He wants to see us." Key said finally pushing Onew away. "Oh ! He wants to see us! Guys!!!!! Get uppp!!!!!" Key said. Minho came rushing into the room with Jonghyun lagging behind. 
 
"Taemin!" Key yelled.
 
"First I had to listen to your morning and now you want to wake me up at 7am. That is not gonna work." Taemin said groggily.
 
"Lee Soo Man wants to see us, Taemin!" Key yelled. Taemin's upper body shot up off his bed. 
 
"Huh?!" Minho and Jonghyun yelled simultaneously.
 
"!" Taemin said.
 
"Watch your mouth!" Key yelled.
 
"Sorry."
 
"Oh gosh. My heart is racing. I can't think. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. Oh goodness. Say it again, Taemin."
 
"Say what?" Taemin replied looking at Key weird with the rest of the group.
 
"You know."
 
"?"
 
"Yes. That is EXACTLY what I'm feeling."
 
"Chill out, guys. You never know. Maybe he wants to tell us that we're going on tour." Jonghyun said,
  
"Come on, Jjong. Even I'm not that naive."
 
"He makes a little bit of sense. Let's not freak out until we are sitting in those chairs in his office."
 
-In those chairs in his office-
 
"Suddenly these chairs are so much more uncomfortable." Key complained.
 
"True." Jonghyun said. Suddenly Lee Soo Man walked in. They got up and bowed and did their whole "Bitnaneun Shinee" hoopla. 
 
"Sit, boys." Soo Man said. They sat down together like his own little puppets. They noticed other people in the room. They figured that they were also pretty high up on the SM ladder. Suddenly, they all felt so small.
 
"So, I get a call this morning and some teenage boy spoke on the other line. Who knows how he got my number but I'll worry about that late because he said something that truly left me dumbfounded. He told me that SHINee is gay. At first, I was angry and figured it was some anti. Then he said that SHINee is literally gay. He told me he had proof and hat he wasn't afraid to use it. Is this true?" Lee Soo Man said in a calm voice. The boys stayed silent.
 
"It's true isn't it?" he continued. The boys maintained the silence.
 
"What am I supposed to do now? How will the fans react to this? How will the rest of the company react to this? How will partner companies react to this?!" His voice slowly increased volume. "Please don't tell me your boyfriends are in SM too!" SHINee had gained mastery at the quiet game. "Oh goodness. What am I supposed to do? Should I change your name to Rainbow or Unicorn?!"
 
"That name is already taken." Jonghyun added where it was clearly unnecessary. Key kicked him. Hard.
 
"Would you like to join them?!" Soo Man yelled. 
 
"It really isn't as bad as it seems." Onew said. "This could help us."
 
"Yeah. Fans want us to be gay." Key added.
 
"Since when?" Soo Man asked.
 
"Since SHINee fanfiction has existed." Key said, "Here. I'll show you." Key signs into his fanfiction account on the computer. 
 
"You forgot the 'm' in monkey." Taemin said.
 
"No. It's supposed to be OnKey. As in Onew plus Key. It's our couple name."
 
"You guys our dating each other?!" Lee Soo Man said.
 
"Uhh...yeah. But don't worry we have a huge fan club." Key said. Key continued to show Lee Soo Man all of the different fanfiction sites, YouTube videos and comments from some of the shawols online. 
 
"I guess we could work with this. But we would have to out you guys before this mystery teenage boy holds it against you. It even might be easier if you come out with your...significant others. Especially if they're in SM. Tell them that this is their chance to stop living a lie. Are you guys okay with that?" 
 
The SHINee boys looked at each for a second before nodding.
 
"Then it's settled. We have to act fast so tomorrow is the day."