Babe

Behind Closed Doors

 

The next day, I was in an especially good mood. I still felt the warmth of his arms around me and his deep, concerned voice as he stormed into the dorm. I was on cloud nine and it had all the silver lining I could want. That is two phrases mixed into one but I don't know what I'm saying. I ignored the confused looks of the other members and just continued my errands for the day. I practiced some singing, dancing and I finished some homework. We were all just sitting around after awhile. Around 5 Minho suggested that we play a game.
 
"Hey guys, do you wanna play monopoly or something?"
 
"Okay!", I replied quickly. I was super bored so I was game. Everyone gathered around the table as Minho set up the board. Suddenly, my phone rang. Everyone stared at me. I grabbed the phone off of the able before anyone can see the caller ID. I made a mental note that I have to come up with a nickname for him that isn't too obvious so I could use it as my caller ID. 
 
"I have to take this.", I said to the guys before I walked into my room and closed the door. I clicked the send button.
 
"Hello?", I said, hoping to hear Yunho on the other side. 
 
"Don't faint on me, babe." he laughed. "I'm serious though."
 
"Ha. Ha.", I said somewhat angrily. I laughed after a second though. 
 
"How are you?" he said.
 
"I'm good. You?"
 
"I've been thinking about you all day. I haven't seen you for nearly 24 hours. I'm going through withdrawal." 
 
"I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not."
 
"It's not."
 
"Aw... Well then I missed you too. A little. I'm surviving though." He laughed.
 
"Ouch. I'm pouring out my here and getting nothing in return. Anyway, I was thinking about our date and well I'm alone at the dorm right now and-"
 
"I just want to establish something. We are not gonna do it on the first date."
 
"I didn't think so. Such a dirty mind Taeminnie. Maybe you're not so innocent after all." I feel my cheeks get hot. "You're blushing aren't you?" 
 
"Shut up, hyung." 
 
"I'm pouting, babes. Anyway so do you wanna come over? I could make you dinner. The guys say that I cook really well. Maybe even better than Key." He whispered the last sentence. I laughed.
 
"Umm...sure. I guess that would be okay."
 
"I mean you don't have to come. You did say you were surviving. I guess you could survive a little longer without me."
 
"No! I mean...I'm coming. It's boring here anyway."
 
"Good to hear. See you soon?"
 
"Can't wait." I said plainly.
 
"You sound overloaded with excitement.", he said sarcastically.
 
"Oh shut up, hyung." He laughs. 
 
"Bye, babe." I blush again. He laughs some more. "You're blushing again."
 
"Stop calling me that and bye." His laugh was cut off by me hanging up the phone. I ran to my closet to pick something to wear. I chose one of my favorite outfits. It was casual but it was hot.
 
 
I walked out of my room and headed straight for the door in hopes of leaving unnoticed. 
 
"Where are you going?", he said. I recognized Key's voice. I turned to face them and found them all staring at me. 
 
"And why are you going there looking like that?", Jonghyun chimed in.
 
"Like what?", I replied, angry that Jonghyun even felt like he was welcome in the conversation. 
 
"I don't know. Like risqué."
 
"Are you kidding? I'm late so if you'll excuse me." Unlike most people I wait for an answer. Key looks as though he wants to ask more questions but he stopped himself. 
 
"Sometimes I forget that I'm not your real mother. You can go but you better tell me about what it is exactly that you are doing soon." I nod even though I'm not sure when soon might be. I walked down the stairs and stepped into the evening air and smiled to myself as my feet began to hit the pavements.