Only the second day

The New Guy

 

I said we would go back to our main idiots, the emotion-blind idiots that this story is about, so here we are.

 

When they left Ama’s studio, they went directly to the bus stop. Monkey and Val waited few minutes, none of them breaking not-so-awkward silence, both remembering their few eyes-in-the-eyes moments back in the apartment. The bus came and they got on, sitting at the back, still silent. Valerie put her headphones on, like she always did before. After a moment, she felt a hand on her arm and turned to see whose it was.

 

Of course, it was Eunhyuk. Who else could it be?

 

She took a headphone off and waited for him to say what he had to say thinking to herself how hot and cute and perfect he was up to now.

 

She realize not long after he was staring blankly at her.

 

-Uh? What are you staring at? Didn’t you want to tell me something? I can’t guess it, you have to tell me.

-I said that I missed my last class without noticing it this afternoon… But, what you just said…

 

Her eyes became big and round.

 

-I said something? What did I say?

-Something about m… Never mind, I must be hearing things…

-What is it?

 

Hyukkie blushed in one go as he said repeated what she accidently said before.

 

-Something about me being hot…and cute… and things like that…

 

It was Val’s turn to blush. Blush… That wasn’t enough to show how red she turned at that moment.

 

-I… said that? Really?

 

If someone one day told her that something like this would happen, she would have laughed in that person’s face, saying she’d simply deny everything.

 

Monkey only nodded, still a little red.

 

-Yep…

- I NEVER said that.

-I’m pretty sure you did…

-Nope.

 

Her tomato face was yelling the truth. Her pathetic tries to deny everything weren’t effective.

 

Not.

 

At.

 

All.

 

-Do you really think it?

-Think what?

-What you said before.

-I already told you I never said a-ny-thing.

-Is that a no?

-…

-Then, I’ll take it as yes?

-…

-You’re not helping me at all, you know?

-…

-Aw! C’mon, Val.

-It’s the second day in my whole life that I see you.

-And?

-How the hell do you want me to think that I’ve feel a little something for you!?

-I never talked about feelings…

-…

-Not again! Please!

-…

-Even it can make you feel better…

-…

-And even if it’s not the case…

-…

-I’ll just say that I do start to – maybe – like you.

-Maybe?

-Maybe. After all, it’s only the second day we talked.

 

Forget the tomato : Val just turned into a volcano. A boiling, red, dangerous volcano.

 

-THEN WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT?

 

-Because it’s the truth.

 

Valerie looked at him with a confused look and put her headphone on again. She refused to take them off, ignoring Eunhyuk each time he tried to get her attention. She looked outside, stubborn, without really seeing anything, her music so loud he could hear it clearly. She stood up before the bus stop and got off the second the door opened. She walked home – she never runs, except when she’s forced to – looking straight in front of her every time she could without risking her life. Eunhyuk, on his side, decided to let her be, giving the time she needed to think. But he never intended to leave it like that, with her uncomfortable, shy, uneasy…

 

It was the second day they talked.

 

They knew almost nothing about the other.

 

Valerie only knew how hot and adorable he was. How talented and passionate he was. How cute and shy he could be. How lovable he was.

 

But she didn’t know how much she loved him.

 

Eunhyuk only knew how funny she was. How nice she was, even though she tried to hide it behind her mean attitude. How beautiful her smile was.

 

But he didn’t know how much he needed her by his side.

 

After all, it was only the second day they talked.