Ama's studio

The New Guy

 

They joined the others and they all entered in the dorm. Few minutes later, they all squeezed themselves in the little studio of Ama.

 

Elena and Teukie on a floor mat, Valerie and Hyukkie on an other one, Ama and Kyu sitting on the bed and Siwon and I sharing a chair at the table… Or more like Siwon on a chair and me on his laps.

 

Everyone was chatting with everyone and, from time to time, a pair would just fall in their own world and the others would let them be. When the time came for Valerie and Eunhyuk to leave, she stood up and started to get prepared – and he did exactly the same thing as her.

 

The moment those two left, Elena decided it was her turn to go. As the gentleman he was, Leeteuk proposed himself to accompany her to her house.

 

-I leave a little far from here, you know…

-I know.

-You would really come and take the bus with me all the way home and then come back here?

-I have my own car.

-But…

-It’ll be faster and I’d feel better knowing you get home safely.

-But…

-Please?

 

Elena sighed and looked at the floor.

 

-Fine.

 

She thought to herself that never before she had been this shy and that never before she found someone that was reading to as far as her house “to make sure she came home safe”. Shy wasn’t enough. Nor was happy.

 

Just before leaving, she turned to say goodbye to Ama and I and her hand stopped waving at the moment she saw the giant cheshire smile Ama had and mine. She turned bright red, pulled her tongue out and left with a “you’re not better than me so stop smiling like that!” look.

 

I turned to look at Ama.

 

-She’s right.

-Yup, she’s right.

 

The boys – Siwon and Kyuhyun were still there – didn’t understand what we were talking about, but they kept silent. They already started to get used to the AmaBee phenomenon.

 

As for us, we totally understood what the other meant. And what Elena’s look meant. After few hours with the boys, we all started to fall for them. But, since everyone was different, it didn’t show the same way. I wasn’t even hiding it nor was Siwon; Elena and Teukie were the shy kind but they had, at the same time, a strange complicity; Ama and Kyuhyun were in a competition on who was the evilest of the two – yeah, that’s how she’s in love – and Valerie and Monkey…They were “we act like friends” on the outside, not showing it to the other one, but everyone could see it, everyone else than the two concerned.

 

Before going back to our main idiots – I am not (absolutely) talking about Valerie and her Monkey – let’s stay a little longer in Ama’s studio.

 

After a moment, Ama’s stomach decided to introduce himself to everyone. How? He screamed as loud as he could that he was empty and hungry as hell. I was used to it and only smiled. Ama didn’t even react, nor the boys.

 

Few minutes later, someone let out the idea of going out to eat, the four of us. Everyone agreed, or, almost everyone.

 

-I spent most of my money on the gas to be able to come here… But you can go, I’ll just stay here.

-I know how you are, Ama said, staring at me with her “you won’t do that” eyes. You’ll just stay here and starve to death without eating anything.

-I…

-Shut up. I know I’m right. I’m pretty sure there’s a gentleman here willing to pay for you.

 

It was Siwon’s turn to be stared at.

 

-I don’t mind, I have enough money to pay for the four of us so…

 

He really didn’t care. But I did.

 

-Don’t ! I already feel bad that SHE proposed it, I’ll feel even worst if you accept.

 

He gently brushed my cheek with the back of his hand and then took my chin with his fingers. He looked at me right in the eyes and said, really serious :

 

-I will pay for you and I won’t accept that you feel bas about it. I do it because I want to, not because she forced me.

 

I turned red in a second and tried to look away. I whispered a “fine” and crossed my arms. He smiled and hugged me softly. After a moment, I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a moment.

 

On the other side, Ama started to talk to Kyu.

 

-Would he really have done that if I didn’t talk about it first ? she asked.

-Absolutely, he’s the super-romantic style. His parents are rich and he works since he’s 14 so he doesn’t only depend on their money.

-He looks like a jerk.

-I know, but he looks this way, he’s not really one.

 

Few seconds passed.

 

-Anyway, she looks happy, I don’t mind.

 

An other few seconds.

 

-Maybe I could be gentleman too.

 

He was laying on the bed, taking as much place he could, his legs on her, head on the pillow. She gave him a doubtful look and he even without opening his eyes, he replied to smile by his smirk.

 

-Maybe. I never said I was one right now.

-I don’t think you can be one.

-I’m sure I can.

-Prove it.

-Maybe.

-Chicken.

 

He opened his eyes.

 

-Chicken?

-Yep.

-Me?

-Yep.

-You’ll see which one of us is the chicken.

 

He sat up and slowly approached his hands of her.

 

-You won’t… YOU ARE DEAD!

 

She started shouting, punching, kicking and fighting when he tickled her. Before long he ended up sitting on her, her hands immobilized so he could tickle her without fearing a certain death.

 

Half an hour after that, we all ended in a restaurant near the dorm. Just like at Ama’s studio, we sat in pairs on each side of the table, Ama and Kyu being the first pair, Siwon and I being the other – obviously. After a short moment, a waitress came and took the order before leaving again. Time passed and Ama’s stomach started to shout more and more. The food finally arrived and the second her plate touched the table, Ama jumped on her pastas. Kyu let out a little laugh, I smiled and Siwon just looked at her with half-curious and half-envious eyes. And we all started eating. I finished last, of course, and the boys paid.

 

Apparently, Kyuhyun was, down deep inside, a little bit of a gentleman. And, apparently, Kyuhyun couldn’t stand being called a chicken.