Missed calls

The New Guy

Valerie lowered her head, breaking the kiss. Right after, Eunhyuk saw her turn bright red, roll to the other side of the bed and burying her face into a pillow.

 

- Are you ok?

 

A muffled sound – half squeal and half growl – answered him. He smiled softly.

 

- I’ll take that as a yes.

 

He lay down next to her and caressed gently her back.

 

- Can you please look at me?

 

Val emitted the same sound again.

 

- I’d like you not to suffocate in my bed. Not for this reason. Being out of breath is ok, but not dead.

 

Valerie’s ears and neck got a little redder. She turned her head to face him, making it easier for her to breathe and letting him see at least an eye, her nose and the half of a mouth.

 

- Stop teasing me! Can’t you see I’m busy dying here? I don’t need more help, you’ve done enough!

- I’ve done enough?

 

His tone was a little worried.

 

- Is that a bad thing? From your reaction...

 

Eunhyuk’s confidence came back when he remembered how cute she was at that moment. Not that she wasn’t now, but he could literally feel the blood rush to her face just before she escaped him.

 

- I was sure it wasn’t that bad. I could even swear that you enjoyed it...

- YOU IDIOT MONKEY Y TEASING MONSTER!

 

Valerie smashed him with the pillow that was a second before under her head. He stopped brushing her back with his hand and pushed the object of the attack away easily. He snuggled a little closer to her, still smiling. He didn’t want to push her or force to do anything she wasn’t ready for, but it wasn’t enough for him. Few seconds of a shy kiss only made him eager for more. He tried to replace a strand of hair – which wasn’t effective because her hair were really short – and slowly made her face him. She was still blushing, but it was a little closer to her natural look than before.

 

In Valerie’s head, she screaming and squealing and running everywhere and rolling on the round. She was sure she died at least two times during the kiss and many other deaths occurred each time the memory imposed itself to her. Did she like it? Of course she did! How could she not? It was HIM. Him kissing her. She was so lost in her over-consciousness of what happened that her body moved on its own when he touched her to make her turn. And when he got close again.

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes found in hers the authorisation to initiate another contact. He couldn’t contain his gummy smile just before pressing his lips against hers once again.

 

The kiss, shy at first, became gradually more intense. Their lips moved in sync and their body searched for each other. They hugged tightly. Eunhyuk shirt hardly survived Val’s grip. Their legs were so intertwined together that they couldn’t know which leg was whose and how it was placed. Eunhyuk seemed to have a thing with her hair, constantly brushing them. The little control he had kept him from putting his hand under her shirt, even just to feel the skin of her back. He felt that it was too soon for this. Time passed, maybe seconds, minutes or hours. They lost count. They didn’t care. They were in their world. A world where only two things existed: Them.

 

Sadly, someone, somewhere, didn’t lose track of the time.

 

Ama was walking back and forth everywhere she could in her studio. Three pairs of eyes were following her. Siwon and I got there few minutes before 4pm, the other pair belonging to Kyuhyun, the Evil Mouth.

 

- I’m calling her, said Ama. Where’s my phone?!

- Give them some time, maybe the bus was late...

- Or maybe they are too busy making out, who knows...

 

Siwon and Mouth were both trying to convince her to wait a little more. God knows how, they were able to make her wait for almost fifteen minutes, but she was back at it.

 

- Even Bee is here and she managed to almost get lost even if she was with Muscle thing!

- That’s not fair! I wasn’t lost... just not sure of where everything was...

- That’s the same thing, babo.

- But Amaaaaaa...

- Shaddup Bee, I’m calling her. GIVE ME MY PHONE.

 

I raised my hands to prove my innocence and so the two guys.

 

- We wouldn’t dare to touch it without your permission. Well, I wouldn’t. I know you too well to touch anything of yours without your consent.

 

She punched Mouth on the shoulder quite hard.

 

- Gimme my phone.

- Get it.

 

The smirk he had made me fear he hid it.

 

- I don’t mind touching that enormous of yours, but I don’t mind kicking it IF YOU DON’T GIME ME MY ING PHONE RIGHT NOW!

 

Apparently, he treasured his life and his enough to give the phone that was in one of his back pockets.

 

- You touched his ?

 

Yes, that was the thing that caught my attention in what she said.

 

- Did you see the size it? How could I NOT touch it? Even if I didn’t want to, it would still happen.

- You enjoyed it, don’t lie.

 

The smirk was back on, with a little something more.

 

- I never said I didn’t, did I? Now, stop distracting me.

 

She dialed Val’s number and waited. It rang once, twice...

 

- She’s not answering. PICK UP THE PHONE, VAL. PICK. UP. YOUR. CELLPHONE.

 

Ama hung up and called again.

 

She did that four times.

 

- I swear I’ll kill her the minute she will pass that door.

 

Nobody doubted it nor said a thing for the next minute. I broke the silence, hoping not to get killed for doing so.

 

- What about Elena?

- Her dude...

- Leeteuk, interrupted Kyu who didn’t mind the death kill Ama gave him.

- Leeteuk and 'Na are stuck somewhere in the traffic, they already called to warn me not to wait for them. We only have to tell them where we go if we leave before they get here.

- Oh, ok.

Ama suddenly turned to face Mouth.

 

- You. Give me that dude’s number. NOW.

- What will you do if I don’t?

 

Remember when I said that this guy treasured his life a little? I lied. He wanted to die.

 

- What happened will never occur again. Ever.

 

Siwon and I looked at each other wondering what happened exactly while Mouth seemed shocked by what she said before putting on his cool attitude on once more.

 

- You...

- I won’t come back on that. Ask Bee.

 

He asked me with his eyes. I nodded. I had no idea what was going on, but Ama was always serious when she talked like that.

 

- See. Give me that phone number.

 

He sighed. She won and composed the number as he told her.

 

- If they don’t answer that, I’ll kill both of them... They are SO dead.

- Let’s wait five more minutes...

- Bee, it’s almost 4:30, I waited for too long!

- May I...?

 

That was Siwon.

 

- We could just go and get them. If they were in the bus, they would have answered. That means they must still be home.

- Muscle Thing, that is... a good idea. You came here in car, right?

- I parked it near the Cegep, but yeah, I have my car. There’s enough place for everyone.

- It’s set then! Let’s go.

 

Once again, no one dared to argue with her.

 

- Let me go and get the car, I’ll come and pick you up.

 

I made puppy eyes to Ama and she nodded lightly. She wasn’t really fond of him, but she could see I was feeling better when I was with him. I turned my puppy eyes toward Siwon.

 

- Can I?

 

His hand pressed mine and we both got up. It took us a little more than five minutes to get the car and come back to Ama’s place. Ama insisted to sit in front so she could give him directions. Somehow, she ended up at the back with Kyu after they made her realize that Siwon had a GPS and only needed the address.

 

In Eunhyuk’s house...

 

- Ama will be so pissed...

- I have a bad feeling about it.

- She will kill us...

 

Val and Monkey were sitting on the bed, both staring at their phone screen listing all the missed calls they had.

 

- I have a voicemail...

 

Valerie took a deep breath and played it on the speaker mode.

 

- Val. You are so dead. And Monkey Dude too. Both of you. I don’t care what you are doing or were doing. I’m on my way to kill you. You will suffer. YOU ARE HALF AN HOUR LATE AND DIDN’T GIVE ME ANY NEWS. Bee’s Muscle thing is driving us to your house. I don’t know how long we will take to reach you two, but we will. YOU BETTER BE THERE WHEN WE ARRIVED OR ARE EVEN DEADER.”

- Yup. We are dead. So, soooo dead.

- Deader?

- When Ama uses words that aren’t words, it means she’s really pissed.

 

Eunhyuk grabbed her hand.

 

- It’ll be ok.

- She will yell at us until our ears bleed, but we’ll survive. Bee did all these years, after all. She’s a little softer with her, but she still had her share of Ama’s speeches.

- Should we go to your house?

- Probably, if there are coming, Ama doesn’t know which neighbour you are.

- Let’s go then.

 

He stood up first and then pulled her into his arms to kiss her and hug her. He was gaining confidence and Valerie, on her side, was slowly letting her shyness disappear.