Try to survive

The New Guy

Valerie sat in front of the computer, Eunhyuk next to her. She made sure the two of them could hear and be heard before turning on the mic.

 

“ ’Sup”

 

“Vaaaal, Ama’s attacking me with Siwon’s pict. I am soooooo dying.”

 

“Don’t die, Bee, There’s more. Way more. Ke ke ke ~”

 

I don’t know if I said it before, but Ama is evil. The worst out here. Even Lucifer is scared of her.

 

“There’s someone with me, just so you know.”

 

“ Your father ?” Ama asked.

 

“Your dogs ?“

 

That was me.

 

“ Bee, a dog is not someone.”

 

“Max is a person.”

 

“Max is… Max.”

 

“ It’s the neighbour.”

 

Velrie knew that if she didn't stop us, it could last long.

 

“The new guy ?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Hey, new guy, do you have a name ? “

 

“He probably has one, Bee.”

 

“Just asking.”

 

“Meeeeeh, really ?”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I know you love me.”

 

“I love Val more.”

 

“ I know you don’t. 7 years of love can’t be erased by someone you’ve only seen once.”

 

The “new guy” was looking at Val with lost eyes. He was having a hard time trying to follow the conversation and even more when he tried to say something. He covered up the mic and asked Valerie : “ Are they together ? I mean… you know…?”. She started laughing.

 

“Ama, why is Val laughing?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe you should ask her instead.”

 

“Yeah… Vaaaaaaaaaaaal, why are you laughing?”

 

“He asked if you two were going out.”

 

“We are.” Ama and I said in one voice.

 

And then, we started laughing.

 

Once again, Eunhyuk was staring at Valerie with lost eyes. Why were those three girls laughing?

 

After calming down a little, Val wrote “ His name is Eunhyuk (she had to ask how to write it, you could have guessed it without me telling you, but I still did) and he looks lost. Really lost. He’s all red. Maybe we should let him talk…”.

 

Writing was the easiest way to tell them since Ama and I were fighting with lots of love again.

 

She got two answers in the two seconds following her own message: Two “No” : One from Ama and one from me.

 

“I... I think I’ll go back home.” Eunhyuk said to Val, staring at the computer with scared eyes.

 

That. Was. Cute. A scared little monkey.

 

“As you wish.”

 

Then Val said to Ama and I : “ Be back soon. Again.”  She stood up and walked to her door. Then, she turned and stared at the guy. “So…? Are you coming or not ?”

 

“Oh, yeah.”

 

He looked one last time at the screen and followed Valerie – who didn’t even wait for him before leaving. When he finally caught up with her, she was midway through the stairs. She simply continued to the front door and waited for him to put his shoes before opening the door.

 

“So…um… well…” he hesitated.

 

“Be ready at 6, in front of your house.”

 

“Like… 6 AM ?”

 

“No, like 6 PM. Yeah, 6 in the morning. Be ready.”

 

“I’ll be. See you tomorrow. And thanks again for…”

 

“I know. For showing you the way and all. See ya.”

 

He waved goodbye, she answered and closed the door. She went downstairs again, in her bedroom and sighted.

 

“ ’sup”

 

“So ?” I asked.

 

“Well…”

 

“That’s not an answer that we can accept.”

 

“Ama, if you don’t interrupt me, I’ll be able to finish my sentence.”

 

“…right.”

 

“So ?”

 

Me ? Repeating myself ? Never.

 

“He’s kind of hot.” Valerie admitted.

 

“She said he was hot.”

 

“She did, did she ?”

 

“I think she did.”

 

Valerie sighted again.

 

“ What’s the matter ? Can’t I find some guy hot ?”

 

“What does he look like ?”

 

“He reminded me of a monkey…”

 

“You said he was hot…”

 

“He is.”

 

“You also said he was monkey.”

 

“I never said he was a monkey…”

 

“That he looked like a monkey”

 

“I didn’t say that… It’s just that I thought of a monkey when I was staring at him…”

 

“You stared at him…? Just like I would do ?”

 

“No, Bee, not like you. I only stared, I didn’t judge.”

 

“I don’t judge people. Never.”

 

Nice try, Bee, nobody would believe me.

 

“You do. Always.” Ama said with a voice that would not accept any answer.

 

“I do.” I still answered.

 

And this continued for a long time, even after Val went to sleep. But there was one thing she didn’t know at that time…