Never win against those two

The New Guy

 

The day after, Eunhyuk waited outside his house, just like she asked him the first. But when Valerie went out of her house, she didn’t even look at him. She walked straight to the bus stop, her headphones shouting her music way louder than usual. Here again, he didn’t try to talk to her: he just followed her, sitting with some stranger in the bus and going out at the same place she did. Not a word was exchange between those two.

 

When the bus stopped at the Cegep station, Valerie took her thing and got out quickly, walking as fast as she could to her class. Once in her classroom, she let herself falls on a chair near Ama and Elena. She took her headphones off and looked at the girls with tired eyes.

 

-What happened? asked Nana.

 

Valerie just raised her head, looked at her with dead tired/serious eyes and let her head crash on the desk.

 

-Ouch… That hurts…

-No kidding. With the sound it did, I’m impressed you can still talk.

 

That was Ama, being herself.

 

-What happened? You look like a zombie…

 

Again.

 

-Eeeeh…Well…. Actually…

 

It went like this for a minute or two before she finally told the other girls what happened.

 

-HE CONFESSED?

-Not so loud, Nana, please… Everyone will hear you.

-Who cares? There’re just snobbish people way too normal for us, Ama immediately replied.

-He confessed, said Elena a little lower, and you just ran away…

-Well, I didn’t really run away… More like walk really fast?

-Sweetheart, that’s running away, even if you’re not actually running.

 

Valerie sighed.

 

-I know. Stop being always right.

-Sorry?

 

A little moment of silence passed.

 

-Where’s Bee ?

 

That was a nice try from Val to get to an other subject.

 

-In my room, I left her there with the hope she won’t try to come here and lose herself… Or completely destroy my laptop.

 

And it worked.

 

-Did she just say she let someone use her computer?

 

Just adding a little bit, to make sure it won’t go back to the main story…

 

-I’m pretty sure she did.

-This must be a dream.

-Or maybe a nightmare?

-Ah, shut up. We were talking about Val’s inexistent love life and her stupidity. Let Bee’s bad luck alone.

 

Nice try, Val. Ama’s too stubborn to let you win at that game.

 

Elena turned back to Valerie and Ama had one of her evil smile – don’t ask why, she’s just like that.

 

-So, why did you run away?

-What else could I do? He almost confessed… AND IT WAS THE SECOND TIME WE TALKED.

-Well… some people are real close to their emotions I guess… tried Nana.

-And others just don’t want to admit it, said Ama.

-Ok, fine, I got it: I’m an idiot.

-‘grats, you got it.

 

Ama’s sarcasm is everywhere.

 

-I can remember pretty well you being real close to that Monkey guy back at my apartment. I know you remember it too or else you wouldn’t blush this way. If you didn’t get along with him, why would you be THAT close to some stranger/new neighbour?

 

Val sighed. Again.

 

-I don’t know? And, we were not “that” close. Bee and her man were worst, Nana and her smiling guy too. And you were fighting with that evil dude of yours too, which is the same thing as being close to someone for you!

-Bee’s an exception: she’s just Bee. The next time they’ll see each other they’ll probably kiss and make out… Okay, forget the last part, nobody wants to know that. But she’s Bee, so let her bee. And we do what we want. We’re talking about YOU, not us.

-But…

-No but. Just face the truth.

-Which is…

 

The evil and the angel looked at each other, smiling.

 

-You like him.

-I don’t love him!

- We never said love, we said like.

-Same thing.

-Nope. Ask Bee.

-She’s not even there…

-That’s the point, I’m right.

 

Val stared at Ama for a moment, just to see if she was kidding. She wasn’t.

 

-I don’t find any logic to what you just said.

-There’s none. I’m right, that’s all.

-Fine.

 

At that moment, the teacher came in and the class started.

 

 

 

---

Ok, it's been a while, I know, sorry.

And I didn't re-read so there must be a thousand mistakes.

And this doesn't lead to anything, I know, sorry again.

But girls, I just love how evil Ama can be xD 

And how Val tries to escape xD

And how Elena's always right xD