Talking

The New Guy

 

I had the guilty smile when I saw them. And I saw the oh-my-gosh-they-are-so-hot aura pop up around them when they saw the boys. But it didn’t last long. Apparently, I was way more important than some unknown hot boys – well, unknown except for Eunhyuk and Val. They made me get up and then they hugged me at the same time. Any other time, I would complain and try to escape from a more than one-to-one hug, but in the situation I was now, it was probably better not to say or do anything.

 

After the giant hug, Ama came and gave me one. And then, she slowly put her hands on my shoulder and started shaking. Oh, sweet paradise, I can already see the light…

 

“Never leave all alone again. Or I’ll have to buy you a leash.”

 

I did my I-know-you-are-serious-and-I-am-scared-of-it face. Yes, it was a face.

 

“I won’t. I swear !”

 

“Don’t swear, you know you’ll get lost if I don’t walk hand in hand with you or anything like that. You are worst than a kid, really…”

 

“I am a kid. Remember.”

 

“You are, indeed.”

 

She let go of my shoulder after making sure I wouldn’t fall and turned to the guys again. Now that she calmed down, she was able to listen to them… a little bit at least.

 

“Time to explain yourselves: How come you are FOUR to walk that girl back to the dorm?”

 

Eunhyuk took a step forward.

 

“She was sitting on a bench in front of the Cegep and I heard her talking to herself. At first, I thought that I knew her voice, and then, she said her name. And yours. And Val’s name. And when she said Valerie’s name, I realized that she was on skype with both of you last night. So I started talking to her…”

 

“Good. Now, why are you FOUR?”

 

“We talked a little and she asked me if I knew where the dorm was. I said yes. And she decided that I would walk her back here.”

 

Ama gave me her you-are-stupid look before looking back at Monkey.

 

“And Kyu decided to tag alone because he thought…”

 

“’cause that girl is an idiot and she’s so easy to make fun of.”

 

I didn’t even give him a look. Idiot himself!

 

“That girl really is an idiot. But she is MY idiot.” Ama said.

 

“Mind to share?” Kyu answered.

 

“Not sharing.”

 

And without letting him the time to answer, she asked Eunhyuk to continue.

 

“So, Kyu tagged alone and then, she asked if there were any other volunteers. And she, once again, decided that they would follow us. They didn’t complain. That’s about it…”

 

“And why did it take you so long?”

 

He didn’t say anything. He just looked at Siwon and I. We were both lost in our thoughts, our back against the wall, staring at the sky. And apparently, holding hands was already a habit.

 

“I see.Well…ok. I’ll think about forgiving you.”

 

She sighted. She knew that, since my last boyfriend broke up with me, I needed love. Not someone to sleep with, but someone to hug, someone who would care about me in a way she couldn’t.

 

“I’ll start thinking of forgiving you. One day.”

 

She left Monkey alone and went directly to Mouth.

 

“You. She is MY idiot. Don’t you dare make of her without MY permission Or you’ll be dead.”

 

He had the smile-that-kills.

 

“Fine. Can I?”

 

Ama smirked.

 

“It’ll be my way to punish her.”

 

He smirked back.

 

“Alright.”

 

If I had paid a little attention at that moment, I could have saved my life…

 

While Ama and Kyuhyun were planning evil plans in their corner, while Siwon and I were getting lost in the depth of our mind, Val and Elena were standing there, watching it all happens. They sighted at the same time, started laughing without knowing why and smiled. Right after that, Eunhyuk walked toward the girls with Leeteuk. Eunhyuk stopped in front of Val and Leeteuk in front of Elena.

 

Let’s start with Eunhyuk and Valerie…

 

Eunhyuk : “I forgot to ask your phone number…”

 

Val : “ Why would you do that ?”

 

“Well… to ask you things…”

 

She thought about it almost the quarter of second.

 

“Seems legit.”

 

And she gave him.

 

“But I almost never check it. So don’t wait for an answer. You’re better to simply shout my name. Or you can send a homing bird. Or something like that.”

 

“A… homing bird?”

 

“Yes. A homing bird. Everyone has one.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Neither do I.”

 

“But…”

 

“Don’t believe everything I say.”

 

“Ok…”

 

“I told you not to believe me !”

 

“But…”

 

“You’re so cute and naïve. That’s adorable.”

 

He looked at her with a I-don’t-understand-why-you-are-saying-that look on his face, which made Valerie almost-squeal. She just died inside her head.

 

“So, I’ll text you or call you when I’ll be done with my classes tonight.” He said, breaking the little silence.

 

“Perfect.”

 

And then, the conversation continued on the same rhythm: Valerie making fun of Monkey’s adorableness.

 

At the same time, Leeutek and Elena started speaking to each other, in a more quiet and civilised way. After all, it was Mr.Nice speaking to a lady…

 

“I’m Leeteuk, nice to meet you.”

 

“Elena, nice to meet you too.”

 

“You are a friend of these three?”

 

“I know Ama and Valerie, but I talked less with Bee since we are never on Skype at the same time.”

 

“She seems like a very… special person.”

 

“She probably is.”

 

“And you seem quieter than the three others.”

 

“Really?”

 

He nodded, a little smile on his smile, creating two little dimples on his cheeks, which made Elena smiles. And dies, even if she didn’t show it.

 

People die a lot.

 

“It’s just because you don’t know me… When I want, I can be worst than these two together.”

 

“Really?”

 

“You can’t even imagine…”

 

“I’m curious to see that.”

 

“One day, probably.”

 

Leeteuk gave her a warm smile and raised his head a little, looking at others.

 

“Looks like their going somewhere.” Thought Elena out loud.

 

“We should probably follow them.”

 

“Let’s go then.”