Skyping with Ama is hell...

The New Guy

-Hey there.

-Yo. Bee’s next to me. She’s waving at the screen, even if you can’t see her…

 

Ama gave me a look, wondering if I was just plain stupid or tired before going on.

 

-‘Na saying she’s sorry she can’t talk with us tonight.

-Why so?

-She got a daaaaate, I said before Ama could growl her answer.

 

Val turned her head toward Eunhyuk.

 

-With your friend?

-Probably, it’d make sense. They seemed to get along after all.

 

Ama and I cut off their conversation through the speakers of Eunhyuk, wondering who she was talking to.

 

-Hey, you’re with someone?

-Is it hot-monkey face?

-Eh… well… yeah… tried to answer Valerie before being drowned in a huge amount of questions.

-Why are you with him?

-You started talking to him again?

-You got over your stubbornness?

-You’re not home, right? The noises aren’t the same as usual. Which means…

-You are at HIS HOUSE ?!

 

Ama and I stared at each other for a few seconds as we realized Valerie was over a man’s house and willing to be there. These few seconds gave her the time to answer few of questions before we started again.

 

-Yes, I talk to him or else I wouldn’t be at his house and even less in his room. I’m there because someone I deeply hate from the bottom of my heart is actually in my house and I didn’t want to see this person right now or ever again in my life.

-You are in his room!?

-Well, at least, she’s not too far away from her house…

-Bee, him being her neighbour won’t change the fact that he’s a male and that Valerie actually is in his room.

-I know. But I’m sure she could beat him without a problem if she wanted to. I mean, she’s herself, right? She doesn’t let anyone get near her or talk to her or force her to do anything if she’s against it. I’m sure she hides the corpses of those poor people who tried to do so in HIS garden. Because her parents would mad at her otherwise, right ?

-You got a point, but, if I were her, I’d hide them in the garden of the second house to the left three streets away to the right from her house.

-Girls…

 

Nice try, Val, Nice try.

 

-Anyway. Valerie is probably completely conscious of the fact she is in HIS room now. You know, I mean, like… HIS room. Of that hot-monkey-face… Oh… I got a text, Yay! Friends! Who’s that?

 

And on that, I rolled far away –like, a feet away – to reach my cellphone and check what was that mysterious message, letting the other talk.

 

-Before you start lecturing me for being a stupid and naive idiot because I’m in a boy’s room with the boy in question, I’ll just say again that there are people I don’t want to see at my house and it was the easiest and the fastest solution I could of.

-And I just wanted to help. It’s not as if I wanted to kidnap her. I’d like to live a little longer that my twenty years old of existence…

 

Valerie gave a “i-somehow-feel-bad-for-you-so-have-some-invisible-sympathy” look to Eunhyuk. He was playing his life by talking, even more by saying what he did.

 

-I hope you didn’t kidnap her. Or else dying would be a pleasure. I’d make you regret coming here, meeting her and even breathing and existing. I’ll tear apart every piece of your body, one by one, with my claws. And  Bee will sing to make your ears bleed.

-Amaaaaaaa, that’s mean! It’s not because I’m fighting with my cellphone that I do not hear you! I’m not THAT bad. I hope… You are probably right, actually… I hate you. But not as much as I hate blood. Meuh. Blood. DON’T ANY OF YOU DARE BLEEDING IN MY PRESENCE.

-Bee, you can’t even see them, said Ama, turning her head toward me.

-Still, they can. I forbid them. I’ll kill them if they bleed.

 

Ama sighed loudly, going back to the main business: Valerie.

 

-Anyway, you are big girl now. I guess you’ll survive just fine even if you are in a boy’s room.

 

I somehow won against my phone and got to see the message.

 

-Girls! Monkey! That guy from the other day, he sent me a message. It’s so nice of him!

-You mean the big muscle thing? The one that you used as a chair last time?

-Yeah, that one.

-What does he want, Bee? Asked Val.

-He wants to see me! Oh my god ! Someone other than Ama actually wants to see me! Yay! Not that I don’t like you, Ama, but you are not really in the same category as him, you know, I don’t…

- I know. And you are just one big blonde idiot. Bee happy, I guess, even though I don’t agree with you going out with that thing, he can’t be as bad as the one before…

-Meh, he was nice to me, he wasn’t such a bad person.

-He was.

-As you wish. I almost have a date with Siwon, I don’t care about the other anymore.

 

In Eunhyuk room, the both of them exchanged a look.

 

-They are talking about Siwon? Asked Monkey.

-Probably. The one who was with Bee back at Ama’s room.

-Yep, that’s Siwon. I am not really surprised. He’s really sweet with girls.

-I believe you.

 

Ama and I stopped talking to listen to them. She stared at the screen with a strange look on her face and, then, slowly turned her heard to face me.

 

-Girls, I’ve got an idea.

 

I somehow knew what was coming next.

 

-Even thought I don’t really like boys, I think we could do something all together so I can judge if they are good enough for all of you. ‘Na and her smiling dude, Bee and the muscle thing, you two...

-What about you?

-I can hear your smile, Val. And your thoughts.

-So? She’s right, added Eunhyuk. What about you?

-You and that evil guy, you’d look good together. Yes, evil. Because you said Siwon was a muscle thing, so that guy is the Evil Guy.

-They would look good, but they would make people wish to die.

-Girls, Kyu isn’t THAT bad… Aouch! Why did you punch me ! It hurts!

-Hyuk, you are minority here…

-But we are only two in my room!

-I mean, in this conversation. Three girls and you. Not a good thing to defend someone.

-And you’re a guy, too, that doesn’t help. By the way, Ama’s not listening anymore, she’s searching for something. I fear for my life, Val. If I don’t come back to my parents alive, tell them I loved them a lot.

 

Ama took her cellphone and sent a text to someone. And an other one. She came back to the computer and her phone in her hands, waiting for an answer.

 

-Say, dude, do you and and the other dudes have classes tomorrow afternoon?

-I think Kyu’d classes end at four, but the others and I are free starting noon.

- It’s settled then. I’ll leave the girls to the guys alone until 4, even Bee, but – she looked at me, almost growling – be careful! I don’t want to see as a corpse. Or as a victim of someone else than you or myself. And answer EACH of my text. I’ll text you every ten minutes.

 

She concentrated back to the invisible voices.

 

-And at four, we’ll meet up here and go somewhere all together so I can judge each and every one of you, treating you like the bunch of idiots you are. Tell the guys, Monkey face.

-I guess nobody has the choice, he sighed.

-No one would dare to defy Ama anyway. No one valuing life, at least.

 

On Val’s wise words, everyone said goodbye to everyone and the conversation ended there on Skype. After all, Val was in that guy’s room with the y dance machine, the least we could do was to let her enjoy this moment. And, Ama had to give me the longest “you are an idiot you don’t even know that muscle thing who doesn’t talk at all I don’t know why I’m letting you do this” speech ever said in the universe history.