Chapter 9

The Chase

"Why are you going to the park anyway?" Yeji asked, walking alone next to Suho, Kyungsoo, and Kai. Ahead of them, Sehun and Chanyeol were shoving each other, trying to push the other off the sidewalk.

"Felt like going out." Suho shrugged.

"I'm surprised you guys are even free." She said. "What about all those girls who love you so much?"

Kai covered his ears at the thought. "Those chicks are crazy! They won't even let us study in peace!"

Suho turned to him. "You don't study."

He waved it off. "That doesn't matter."

"Today, one girl had enough guts to ask him to the prom." Kyungsoo explained.

"Isn't that next semester?" Yeji asked.

"Exactly!" Kai went ballistic. "Next semester! But she just had to ask the in the first month of school! I'm going to go crazy, I really am." He shook his head.

Sehun turned around from in front. "Aww, don't feel bad. You were already crazy." He smiled sweetly. Kyungsoo looked away to keep from laughing.

"Aish.. This kid." Kai scowled.

"What did you tell her?" Yeji kept herself from smiling.

He scoffed. "No of course! I mean, I gotta keep it cool, so I apologized and everything."

Yeji half smiled. "Mm-hmm."

"Y-yah, I'm not that mean-" he started before Yeji was being pulled away by Sehun.

"WE CALL SWINGS!" He yelled, sprinting towards the blue swings in the back of the park. There were kids everywhere, accompanied by parents who looked at Yeji and Exo like they were too old to be excited about the park. Some kids were even ushered away by their parents.

"NO FAIR. YOU GOT A HEAD START!" Chanyeol yelled back, trying to catch up to them.

"YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS! THERE'S ENOUGH FOR ALL OF US!" Baekyun joined in.

"Screw you all!" Kai ran past everyone. "The slide's where it's at!" He started climbing the squiggly metal bars to get high enough to go down. Once he was up there, he threw himself in, hands up and yelling 'wheeeee' the whole time.

Suho mentally face palmed himself. His friends were such kids.

Yeji laughed as she ran to a swing as started pushing herself. I can see why they needed to come here. "I bet I can get higher than you." She challenged Sehun.

"Challenge accepted." He still raised his voice as if she wasn't right next to him. "I'll put you to the ground!"

Yeji didn't pay attention as she kicked harder and harder, pushing herself into the air.

Chanyeol ran behind Yeji and started pushing her, but at the same time, trying to stop Sehun from swinging.

"Hyung, what the hell?!"

Kai and Kyungsoo were going down the slides and Baekhyun was in his own little world, playing and climbing on the monkey bars.

Suho just leaned on the bar supporting the swings, waving and apologetically smiling to the families that passed by. He felt like he had to, being the oldest.

"Aish.. My head hurts." Sehun whined, jumping off at the swing's full height.

Yeji followed, landing on her feet. "That's right." She went over to Chanyeol and high fived him.

He walked up to Sehun and pointed a finger in his face. "In yo FACE!"

Sehun gave him a look, and didn't move as he swapped Chanyeol's hand away. He kicked him on the side of his waist and ran away to the slides. Chanyeol followed.

Just as Kyungsoo was about to go down the slide, Sehun pushed him out of the way, leaving Kyungsoo confused. He shrugged and was about to slide again when Chanyeol pushed him away with more force. Now Kyungsoo was wide eyed and confused.

Yeji gave up and leaned next to Suho, breathing heavily from running. "Well, you made a good decision by coming here." She joked.

He closed his eyes and banged his head on the bar behind him. "You could say that again." He laughed along with her, then nudged her. "So, what's the real reason you went to the station?"

"Why does everyone ask that?" She mumbled to herself. "I'm just looking into Jiyong's team's case with them."

"I see." He nodded. "It's good practice, that's for sure."

"You have no idea." She raised her eyebrows for a second. "Just don't tell my dad, please?" She folded her hands together.

"Arasso." He pushed himself up. "I'm a little hungry. Wanna get something to eat?"

She shrugged with a jutted lip. "I don't see why not."

"Did you say eat?" Sehun yelled loudly. He and Chanyeol started running.

"Whoop! Food!" Kyungsoo slid down one more time.

Kai stomped the ground. "But we just got here!" But nonetheless, he followed Kyungsoo and went towards the rest.

Baekhyun looked around, hearing silence. He watched as the group started walking away. He hopped off the bars. "YAH! DON'T LEAVE ME YOU INCONSIDERATE FOOLS!"